Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos (25764 Views)

Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment / Taraba Police Killings: Army Captain Had 191 Phone Chats With Wanted Kidnapper / Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by TechCapon(m): 8:05am On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

They are all facing the Court Martial and will be punished accordingly, if found guilty. There's something a lot of people including soldiers do not know. It is not all orders a soldier obeys, only legitimate ones. If actually the captain gave such an order, it's an illegitimate one and should be disregarded.
disobedience to order leads to court martial. I've lived in the barracks
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by TechCapon(m): 8:08am On Aug 26, 2019
ACKayleb:
The soldiers are also culpable reason been that they are all big fools, after taking the order of the captain and attacking the policemen, for the fact that one of d police officer shot was still alive and soldiers admitted in the video that they showed ID CARD, common sense should have let them know that they shouldn't have further killed that man, so my brother Captain gave order but after order common sense was required but they failed.
yeah you're right
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by Opexzy: 8:09am On Aug 26, 2019
TechCapon:
Hmmmm, I thought the soldiers were only following orders It's only the captain that should face court martial

They were only following orders.. Remember Adolf Hitler... All the soldiers to were following orders but they end up in the grave...

I pray God will not put us in a difficult position to make the right choice...
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2019
TechCapon:
disobedience to order leads to court martial. I've lived in the barracks

You lived in the barracks, so you think you know the military better than me. If a superior gives you an illegal order and you disobey, he cannot charge you. The best he can do is witch-hunt you or set a trap for you, so that he can take you up on something else. The problem with majority of our soldiers is illiteracy, some of them cannot differentiate between a legitimate and illegitimate order, others think they're to obey all orders, while another category of soldiers know that the order is illegal, but scared of wronging the superior.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by CreekCommando: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2019
They should have moved the Court martial to Oyo State, not our Jos, so that their skulls can be useful. I hate to dislike what I can come and like.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by tooth4tooth: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2019
dirtydiva:
Court marshalling na small punishment nah... Some of them go find another thing to do but if you can gv me their two balls each make I run am rise money then you can bury the lest
Who told you court martial is a small punishment It is a military court to try any erring officer and depend on the weight of the offence which can be dismissal, imprisonment and death.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by APCHaram: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2019
aksule:
One is short of words in this circumstance. There was loss of lives. This loss of lives came about by the strict trainings of a military officer to obey commands from their commander. If a solider has to chose which order to obey and which not, then certainly orders from commanders may not be obeyed triggering chaos.
We have laws and lawyers to straighten this out. On the other hand, lives of patriotic police officers were wasted by orders that were obeyed. Sincere investigations will tell us whether these orders were carried out without an ulterior motives.
May the lives of these patriotic police officers rest in perfect peace.

There are ROEs (rules of engagement) passed on to deployed soldiers.

You can not exonerate the NCOs from this because they killed the lone surviving officer when it dawned on them that they had shot and killed police men.

From the video you can see the surviving police officer showing them his ID. And there was even one of the soldiers saying "get their service pistols", so they did realise they had attacked a police vehicle.

What of Wadume, who was in handcuffs?

The police vehicle was cleared by three checkpoints before arriving Ibi. The Police men had identified themselves.

When coming back with Wadume, they were cleared by two checkpoints only to be shot at by the last one before they even approached the check Point.

Why did they get a welder to cut the handcuffs?

The story I heard was that when the Police nabbed Wadume, he began shouting they are kidnapping me.

Wadume's friends/relatives contacted the Army officer who is a friend and beneficiary of Wadume.

He placed a call to the three checkpoints to stop and intercept the police van.

The Soldiers on the last and final checkpoint were the ones tasked to do this since the van had already passed 2 other checkpoints.

The Soldiers did not bother to flag the van down but opened fire when they sighted the van approaching the checkpoint.

It was a brazen attack that wasn't meant to intercept the vehicle but to shoot everyone inside.

How Wadume got out without a scratch without being hit or injured is God's doing as if he had died we would never have heard of this scandal because we do know he was taken to the army officers residence and set free from his shackles.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by TechCapon(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

You lived in the barracks, so you think you know the military better than me. If a superior gives you an illegal order and you disobey, he cannot charge you. The best he can do is witch-hunt you or set a trap for you, so that he can take you up on something else. The problem with majority of our soldiers is illiteracy, some of them cannot differentiate between a legitimate and illegitimate order. Others thinks they're to obey all orders.
you're right but you should understand that those soldiers are in a difficult position to make any decision. Will you want to be in a situation where your boss hates you and continue to witch hunt you? A soldier cannot even report his superior in the army.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2019
TechCapon:
you're right but you should understand that those soldiers are in a difficult position to make any decision. Will you want to be in a situation where your boss hates you and continue to witch hunt you? A soldier cannot even report his superior in the army.
The problems of the NCOs is fear and ignorance, and that is changing gradually.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by AreaFada2: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2019
toprealman:
Our Army behave like makeshift military unit. Too reactive and lack a defined order.
It is the general gra-gra mentality of 9ja. In both state Parliaments and NASS in 9ja, supposed law makers grab Maces and fight like common street Urchins and criminals.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by toprealman: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2019
AreaFada2:

It is the general gra-gra mentality of 9ja. In both state Parliaments and NASS in 9ja, supposed law makers grab Maces and fight like common street Urchins and criminals.
But that's the sad reality. Ain't they worse than street urchins and criminals?
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by Karemarealty288(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2019
dirtydiva:
Court marshalling na small punishment nah... Some of them go find another thing to do but if you can gv me their two balls each make I run am rise money then you can bury the lest

After court marshalling they will be handed over to police to prepared them for proper prosecution as civilians.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by skukimania(f): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2019
TechCapon:
I don't understand yoruba

If one is sent on errand like a slave, one should deliver it like a free-born. It's a proverb and that's my translation.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by TechCapon(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2019
skukimania:

If one is sent on errand like a slave, one should deliver it like a free-born. It's a proverb and that's my translation.
OK, it makes sense
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by West2019(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2019
Them.should pardon dem
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by West2019(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2019
The soldiers are just follow the captain order ,dem should free the soldiers are face the captain
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 26, 2019
U people have just been mentioning soldiers but we never see their faces
We want to see their faces biko
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by ibnlawal(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2019
Now that is discipline. God bless Nigeria Army.
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Karemarealty288:

After court marshalling they will be handed over to police to prepared them for proper prosecution as civilians.
thanks for enlightenment
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by eben2marketer: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Kojochyke:
I am interested in d website issue.. Can we chat?

Yes please check the link on my comment
Re: Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos by platinumventure: 12:57am On Sep 27, 2019
goodnija:
The first step in military process is court martial- then the civil court will move on trial- outcome of the trial decide their fate. Be rest assured they will not escape.
This should service as a warning to all those abiding and aiding criminals including irresponsible politicians.
author=Riversides2003 post=81612022]If they are culpable dismissing them will not be enough they should be killed the same way they wasted the life of those policemen making their children become fatherless and their wives widows and potential area meat from randy men.

Saw your pm...Hi...u contacted me...send me your WhatsApp number for my inverter generator pics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Recover Harvested Corpse Of A Woman From Delta Bush (photos) / Army Rescues Kidnap Victims, Shares Pictures Of Ballot Box Snatchers, Impostors. / Lady Caught Her Calabar Housemaid Trying To Loot Her Just 2 Months In Her House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.