Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car (12627 Views)

Service Your Vehicle With As Low As N10k (promo) / Why You Must Service Your Car Regularly / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Exponental(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

waste of money, there is no car that deserves service monthly, if your car gives you cause for concern each month then it is faulty!
I disagree. I know someone who used a car for 6yrs. He travels alot with it. Lagos to Kogi, he gets it serviced. I cant remember though, as an Engr, he had a distance he covers that deserves servicing. To n fro..... When he sold the car, the buyer said the engine was tokunbo.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Exponental:

I disagree. I know someone who used a car for 6yrs. He travels alot with it. Lagos to Kogi, he gets it serviced. I cant remember though, as an Engr, he had a distance he covers that deserves servicing. To n fro..... When he sold the car, the buyer said the engine was tokunbo.
The only way this is possible is if your car is for business.and car service as regards change of parts is by mileage.If he covers 3k miles plus then yes, you can change ur Engine Oils.The best bet to go by is ur Oficial manufacturer's page,Now here is a twist if your car is modern tyou can use up to 5Kmiles and your car says you should use full synthetic Oil your car go as far as 15K miles before a change
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Mrford(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
korel9:

Why please?

When you service your car depends on the type of oil you use and the the mileage you have covered. If you are using synthetic oil (the likes of mobile 1, duramax, hardex etc) recommended by the manufacturer. You service your car every 6000 to 7000km or every six months which ever one that comes first. If you use the normal non synthetic oil (the likes of mobile, total, sinopec, etc) you service every 3000km or 3months which ever one that comes first. Most Nigerians don't use the right oil for their car but it will be less evil if you change more frequently. Always use manufacturers recommended oil type. It might be more expensive but it pays in a long run.

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Mrford(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
deleyi20:

When you make statements like this one. You should also include your reasons so everyone can learn something from you

When you service your car depends on the type of oil you
use and the the mileage you have covered. If you are using
synthetic oil (the likes of mobile 1, duramax, hardex etc)
recommended by the manufacturer. You service your car
every 6000 to 7000km or every six months which ever one
that comes first. If you use the normal non synthetic oil (the
likes of mobile, total, sinopec, etc) you service every
3000km or 3months which ever one that comes first. Most
Nigerians don't use the right oil for their car but it will be
less evil if you change more frequently. Always use
manufacturers recommended oil type. It might be more
expensive but it pays in a long run.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Bizzyliss(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
femi4:
Is it about getting mobil 1 or using the oil grade specified for your car
check the cap Where u pour oil into the engine, u will see the oil weight like 5w 30.
, 5w 20 or check ur manual
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Bizzyliss(m): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
Exponental:

oga depends on d engine oil he is using, if its mobil 1 full synthetic American standard u can drive for 10k miles but if na oil 3k na the engine don carry sludge be that
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
Bizzyliss:
oga depends on d engine oil he is using, if its mobil 1 full synthetic American standard u can drive for 10k miles but if na oil 3k na the engine don carry sludge be that
grin grin grin grin grin, Nah that type we dey call Unbranded

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mrford:

When you service your car depends on the type of oil you use and the the mileage you have covered. If you are using synthetic oil (the likes of mobile 1, duramax, hardex etc) recommended by the manufacturer. You service your car every 6000 to 7000km or every six months which ever one that comes first. If you use the normal non synthetic oil (the likes of mobile, total, sinopec, etc) you service every 3000km or 3months which ever one that comes first. Most Nigerians don't use the right oil for their car but it will be less evil if you change more frequently. Always use manufacturers recommended oil type. It might be more expensive but it pays in a long run.
No full synthetic oil is designated to be changed every 6 months, unless that is fake cos the 5 ltr of that oil will weigh your pocket down

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Here goes one ignorant Nigerians!I now see ur fixation on this quote!
How can we have ONE ignorant NIGERIANS?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
How can we have ONE ignorant NIGERIANS?
focus on the message rather than the spelling, when your knowledge is limited to the fact we have a car brand called JEEP!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

focus on the message rather than the spelling, when your knowledge is limited to the fact we have a car brand called JEEP!
Point taken. So what is JEEP? I am here to learn, forgive my ignorance.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
Point taken. So what is JEEP? I am here to learn, forgive my ignorance.
A brand of car, just like Toyota, Nisan and Landrover,Few people refer to every SUV as a Jeep,
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

A brand of car, just like Toyota, Nisan and Landrover,Few people refer to every SUV as a Jeep,
We're on the same page. If you read my earlier post on the subject matter, you would have seen that I made mention of the JEEP cars.
CHEROKEE
WRANGLER
COMPASS
GLADIATOR
RENEGADE.
Please check to confirm.
I know the difference between the SUV and the JEEP.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
We're on the same page. If you read my earlier post on the subject matter, you would have seen that I made mention of the JEEP cars.
CHEROKEE
WRANGLER
COMPASS
GLADIATOR
RENEGADE.
Please check to confirm.
I know the difference between the SUV and the JEEP.
Noted

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Mrford(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

No full synthetic oil is designated to be changed every 6 months, unless that is fake cos the 5 ltr of that oil will weigh your pocket down

So you are among those that use their oil for one year? So because its synthetic you will use it forever. Nigerians and abuse are 5&6
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mrford:

So you are among those that use their oil for one year? So because its synthetic you will use it forever. Nigerians and abuse are 5&6
You are one of the ignorant Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Bizzyliss(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

You are one of the ignorant Nigerians!
very ignorant and nor willing to learn
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
Bizzyliss:
very ignorant and nor willing to learn
I'm sure he is one of them 504 abusers grin grin grin
if not tell me how you are going to change OIL of 30K 6 monthly

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For Mitsubishi Owner! / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / What Is Your Car's MPG Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.