Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure (1849 Views)

Finally Drug For HIV Treatment And Prevention Is Out / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2010
As we officially kick of world cancer week, please take time out to get screened. Cancer kills slowly and painfully, painful for both patient and caregiver.I lost 2 people in 6 months to cancer, believe me a part of me died and a part of me was born. Early detection would have saved thier live but we watched helplessly as cancer ate them everyday. No word in the wold can describe the pain and heartache cancer brings, join us to say no to cancer.
Men screen for postrate, lungs, liver (if u drink and smoke)and even Breast. Yes men also have breast cancer men have breast just thats its not protouding. Steve harvey the popular american comedian is a breast cancer survivor, Herb Warner too: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/malebreastcancer/a/herb_wagner.htm
Early detection saves lives, get screened today. Women scrren for breast and cervical cancer. i do dat twice a year. For breast cancer i do self examination each month after my period. After your period, lie flat on the bed after your bath, use your index and midle finger to feel your breast for lumps, then gently squeeze your nipples, if you have had a baby you will see milk or water coming out, its ok but if you see pulse or feel a lump please see a doctor. For cervical i used to do pap smear but now i do VIA which is visual inspection with asethic acid. The good thing about VIA is dat i, ts a single hospital visit, does not waste time and any HPV active virus can be treated there and then. HPv is the virus dat cause cervical cancer. 8m percent of sexually active women have hpv virus but most times it remains inactive till we die, however, lifestyle and family history leads to hpv becaoming active, precancerous. If this is detected at this satge then its 100 percent treatable and curable but most women only go to the hospital when the whole cervix has become rotten from cancer esp my sisters in the north who have higher risk because of the number of children they have.
Risk factors that increase the possiblity of inactive HPV include, Drinking, prolong use of pills (Birth control) smoking, Frequent and unspaced preganacies etc.
Hpv stands for human papilloma virus. Hpv 16 and 18 causes 80 percent of cervical cancer cases. Prevention is better, cheaper and less painful than cure. Please get screened today.
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Odunnu: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2010
I've been procastinating a visit to the Doc to check for cervical cancer. But ths thread just reminded me. Thanx!
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Odunnu: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
I've been procastinating a visit to the Doc to check for cervical cancer. But ths thread just reminded me. Thanx!
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2010
Odunnu:

God Bless u
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by tollu: 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
Thanks Aisha2

Odunnu:

Seconded, must be up to a year now since I was last screened.
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 25, 2010
Tell the men to stop sucking those bobbies andthe women would be cancer-free !
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by DeepSoul(f): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
Aisha,

Need to ask you some questions.

Can you pls send me a mail?

deepsoul33@gmail.com
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Odunnu: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Tell the men to stop sucking those bobbies andthe women would be cancer-free !
Why wud men stop sucking breasts?what would they now suck?what would the breasts be used for when you are yet to nurse and after nursing? Please,my man would never stop sucking my breasts even if it sags and touches my toes when I sit.
Please dont suggest this kind of a thing again even if its a joke.
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 26, 2010
World cancer week.That big stomach may not be fibrod or too much food, it could be malignant ovarian cancer. Get scanned. Early detection saves lives.
As i always say: prevention is better, cheaper, less painful than cure or treatment in this case. My sister was big, so naturally she had a stomach, she kept putting on weight, and stomach kept getting big, she told me one morning that she , wants to start losing weight, i jokinly told her to get a liposuction instead, two weeks later she was back with a stomach as big as a nine month pregnant woman, she said she was told she had fibrod, six weeks later, we buried her. Those six weeks were full of tears, pain for her and us, sleepness nights and helplessness. We may have avoided that if we knew on time that when your stomach starts growing you should get a scan. Please women and men, save your selves, svae ypour families, save your children, walk into a hospital this week, get screened. Early detection saves lives
Deep Soul:

Aisha,

Need to ask you some questions.

Can you pls send me a mail?

Will do so
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Sissy3(f): 1:07am On Oct 26, 2010
women and girls should try to get the cervical cancer vaccine
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Odunnu: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2010
There's a cervical cancer vaccine?never heard. Havent heard much on cervical cancer anyway.
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
Still on cancer week. Do you have paiin that moves around ur body, today in ur knee, tmr in yr back, does ur body itch regularly? Go get screened
Mama used to have those sharp, abrupt pains in her knee, her back and her elbow. Every time i come home she will make me rub one oint,ent on her knee, joints or shoulder, me and Baba will tease her that she is falliing apart. Then her back itch, we call crow crow, how were to know that those were early signs of cancer of the pancrease. When she lost her daughter, her eyes and palms became yellow, we said itss stress, along with the other symptoms, till she began to shrink, exactly six months after her daughter we Mama died. If only we knew, but now you know, prevention will save you from if only. Please get screened. Early detection saves lives
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
International cancer week to be held between 26th -28th October 2010 in Abuja with the Theme: Cancer Dialogue" Way Forward for Nigeria
Venue: Reiz Continental Hotel Central Business District, Abuja. Time: 9.00am
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by fondant: 12:04am On Oct 27, 2010
Hi, my nanny was recently diagnosed to have breast cancer.
Please do you know any NGO that may be willing to assist her with funding the treatment? Would appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2010
Wher do you live? or where does she live?
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by fondant: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
She lives in Benin. I've looked around Benin & haven't seen any NGO involved in such. I guess most of them would be in larger cities such as Lagos & Abuja!
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Eemah(m): 2:22am On Oct 29, 2010
Aisha
Pls there are some issue i wud want to get clearified about so if you wudn't mind send me a mail at eemanooel@gmail.com. You will be saving a soul. Tanx
Re: Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
send me a mail on lsfoundation08@yshoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Salt And Water Solution Or Andrews Liver Salt,better Than Postinor,true Or False / Ceylon Cinnamon And Honey Kit For Weight Loss In Stock / How I Finally Cured My Premature Ejaculation & Weak Erection Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.