Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? (623 Views)

Being Born Again A Prerequisite To Heaven / OPINION: Is Holiness A Prerequisite For The Blessings And Grace Of God? / Prerequisite To Studying And Understanding The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by omonua85: 1:29am On Oct 24, 2010
In recent times, I hav noticed a growing rate of preganant brides and in some cases preganant "Hoping to be brides". I asked myself, Is getting pregnant a ticket to the alter? or is it a gurantee/evidence of love? I don't get it. Morals are crashing so bad, that it is becoming a norm to be preganant before u are marreid. When i threw up this argument amongst a few peeps some said.

It's a confirmation of the woman's fertility.

Some parents make it a prerequisite to marrying thier son.

It;s becoming hard to get preganant while married , becos one step mother of woman from the villlage will make sure u don't get pregnant.
And a whole lot more of excuses.

Isn't love meant to be the only bedrock of marrieges? Should'nt kids be a product of a marriage? Don't girls see themselves loosing thier value by yielding? Is a child the reason we are getting married? Do some women really enjoy been taking advantage of? Judjing by one's past, i hear some women need to get pregannat. but isn't that a confirmation that he isn't comfortable with your past and so shld not marry him? some girls also out of desperation to be married wld do anything, just anything.

I hope to be a father one day, and if I am blessed with a daughter. I wld not be comfortable with her getting preganat and consequences of her action wld follow.

Or What do u think could be resposible? and how can it be curbed, if u of course don't bliv in getting preganant b4 marriage.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by bashydemy(m): 4:21am On Oct 24, 2010
Nobody won marry and start waiting for years for fruit of the womb especially men.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by OmoTier1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
Simply because many have not been the taught what marriage is all about! They think marriage is about making babies, if only they have been taught the spiritual realities of what marriage is, then they would focus less on getting a girl pregnant before marrying her!

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding / Disobedience / What Is Karma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.