Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,452 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? (16460 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Pasima(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2019
Yes
czarina:
Is this true? shocked shocked
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by malvisguy212: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
peer pressure is strong in church.

A lot of people that collect these envelopes do so, because everyone around them is collecting and they can't afford to be left out.
yes, you are Right. may God provide our need in Jesus name.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
I will never put a dime in that envelope..... Even when my mum gives me money to put I still remove it and drop empty envelop

Na me go dey pour water inside ocean abi?

You are 'doing yourself'
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2019
stormborn28:
your nonsense mother needed to see your stupidity

Your generation are nonsense jr
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by fasho01(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
Lol, y'all must think everything is a sin these days.

Modern day churches programme their members to think so, hence having them under their grasp mentally and psychologically

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by samwash(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2019
If you don't truly have, its not a sin, it better not to collect the offering envelop when you have nothing to put in it than to collect the envelop & submit it empty.
God deserve ur Thanksgiving from your heart than ur financial Thanksgiving.
In a church were everyone go to the alter to give offering, its somehow when you are the only one seated, but in a Church were the offering basket is served there's no big deal.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:

Your generation are nonsense jr
your lineage are nonsense
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by fasho01(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
peer pressure is strong in church.

A lot of people that collect these envelopes do so, because everyone around them is collecting and they can't afford to be left out.

Thank you for being realistic and practical and not spiritual about it..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Alajiki(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2019
No, it's not a sin. You're only being wise.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2019
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
stormborn28:
your lineage are nonsense

The thing pain you
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?

So is it a sin to return it empty?

Opinions of intelligent nairalanders are needed here.. Let's learn.

#McXponent
Thank you.

in the first place it was wrong to collect it since you had no intention or means to fulfill the obligation.(intent to defraud grin)

I no longer collect envelopes in church, since the left hand should not know what the right is giving i find it very inconvenient to place money in secret while sitting in church. I make a transfer to the churches acc after service (depending on how well the spiritual food i received was) if you preach off point i will drop off point.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by emmyvet(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?

#McXponent
Thank you.

If the usher have the mind to move around giving everyone envelopes without you requesting for it.

You should also have the mind to return it empty if you don’t have.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

The thing pain you
and it pains you too... If not you wouldn't have replied
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2019
stormborn28:
and it pains you too... If not you wouldn't have replied
Reply who ? Nonsense2
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by snipesdam(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

in the first place it was wrong to collect it since you had no intention or means to fulfill the obligation.(intent to defraud grin)

I no longer collect envelopes in church, since the left hand should not know what the right is giving i find it very inconvenient to place money in secret while sitting in church. I make a transfer to the churches acc after service (depending on how well the spiritual food i received was) if you preach off point i will drop off point.

Which church you the go?
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by SirLakes: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2019
mchc1001:
But why should someone give people envelop for offering?, does it mean that they person who is giving the offering don't know where they sell envelope?, this is all part of church scam, if you give me envelope and I don't have anything to give to God I will just return your envelope to you, is never a sin, I can't give what I don't have
so, it's wiser for church members to be buying their own envelope for all kinds of offering every Sunday ehn

Haba, SMH undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:

Reply who ? Nonsense2
nonsense
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2019
BafanaBafarna:
You are dropping an empty envelop but want people around to think you are giving an offering. Yes it is deception. Nobody forced you to pick the envelop in the first place. If you don't have money, or you don't want to give just fold your arms and leave the envelop where it is.
If you are ashamed of not giving offering, then do not go to church without offering.
Simple!

They never intimidate you for church before abii
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2019
stormborn28:
nonsense

Ok thank God you know your name sorry to add 2
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Vulcanheph(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2019
It's not a sin .....i've done it many times
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:

#McXponent
Thank you.
is it a sin to be poor or under privileged If you can answer that... Then u have the answer to ur question...
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2019
I would rather not collect the envelope. But then if everyone is going to the altar and dropping the offering and am the only one left, I would feel so ashamed. So to avoid that feeling, I would rather stay at home.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:

Ok thank God you know your name sorry to add 2
I believe you know your name
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by obentenyson(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2019
if you are not going to give anything, you shouldn't even take the envelope in the first place... returning an empty envelope to offering bag is an insult to God... no be by force to collect envelope for Church.. and if them wan force you, carry your bag and baggages and get out of the church building.. no body go insult me because of paper... neither should you insult God with empty envelope don't even collect it at all if u have no money to give....
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Softenergy(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2019
It is NOT a sin or anything that will alluding to you having a troubled conscience.
Why will you be compelled to offer a gift by issuing you an envelope. Jesus Christ did not do so.
By the way who are you giving the gift, by an imposter assuming himself to be God's spokesman reaching out to build estates, Or to God who requires the best gift from us namely Hebrews 13 vs 15 and Romans 12:1 opens your bible and read these verses.
You can as well visit
https://jw.org
and learn how to please God
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by ubanigrant15: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2019
It's not a sin if you do not have, God knows the heart of man
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by cnonyechi(f): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Collect the envelope only when u need it and don't return it empty. It's not compulsory to give but it's very important to note that, we shouldn't come to the house of God empty handed
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by IYANGBALI: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2019
You no get, you no get simple
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by uchwar1: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2019
why giving the envelop at first? However, since it is the church's property, I don't think it is wrong to drop empty envelop since u can't take it home. Giving should be free will and not by force. Some churches Collect more than 3 offerings, if I give 1 out of the 3 offerings, does it mean, I have offended God?
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Minjim: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2019
Not at all, if you don't have any monetary offering
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Minjim: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2019
obentenyson:
if you are not going to give anything, you shouldn't even take the envelope in the first place... returning an empty envelope to offering bag is an insult to God... no be by force to collect envelope for Church.. and if them wan force you, carry your bag and baggages and get out of the church building.. no body go insult me because of paper... neither should you insult God with empty envelope don't even collect it at all if u have no money to give....

Insult to God?!

Did God tell you that?
Giving is between you and God.
If you don't have, you return the envelope simple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allow EFCC Prosecute APC Members Accused Of Corruption – Okogie Tells Buhari / I Am No Longer A Theist / Apostle Suleman Forgives Offenders To Mark 50th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.