Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned (2131 Views)

How Exactly Does A Post On Nairaland Become Trending Or Enter Front Page / I Have Been Banned! / Do U Have Bookshop In Nigeria? See Epic Reply By Chimamanda To French Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Divepen1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2019
When you can't reply a post, it means one of the two things.

1. The Thread has been locked. However, a locked thread will have the sign under it like a sticker.

2. You have been banned. This can come from either a moderator or anti-spambot.

If a moderator bans you, OYO is your case. You have definitely done something wrong. But you can always plead your case.

But if banned by Antispambot, you can immediately be unbanned. In most cases, the ban lasts for 24 hours. And we've seen the rare cases of 48 hours. It means your post has the characteristics of some flagged Nairaland posts. You're special but anti-spambot simply want to show who the boss is.....

Not itself... Where are those glasses in the air....?

It wants you to say hi to us. We live a boring life and your message have its way of sending us to work

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU

1. Check your profile. At the end of it, you will see who or what banned you.

2. If it's anti-spambot, send a message to the mod simply telling us your plight. I understand how frustrating it might be but try to avoid all the explanations. Simply tell us you think Antispambot wants you to greet us and we know.

But, if you're dealing with mods outside Literature section, tell them you think Antispambot has mistakenly banned you

3. The mods will evaluate your request as soon as they can.

4. In case you're not getting a speedy response, one like 12 hours later, contact the supermods at the front page. Some of those I know are

Mynd44

Lalasticlacla
Dominque

Peace...
Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Skyfornia(m): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
How can we get to the mods? Do they have official contacts?? Sometime ago, someone abused me and I replied him also with an abuse quoting his abusive statement too. The next day, I noticed the guy edited his statement and removed the abusive word...then the next 5mins I was banned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Divepen1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2019
Skyfornia:
How can we get to the mods? Do they have official contacts?? Sometime ago, someone abused me and I replied him also with an abuse quoting his abusive statement too. The next day, I noticed the guy edited his statement and removed the abusive word...then the next 5mins I was banned.

1. If anyone abuses you, click report. They won't know you have done so. I guess that's what the person did.

2. If you want to reach mods outside that, go to the board like literature section, you will see send message to the moderators
Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
I've been banned and unbanned many times, an old Nairalander like myself, i wish i could leave here then I'd realize how cruel you can be to leave to a big family like nairaland and not feel some remorse. I've left many times, most time because i hate to see 'useless' posts on the its frontpage. I have called it that name many times too undecided

There is this very day I'll never forget. I was reading through a post then I refreshed the page. Mentions(1), first thing i saw on my Dashboard.... The guy wrote many things, I wasn't even concerned about his many grammars. Bottom line mentioned he said some nonsense about my mother. God, i swear i would have put a punch through his face if it was physical. I threw some insults that could have landed the mod that banned me some slaps too... That was the longest ban i had ever got on here.

I'm an addict here, i don't know how i can stop viewing as a guest anytime i've decided to leave this place. Never got the balls for once to delete my account.
Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Babalegba(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
Skyfornia:
Lol.Some nairalanders are very devious.
Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Sleemzy1501(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2021
Please bro how can I buy top add on Niraland
Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Divepen1,

NairaLand Literature section is currently loosing steam.
The viewership has become abysimally low.Veteran writers have all stop posting stories here.

Divepen1 what is happening?
We need you to do something!

cc:Obinnau,
Dominique,
Mynd4,Seun

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by illicit(m): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
Bring back the short story competition....

I challenge anybody

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned by Queen000001(f): 11:03am On May 02, 2023
Thanks👍

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Yoruba Language / The One Night Stand...(a Story) / The Unbreakable Record Of Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.