Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. (53488 Views)

Somebody Should Help,i Keep Having Malaria Every 2weeks. / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. / Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by kinnkw(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2012
Since my relocation to Lagos since 2009, my health condition has greatly decreased.

Prior to my relocation i hardly get sick at all. As a child i suffered malaria a lot but that was when i was still in boarding school, after that i have never had malaria or any reason to go to a hospital till 2009 when i came to Lagos.

The symptoms are never severe but it affects my productivity drastically and it scares me. Most times i get scared thinking something else is wrong with me, but when i get to a hospital and run some test the result is always Malaria +. I understand some people get malaria ++ which is more serious.

Some people say i expose myself to mosquitoes a lot, but i have also discovered that i attract mosquitoes more than everybody around me.I always complain about mosquito bites once its 6pm as a result of that i hardly come outside once it get back home from work.

The symptoms i get include, very mild headache, Pain behind my eyes,heavy eyes,dizziness,abdominal pain in the mornings when i wake up, severe tiredness, Feeling weak even after a night sleep,muscular pain, pain in joints,lack of concentration, Irregular bowel movements,a feel of bloated stomach and sometimes a burning sensation in stomach like i'm hungry even after having a good meal.

I go about my daily business like normal but i'm very very bothered because these symptoms all come back a week after treatment.

My productivity is grossly affected, i have seen decrease in time i put in work and domestic related activities.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Odunnu: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2012
What is usually your prescribed medication?

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
Chai, my good friend, Odunnu, don turn doctor Lol grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Odunnu: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
semid4lyfe: Chai, my good friend, Odunnu, don turn doctor Lol grin
Lol. I'm still in training o. Not yet qualified.

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lol, we go create new title for you when you're done with the training cool

Jokes aside, how body and the nosy, busy-body relatives? tongue

@ Op, it may not be malaria. Go to a good diagnostic lab or hospital to see a doctor, describe your symptoms and get some tests done, then take it from there. . .

2 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Odunnu: 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
Na you sabi, Semid! No come spoil show here o
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
The symptoms you have appear to be fatigue caused by dehydration and insomnia. When you sleep better, I am sure your immunity will increase. Check your HIV status too.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by dilbert100: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
i'd move from lagos then !
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Krucifax(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
You need a full blood test that checks not just Malaria but any possible underlying causes. Many ailments give of similar symptoms and besides anything recurrent is a possible sign of something more serious(hopefully not).

No disrespect to Naija doctors but i know some people that have been diagnosed with Malaria,Typhoid etc only for them to travel abroad and discover they've been suffering Renal failure for years or some other organ malfunction! Listen to your body and possibly go and see another doctor who can give you a full blood test and count! Good luck and wish you better soon!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by hollypagan: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Comot for ghetto and make u dey drink agbo every day
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Sijo01(f): 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Run HIV and typhoid test.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by ngmart(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Stop masturbating if you are into it, it will help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Kx: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
holly-pagan:
Comot for ghetto and make u dey drink agbo every day
If only he'd appreciate what u just advised him above.
Take this agbo that you cook yourself with ogi water.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
Academy Trauma:
Please log in to www.trauma-nigeria.org and click on FREE ONLINE CONSULTATION. Fill out the form and submit. You would get a response within 48-72hours. Your confidentially is assured

Really? I love some freebies. cheesy
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by cogbuagu: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
I know u will denie this.
The course of your problem are:
1. U do have too much sex. for some too much of this cause malaria.
2. u do worry too much added to the above.

Untill u stop this
the malaria will continue,

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Austinodark(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sleep under mosquito net always

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Khayordhe: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sorry 2 say dis o
[size=28pt]HAVE U DONE HIV TEST B4?[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Michky: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
femi_seun: Please start smoking IGBO. It is medicinal and the malaria will disappear grin. If u like sleep outside ..Nothing dey happen
Please don't ever consider this kind of alternative. Please. Abeg! I beg you in the name of God! Now, that said, my observation is this: The fact that you're indoors does not mean you won't get bitten by mosquitoes. I'll suggest you use mosquito net over your bed. If you've already been doing this, then try to stay away from hangouts that you get bitten the most. If you can't do this, then wear stockings to those places. You can wear nylon first before the stockings because i have noticed that stockings do not necessarily prevent your legs from being bitten by mosquitoes.
This should do for now.

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by ngmart(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
If u stop masturbating and problem continue, u re advise to consult a spiritualist it must be attack.

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
Billyonaire: The symptoms you have appear to be fatigue caused by dehydration and insomnia. When you sleep better, I am sure your immunity will increase. Check your HIV status too.

Yeah, there's some truth to that too.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by maclatunji: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
OP. Buy and learn to use properly; Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets (LLITN). Cut the bushes around your home, clean your environment by preventing litter/refuse, clear your drains, prevent stagnant water from accumulating near you, eat a balanced diet, use quality insecticides, pray for good health.

If these things don't work, just go to the best hospital you can find and request for a general check-up.

P.S: What's the deal with all off these abbreviations they keep creating in the healthcare sector? tongue

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
You obviously have a weakened immune system. However, I would advice you go for series of test, I.e, HIV, Hepatitis, and kidney Test. But regardless of all these, you have a low immunity. Its best to increase your diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Find someone who distribute forever living supplements. Patronise d person. U will c change soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
The malaria part is being caused by compromised immunity.

Go do other tests asap from HIV to Hepatitis.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Austinodark: Sleep under mosquito net always

Mosquito Net?...

Nah, He need to stop fuqqing them Hoez Man.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
kinnkw: Since my relocation to Lagos since 2009, my health condition has greatly decreased.

Prior to my relocation i hardly get sick at all. As a child i suffered malaria a lot but that was when i was still in boarding school, after that i have never had malaria or any reason to go to a hospital till 2009 when i came to Lagos.

The symptoms are never severe but it affects my productivity drastically and it scares me. Most times i get scared thinking something else is wrong with me, but when i get to a hospital and run some test the result is always Malaria +. I understand some people get malaria ++ which is more serious.

Some people say i expose myself to mosquitoes a lot, but i have also discovered that i attract mosquitoes more than everybody around me.I always complain about mosquito bites once its 6pm as a result of that i hardly come outside once it get back home from work.

The symptoms i get include, very mild headache, Pain behind my eyes,heavy eyes,dizziness,abdominal pain in the mornings when i wake up, severe tiredness, Feeling weak even after a night sleep,muscular pain, pain in joints,lack of concentration, Irregular bowel movements,a feel of bloated stomach and sometimes a burning sensation in stomach like i'm hungry even after having a good meal.

I go about my daily business like normal but i'm very very bothered because these symptoms all come back a week after treatment.

My productivity is grossly affected, i have seen decrease in time i put in work and domestic related activities.
There is a very high likelihood that this is one of the H's. Pls go run Hepatitis test now now.I know an Hepatitis patient and these are the exact symptoms.

It compromises the immunity and that is why you're having malaria at slightest mosquitoes contact. I pray I'm wrong, but there is 90% likelihood that that this is Hepatitis. 1 out of every 7 Nigerians is infected with Hepatitis now.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by LesbianBoy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
***Reads the OP post, then runs down to mama kafaya's shop to buy otapiapia and hands it to Poster and says, sprinkle it 2 times daily in ya room before you sleep. if the malaria persist after 3 days consult ya doctor*** grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. Maduka Performing Spinal Surgery On Patient In Las Vegas (Video) / What Kind Of Illness Or Findings Fails One During Pre-employment Medical Test. / Heavy Rainfall Wreaks Havoc In A Cemetery In Kano. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.