Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? (34557 Views)

Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? / Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / Glo Data Network Not Switching On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
For airtel, say A
for mtn say B
for Etisalat say C
For Glo say D.

As for me A
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by dangermouse(m): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
omaigala12:
did u say GLO?

You will be amazed bro.

Go get a glo 4glte and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Sheuns(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Meedu:

Sure you are the only one in that LG accessing the network resources, hence the speed. I have experienced this in recent days, the less populated a town is the better the connection. 3G in such places can be more efficient than 4G in densely populated cities.

Yeah. Most likely. It’s a rural area and most people there do not access the internet.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by JasperVII(m): 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Sadly to admit, MTN beats even our indigenous GLO hands down. GLO only signs artists up and down, I consider them an entertainment company!

The down sides of MTN is that it is considerably expensive, but why not? Since you get value for money!
'Glo only signs artists up and down' the exact same words my brother said when we were discussing this same topic.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by ayoyonet(m): 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
Glo network is the best
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by kolaaderin: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
adekunletosin:
MTN is everwhere you go..the 4G is bad....

I bot infinix s4 ..Glo told me.my phone is not compatible with Glo 4g LTE bandwagon 28(700) ...i was like the Sim.i upgraded 3 days ago to 4g. 4G has not displayed on the phone since i upgraded.
Initially Glo was on band 28(700) only, they are now expanding into new band with your phone is now enabled to access.

For those hating on Glo, I m not surprise about Nigerians character, this will always trumps outsiders above their blood brother.

No network in Nigeria is fearing better in coverage due to seriously harsh terrain of operations, all mast runs with gen, every mast has its on security personnel, all mast has its own rent seekers and many more issues to mention few. so this really depends on your location.

As for me, No network does it better than GLO. astronomically fast internet access.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Izime4(m): 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
MTN are miles ahead of all other networks in everything. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by koliks(m): 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
Network availability and speed depends on one's location as people have rightly mentioned. Presently I'll give it to mtn as its the only network available at my PPA.

That aside i sell data at affordable rates. Check my flyer below

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by shaggy007(m): 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
abbeynism:

Is this for dns?

Yup it is for DNS

4 Likes

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by shaggy007(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
tck2000:
Please,what is Cloud use for?

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 is used to change your DNS to make your internet connection super fast

4 Likes

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by shaggy007(m): 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
idomalord:

How do you do it?

It's self explanatory once you download it.

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

4 Likes

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by idomalord: 12:13am On Aug 24, 2019
shaggy007:

It's self explanatory once you download it.
Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

Is it for phone or laptop or both
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by shaggy007(m): 12:17am On Aug 24, 2019
idomalord:

Is it for phone or laptop or both

For ios and android

On your laptop, you can just set your DNS to both 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

4 Likes

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Mypeople2(m): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2019
selfdefence:
I think this has a lot to do with location o, generally mtn has the highest coverage, but in certain locations there network is poor or not available at all, and in these places other network providers like airtel, glo and etisalat are dominant so it depends on place, where I stay airtel is very strong even to 4g thats where I enjoy my binge plan unlike when I'm in school and the best network to use is glo.
Yes it is true and I agree with you.But for calls ,Glo is the worst .It is more than 70k per second on glo yakata .That is just too high

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by lanrex101: 1:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Airtel 4G works like speed of light in Minna, Niger state.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:46am On Aug 24, 2019
Am cruising my Airtel 4g. But how many times I have to see this kind of thread
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by SofttBae: 3:52am On Aug 24, 2019
majamajic:

etisalat is far better than MTN , but it's data run faster than MTN

I have both so I can tell u
I've not used etisalat before Sha so I can't say
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Yyvonne: 3:53am On Aug 24, 2019
Airtel is bae
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by allandutch: 6:30am On Aug 24, 2019
For my area, both MTN and GLO are rubbish. Airtel is okay. I at least get about 380ms ping when playing PUBG mobile but highly unstable. Sometimes it goes all the way to 968ms and the match will get ruined.

But 9mobile? That's a totally different ball game entirely. When playing PUBG on the Network, my ping is always between 150ms to 250ms (which is quite okay). It stays around 180ms most of the time and I have never experience a server disconnect once, something that happens frequently on airtel.

For me, 9mobile is the fastest and the most reliable. Browsing is very fast, downloading is even faster. The only problem is that the data consumption rate is terrible.

For playing online games the consumption is okay, especially with background data restricted. But browsing and downloading? That's where the problem is. 1gb data no go even reach you do anything at all.

PS: My phone no get 4G. Na 3G (H+) I still dey rock.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by faithfull18(f): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2019
martineverest:
I'm not happy saying this....MTN is far above others

glo is useless
Lol.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2019
I will give it to dameb
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by WetSmoke: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2019
It all depends on your location. They all can be useless at times.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by MizyB(f): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2019
sunday478:
I just checked, it's the same. If the are given bonus they would say it, but nothing to that effect. thanks anyway.
Oh. Your sim is probably not eligible or something.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Rubiesangel: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
MTN is reliable. 9mobile too. but glo and airtel is a no no for me.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Opeade939(f): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Realboygenius:
Here in Ikorodu
It's Airtel Network
They have the best 4G LTE network coverage around here.
Gbam......Airtel 4G is the best!
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by longestwai: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
my sis tecno pop1 drop inside water, where can i fix it and do i need to get complete engine
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by scarycuteface(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
longestwai:
my sis tecno pop1 drop inside water, where can i fix it and do i need to get complete engine
Just go to carl care. It's better for you to repair it there.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by answerspls: 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
WetSmoke:
It all depends on your location. They all can be useless at times.
Q.E.D
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by devbojj: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Depends on the location and phone...

But so far MTN is good for my phone in so many location.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by omaigala12(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
dangermouse:

You will be amazed bro.

Go get a glo 4glte and see for yourself.
I have two 4glte bro .. Na rubbish no doubt there are places where u will enjoy GLO o but generally based on coverage GLO is d worst
As 100 Nigerians 80 will agree with me
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by dangermouse(m): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
omaigala12:

I have two 4glte bro .. Na rubbish no doubt there are places where u will enjoy GLO o but generally based on coverage GLO is d worst
As 100 Nigerians 80 will agree with me

I agree with you.
Depends on one's location like i stated. All networks are culpable of that.
Over here Glo is better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Song Do You Use As Ringtone And Why? / Unveiling Of The TECNO Spark 7 Series: Specifications And Price / Mark Zuckerberg, And Wife, Priscilla, Expecting Their Third Child (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.