Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! (28486 Views)

Arteta Excludes Ozil Totally From The Arsenal Squad, Says "I Failed With Ozil" / Old And New Houses Of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Beckham / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by obembet(f): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2019
As we all know, over the course of the Wenger years, there were several players who just missed out on joining up with the former Arsenal boss.

Here we take a look at the XI Wenger might have had…

Joe Hart
"I remember when Hart played at Birmingham, I asked about him and they told me he is at Man City. I thought he would be the 'keeper there. He has something that is needed for a goalkeeper to play at a big club and I am not surprised he made it as No 1." - Wenger in 2011.

Virgil van Dijk
"Wenger had the chance once to sign Van Dijk and the chief scout at Arsenal said that he was too nonchalant. So, they didn’t do it. Now, my understanding is that he is quite good.

Raphael Varane
"I'm happy for him because he's carving out a role at one of the world's best clubs, which is remarkable. Yet at the same time, when you are in charge of a club like Arsenal, you have to wonder why this player is not playing for us. He was at Lens, and we might well have caught him there." - Wenger in 2013.

Gerald Pique
"It was at a period where Fabregas came. We wanted to take Fabregas, Messi and Pique. It worked only for Fabregas." - Wenger in 2014.

Gareth Bale
"We didn't take him as we had Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy and didn't want another left-back. I must confess it was a huge mistake as he can play in midfield. He struggled at the start at Tottenham, then they moved him to midfield and he has done exceptionally well. The career of a player sometimes depends on playing in the right position." - Wenger in 2013.

Lionel Messi
"I think in the end he was not so keen to move. It was not completely down to a flat in the end, it was down to the fact that Messi was comfortable at Barcelona." - Wenger in 2014.

Paul Pogba

"Things happened very quickly. We were interested in him. We tried to get him to come here. But he very quickly signed for Juventus." - Wenger in 2014

N'Golo Kante
"I tried to sign Kante when he was in France and when he was at Leicester. We cannot explain everything - transfers are transfers - but it is quite obvious when you look at where he has gone.

"I believe Kante has had a huge impact. It's no coincidence Chelsea are where they are and Leicester did what they did last season." - Wenger in 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo
"My biggest regret, I was so close to signing Cristiano Ronaldo, and not only did I not get him he signed for Manchester United, so that of course still hurts today." - Wenger in 2014.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
"Arsene gave me the famous red and white jersey - the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased I even posed for a picture wearing it. It was a fantastic moment for me. So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join Arsenal. But he didn't even try. He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more, 'I want to see how good you are, what kind of player you are. Have a trial'. I couldn't believe it. I was like, "No way, Zlatan doesn't do auditions". - Ibrahimovic in 2012.

Luis Suarez

"I'm very happy with what I did. There again, the details will maybe come out one day - maybe not in my book, but somebody else's book! I know only one side of the story, but we always had fair relations with Liverpool, we kept in touch over that period. It was not meant to be provocative at all - it could be interpreted like that, but it was not our purpose." - Wenger in 2013.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/15118/10754260/pogba-messi-suarez-ronaldo-the-arsenal-xi-arsene-wenger-could-have-had

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Madaraa1(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
I don't do auditions zlatan is something else

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by obembet(f): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2019
Lalasticlala, kindly push this to FP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by jiana02(f): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2019
I almost signed messi.. I almost signed neymar grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by money121(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by trendymarseey(f): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2019
kk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Sirmuel1(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2019
Wenger is talented. He sees raw talent before others notice it. But then, he hates spending money... "Money that doesn't belong to him or his Father" can you imagine?! cheesy

196 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2019
Talk talk talk

Verified wechatband Alipay wallet available

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Shollay20(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
Arsenal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
Sweet dreams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by TANID(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Wenger Is A Most Talented Coach

He's A Moster Coach. As A One Of Arsenal Fans I Really Missed Him So Much.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by popweezy(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Wenger.. See ur life in ceremony!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by iamawara(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Dreamers club

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by ArmaniUhuru: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
He almost signed those great players, but couldn’t. Same way he almost won the champions league in 2006, but couldn’t.

I just remembered that cartoon skit.

Cartoon: Arsenal wengerrrrrrrrr! ko ni dafun yin. Buy player you no gree buy. Stinnnnnngy coach.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by nepapole(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Mumu club. When players become stars finish, they will now come with: "we almost signed Ronaldo" , "why we did not sign Messi", "pogba's deal was 80% complete before he was hijacked".
Yeye Club with fans like Nigerians.. ( e go better e go better people..)

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by jogsman01(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Zlatan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by jhydebaba(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
Baba Ijebu, he no dey gree sign big players na to sign small players upandan.

Wenger though is a legend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
embarassedespecially messi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by faithfull18(f): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Wenger is talented. He sees raw talent before others notice it. But then, he hates spending money... "Money that doesn't belong to him or his Father" can you imagine?! cheesy
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by bluefilm: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
But at least he signed Shkodran Mustafi... wink

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by gmaribel(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2019
Wenger should have been retained as a scout for Arsenal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Jokerman(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2019
He could may have win the UCL sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by OlujobaSamuel: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2019
Lol, Zlantan is crazy, that guy is the real life Chuck Norris.
On Suarez case, how can Wenger say the bid wasn't provocative, how can you bid £40m+1 for a player whose release clause is £40m. Clown

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by chelsea1116(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2019
This is a fantastic coach..
Always qualified for champions league with kids. He worked with what was given to him. Its gonna take long b4 he will b replaced just lik man utd will find it hard to replace Alex fergie.
These men are Legends and very good.
Even though i dont like both clubs but i cant deny how good they were.
Me na Chelsea loyalist.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Lamasta(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2019
It is only in dreamland Arsenal have the best players but in reality they will be dragging top 6 with Everton and Man Utd grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Mavrick2012: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2019
Wow!!!
That team would have rained havoc on Europe.
One thing you can't take away from arsen venga is his eyes for quality, but his problem is tight fist.
But, as a barca fan, enk God he didn't get mesi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by donifez(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2019
Madaraa1:
I don't do auditions zlatan is something else

The guy knows his worth jare.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Gangster1ms: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
All those players career would be dead by now if they had gone to Arsenal. They should thank their God

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Wenger and his "I almost signed that player, I tried to sign that player" talk.
He should go and sit down jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! by Inspectorsuga22(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2019
Sirmuel1:

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why World Cup Final Group Games Are Played Simultaneously / Mourinho Gives Surprising but Concrete Reason For Making Pogba Captain / Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As Footballer With Most Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.