Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Want To Learn Yoruba Language - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want To Learn Yoruba Language (2135 Views)

Call For Entries - Agogo (collections Of Literary Works In Yoruba Language) / Yoruba Language-history (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by ogzille(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello,

I nèed a Yoruba teacher as I need to learn how to read and write in Yoruba before Dec 2015

I am open to any of these options:

1. Classroom method
2. Home training (either mine or yours)

I stay around Ikeja axis.

This is a well remunerated part time job
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by Nature129(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Don't speak too much grammar. How much will you pay?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by asadike(f): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
What's d pay package?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by morethanadoll(f): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
The language is very beautiful! A Nigerian from Lagos attended the same university as me in America. He taught me enough words and phrases and now, we can have a mini conversation with one another! Good luck to you and I hope that you can find someone who teaches you for very cheap or you are blessed, just as I was, and won't have to pay a cent (or naira).
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by ogzille(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2015
@asadike , @Nature129 , I think the pay should be a factor of your availability and teaching mode. Don't you think so? I am thinking it is something that should be discussed.

@morethanadoll, Thank you very much... How is America today?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by morethanadoll(f): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
@morethanadoll, Thank you very much... How is America today?[/quote]

If you are meaning the weather, where I am, it is cloudy, warm, and humid (70 degrees Fahrenheit). There is no mass chaos happening and I woke up this morning, so I am grateful to God to be able to say that today is a great day here! wink How's your day in your country? Have you found a tutor yet?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by ogzille(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
morethanadoll:
@morethanadoll, Thank you very much... How is America today?
If you are meaning the weather, where I am, it is cloudy, warm, and humid (70 degrees Fahrenheit). There is no mass chaos happening and I woke up this morning, so I am grateful to God to be able to say that today is a great day here! wink How's your day in your country? Have you found a tutor yet?

That's nice! You are obviously grateful and happy smiley

It is cool here, raining right now.

I am yet to get one. It seems I may have to move to another board for it.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by technobayo(m): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hi, I just came across your post. While you can do with a personal tutor, I'd like to recommend the Yoruba101 app for iOS and Android built by my team. Briefly, it's an interactive Yoruba learning app for newbies. It uses lots of games to get you acquainted to the language and culture. Read more here http://www.geniigames.com/games/yoruba101/ .
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by Marvinisimi: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2017
visit this page http://culturetree.co.uk and https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjjzx5WteiyGu6_t3S09jHA for ways to teach our children Yoruba and other African languages.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba Language by Chicanigeriana: 12:15am On Feb 11, 2021
You can also check out https://naijish.com/
They have lots of tips to help with Yoruba grammar

(1) (Reply)

The One Night Stand...(a Story) / The Unbreakable Record Of Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" / My Experience With Busayo (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.