Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

My Meeting With Don Jazzy Was A Prank - Ozedikus Nwanne - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Meeting With Don Jazzy Was A Prank - Ozedikus Nwanne (1343 Views)

Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi / Jennifer Eliogu - Onulu Ube Nwanne LYRICS / MP3 DOWNLOAD / Download MP3: Queen Vivy - OBI NWANNE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Meeting With Don Jazzy Was A Prank - Ozedikus Nwanne by magazineguy(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
2019 has seen a number of new and exciting names rise from private corners to become popular industry references. Rema, for instance, became a music sensation following the viral spread of his freestyle video that coincided with him signing to Jonzing World – a subsidiary of Mavin Records. Like many prospects before him, the wonder kid almost instantaneously scored his first hit. The hit came in the form of ‘Dumebi’ – one of the four constituent songs of his eponymous extended playlist produced by Ozedikus Nwanne.

Now, with a number of hits to his name and credit for producing one of the continent’s leading songs, Ozedikus has attracted the attention of the leading figures in African music including role models like Masterkraft and Don Jazzy, whose record label OZ is affiliated with today. ‘Do you have a relationship with Masterkraft?’, I asked. Ozedikus took me through the origin of their few months old relationship. He said, ‘I was surprised when I got a DM from Masterkraft.’

The meeting with the Don started like an obvious prank. The doubting Thomas in OZ kept him from believing that a song he produced for his ‘day-one’, Crayon – one of the new Mavin signees – had earned them an invite from Altims to the Mavin Headquarters. ‘I didn’t believe it’, he said and added, ‘I kept telling Cray to check the address to be sure it wasn’t a prank.’ The meeting with the mastermind happened at the second visit of the duo to the nerve center. ‘He had always been a beacon to me but my mentee experience increased after that meeting.’

Read more: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/ozedikus-nwanne-talks-dumebi-mavin-records-international-aspiration/

cc

lalasticlala, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

AZAMAN RECORDS - All You Need To Know (must Read) / So You Think U Can Dance? / Tha Suspect – I No Send You Remix Feat. Wyclef & Naija All Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.