Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? (16456 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Mavrick2012: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
Lol, y'all must think everything is a sin these days.
Sincerely fa, say i sleep with my girlfriend dem say na sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by BluntBoy(m): 10:57am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?

So is it a sin to return it empty?

Opinions of intelligent nairalanders are needed here.. Let's learn.

#McXponent
Thank you.

It is not a sin to return an empty envelope.

God is not petty. He is more concerned about you than your money. If you must go to church, go and worship God sincerely.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by kareemkamil(m): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2019
It's right you return it back to them empty
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2019
blazepascal:
Its not a sin our almighty God already understand
It is not a sin however God does not understand. Would such person not see money to organize party if the need arise?
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by BluntBoy(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2019
obentenyson:
if you are not going to give anything, you shouldn't even take the envelope in the first place... returning an empty envelope to offering bag is an insult to God ... no be by force to collect envelope for Church.. and if them wan force you, carry your bag and baggages and get out of the church building.. no body go insult me because of paper... neither should you insult God with empty envelope don't even collect it at all if u have no money to give....

You must be God or Jesus Christ to know this much about God.

All I know is that God is not man. And as long as offering envelopes were not included in the Bible, whether it is an insult to return an envelope is anyone's guess. You and your pastor(s) may think it is an insult doesn't mean it is. You are only being human beings thinking like human beings. God is not a man. His ways are not our ways.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by uchwar1: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Goalnaldo:
I would rather not collect the envelope. But then if everyone is going to the altar and dropping the offering and am the only one left, I would feel so ashamed. So to avoid that feeling, I would rather stay at home.

Did u actually write this? Las Las church is becoming scam. People don't even know why they go to church these days
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by uchwar1: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Goalnaldo:
I would rather not collect the envelope. But then if everyone is going to the altar and dropping the offering and am the only one left, I would feel so ashamed. So to avoid that feeling, I would rather stay at home.

Did u actually write this? Las Las church is becoming scam. People don't even know why they go to church these days. God forbid I refused going to Church because of offering. Timidity no good sha
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by BluntBoy(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2019
uchwar1:
Did u actually write this? Las Las church is becoming scam. People don't even know why they go to church these days. God forbid I refused going to Church because of offering. Timidity no good sha

Why do you think going to church is important?
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Pricelessangel0(f): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2019
Am guilty of this... but you see i stopped because when they are praying for the offering and the prayer goes..... may God gives you multiple folds of what you give. i will start rejecting it, so its better not to collect the envelop in such case and use style to go out when its time for offering. But may God always provide for us. Amen
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Ladotrader(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?

#McXponent
Thank you.

never give what you don't have !!
At first ,as a mature ,you have the right to turn down the receiving of the envelope at first
Stop deceiving the GOD you serve ..
It crazy but not a SIN ....but since you knee you had nothing on you...

Na by force to go church if you don't have the gut ,
When you're broke and u know that u have nothing on u ,is better you stay home and pray to your GOD in the best way you know he'll surely answer u

instead of deceiving yourself and not the GOD

Check my signature jare
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by InansBobo(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is not a sin however God does not understand. Would such person not see money to organize party if the need arise?
what if the person didn't come with offering but was unsolicitedly given the envelope?
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by buoye1(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2019
I don't think it is a sin, it is an offering and if you don't have God knows but I've said to myself I'll never put an empty envelope back in to the basket.. I'll rather not drop the envelope
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Mattsolo(m): 11:57am On Aug 25, 2019
There's a passage in the Bible that says don't go into his presence empty handed. before we talk about putting empty envelope in the offering box, going to church without offering is not right.
And there's just no way one would say he/she didn't get anything over the week to give to God on Sunday. Except of cos you don't have God in mind.

that's my opinion
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
anochuko01:
It's simply inappropriate...
If it's seen as such, then they should stop sharing envelopes to people and let them give willingly. The fact that they give people envelopes places an indirect obligation to give. Some even give two envelopes.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by sunkoye: 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
The question should be if it's a sin to come to church without money. Then we will take it up from there.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Blissbath(f): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Let ur hrt judge u
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by sunkoye: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mattsolo:
There's a passage in the Bible that says don't go into his presence empty handed. before we talk about putting empty envelope in the offering box, going to church without offering is not right.
And there's just no way one would say he/she didn't get anything over the week to give to God on Sunday. Except of cos you don't have God in mind.

that's my opinion
where is the presence of God and where is not?

Now... empty hand does not mean"no money"
You can put million in offering basket and still come with empty hand.

Let's be careful with God please.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
I will rather not collect the envelope from the usher than collecting only to drop it with the pretence that money is inside. Better still, if l will drop the envelope on my seat for the ushers to pick.
McXponent:

#McXponent
Thank you.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Damoche10: 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
blackpanthar:
it is meant to be FREEWILL OFFERING.... so no one is forcing you... BUT in the Nigerian church they may FORCE you to collect, hence the methods you listed are normal ways of subtly declining.... NONE IS A SIN.

As long as your motive for being in the church is just to WORSHIP GOD for who he is and not to seek miracles then you do not need to feel guilty, you will definitely give to God when you have.... even though you may already have BUT not know it.

Spot on bro. You've said it all
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Johnkay225: 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
Not necessarily a sin but it's not right. Nobody is putting you under pressure. Jesus is the Prince of Prince and not the Prince of pressure. We don't have to put ourselves under pressure to serve Him even though what we do sometime is just a show off. The truth is that if you think offering is important, you can plan towards it from the first day of the week . Even if you save #20 or #50 ,at the end of the week ,you would have an offering.. But it can also happen that you truthfully don't have ,leave the offering envelope on your seat,you are giving to God not the pastor or the offering box..
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Judybash93(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
These money making organizations have put we Africans in total confusion through Jesus Christ our lord.... Fela
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
InansBobo:
what if the person didn't come with offering but was unsolicitedly given the envelope?
That is not an excuse.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by mhayorstically7(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Judge me cos have done this lot of times Only when I don't have offer to pay..
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by InvertedHammer: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:

#McXponent
Thank you.
/
It is a big sin.
God is broke and needs your money.
You should have robbed a bank on Saturday to ensure that you have something for God on Sunday.

/
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Eju2018(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
Do you know that singing and dancing to God is a form of giving? So if you don't have cash to give to God, give Him quality dance with a cheerful heart. You have even given more than people that give fat offerings out of compulsion.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by vatsa101(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
I don't think there is any verse in the Bible that said so!
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by anochuko01(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

If it's seen as such, then they should stop sharing envelopes to people and let them give willingly. The fact that they give people envelopes places an indirect obligation to give. Some even give two envelopes.
Though I agree with you but you still don't have to go out with an empty envelope. Nobody would beat you naa... I simply leave it on their chair or i ask the usher to give me just one instead of two.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by obentenyson(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
BluntBoy:

You must be God or Jesus Christ to know this much about God.

All I know is that God is not man. And as long as offering envelopes were not included in the Bible, whether it is an insult to return an envelope is anyone's guess. You and your pastor(s) may think it is an insult doesn't mean it is. You are only being human beings thinking like human beings. God is not a man. His ways are not our ways.

question is why take collect the envelope in the first place if u have nothing to give? is it by force to collect the envelope? God is not man yes.. but if God was your earthly father ,would you treat him in such a disrespectful manner? God knows we dont have when we do not have. so if u didn't collect the envelope because u don't have money to put in it, then don't collect it. But collecting it with the intention of returning it back empty is an insult on your creator.. What you can't do to ur earthly father you experiment it on a God who can read your mind. who is deceiving who. collecting envelope in Church because everyone is collecting it and u don't want to be left out... foolish move... I pray God will give us sense...
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by obentenyson(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Minjim:

Insult to God?!

Did God tell you that?
Giving is between you and God.
If you don't have, you return the envelope simple.
If you read my post very well, u should no you are repeating what I said... if u don't have the intention of giving why collect it in the first place. collecting the envelope just because. everyone is collecting with no mind of putting anything in it is an act of deception in the house of God... its like u are trying to deceive God. after all what u are doing you are doing for God not for any man. but for God and for the progress of His Gospel...
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Minjim: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
obentenyson:
If you read my post very well, u should no you are repeating what I said... if u don't have the intention of giving why collect it in the first place. collecting the envelope just because. everyone is collecting with no mind of putting anything in it is an act of deception in the house of God... its like u are trying to deceive God. after all what u are doing you are doing for God not for any man. but for God and for the progress of His Gospel...
You're looking At this matter from your comfort zone..
I've gone to church without a penny in my wallet and when you get to church the envelopes e ( 3 if it's my church) are already on ur Seat
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Insectkiller: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
Just imagine this:

#1*100= #100

#50*100= #5000

#0*100= #0

Think about it..
It pays to give offering, no matter how small..

God bless u all
grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by obentenyson(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Minjim:

You're looking At this matter from your comfort zone..
I've gone to church without a penny in my wallet and when you get to church the envelopes e ( 3 if it's my church) are already on ur Seat
that is an exception... you don't have a choice in that. am talking about when they are giving it out in your presence not when Its placed on ur seats in your absence.. moreover which kine yeye church dey put money for seat before members come in to seat.... ? if na me I no go go that church again the next Sunday...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota / Allow EFCC Prosecute APC Members Accused Of Corruption – Okogie Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.