Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! (866 Views)

30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer / The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by gentlepen: 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2010
I have to state categorically that i was born a christian and even grew up in deeper life bible church. all my life i have been seeking the truth about this life and about how to please GOD. These searches as at different times lead me to various facts and fictions. As i was making one of my researches, i came in contact with this question which i need an answer to.

The question is this, If God is the creator of the world and also the one that forgive sins, who was Jesus Christ sacrificed to? If God, do God accept human sacrifice? As you know, Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of the world. why must he be killed to appease GOD?
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by davmor(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2010
Further your research and you will get the answer just as you got the QUESTION. Or pray if you say you are a child of God, He will reveal the answer to you, just be conciouse of the dreams will be having. For ask and thou shall found!.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by lng: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2010
I have to state categorically that i was born a christian and even grew up in deeper life bible church. all my life i have been seeking the truth about this life and about how to please GOD. These searches as at different times lead me to various facts and fictions. As i was making one of my researches, i came in contact with this question which i need an answer to.

The question is this,  If God is the creator of the world and also the one that forgive sins, who was Jesus Christ sacrificed to? If God, do God accept human sacrifice? As you know, Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of the world. why must he be killed to appease GOD?

Because of Adams sin man's blood has been contaminated with sin and he is therefore condemned to Hell. However in order to receive forgiveness mans sin had to be obscured before he could be in the presence of God because God Abhors sin.  Before Christ in the Old testament Man atoned for his sins  via the sacrifice of an unblemished lamb, goat etc. However this only covered the sin but did not remove it completely, as a result these animal sacrifices had to be carried out regularly. However,  the blood of Jesus cleanses us completely of our sin. The Death and resurrection of Christ is all that is required for the remission of our sins.  Jesus Christ who had no Sin became Sin for us so that we may be declared the righteousness of Christ.  All man needs to do is to believe in his heart  and turn from his sinful ways then his sins shall be remitted and he shall receive, salvation through Gods Grace.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by davmor(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2010
@lng, you really vibrated. That is the whole truth and I assume the Poster get it and as well beleive in it to the glory of God.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by davmor(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2010
@lng, you really vibrated. That is the whole truth and I assume the Poster get it and as well beleive in it to the glory of God.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by Joagbaje(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2010
lng:

Because of Adams sin man's blood has been contaminated with sin and he is therefore condemned to Hell. However in order to receive forgiveness mans sin had to be obscured before he could be in the presence of God because God Abhors sin.  Before Christ in the Old testament Man atoned for his sins  via the sacrifice of an unblemished lamb, goat etc. However this only covered the sin but did not remove it completely, as a result these animal sacrifices had to be carried out regularly. However,  the blood of Jesus cleanses us completely of our sin. The Death and resurrection of Christ is all that is required for the remission of our sins.  Jesus Christ who had no Sin became Sin for us so that we may be declared the righteousness of Christ.  All man needs to do is to believe in his heart  and turn from his sinful ways then his sins shall be remitted and he shall receive, salvation through Gods Grace.

That's a powerful one. But you didn't talk about the second part . Does God accept human sacrifice? I personally have not thought it that way before. But the explanation I can give to that is that it was the blood of christ that was the issue here. Man was doomed anyway, the blood of Jesus , because of it's purity was needed to remit sin. But this was not like other sacrifices where the body of the animal has to be burnt, he got his body back. And he is alive.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by Image123(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2010
This is the result of not paying attention in church or staying away from church thinking you're doing your parents. Hope you get an answer sha.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by alexleo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2010
for the total redemption of man, a higher being that is sinless was required to be sacrifced once and for all. Animals are lower than man so there is no how God could use an animal to sacrifice for the redemption of the whole world. Angels are messengers. They are not created in God's image like us so they were not qualified for the job. Its just our lord and saviour Jesus that best suits God's requirement for this job hence he sent him.
Again joagbaje and Ing has given you good answers which will also clarify you.
Finally, go back to deeper life and follow what they are teaching you there i believe they are on the right track irrespective of people's perception that they are too rigid.
Am not a deeper life member but those people are on the right track. The bible is best interpreted by the Holy Spirit. All these wild research you are doing can only land you into much confusion. Be careful because what matters at the end of the day is for you to make heaven. If you miss heaven you ve missed all. May God help you.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by yommyuk: 5:19am On Oct 26, 2010
Be careful because what matters at the end of the day is for you to make heaven. If you miss heaven you ve missed all.

Case closed cool
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by arshy(m): 6:16am On Oct 26, 2010
In addition to all that has been said, whenever a man sins, something must die, be it spiritual or physical death (Romans 6:22-23). Since God won't go against His Words (Matt 24:35), Christ had to lay down His life to fulfill that Word and be justified. However, the supremacy of God is proven in the fact that CHRIST ROSE AFTER THE THIRD DAY (Rom 14:9). So, in actual sense, He did not die but came to fulfill and justify that the wages of sin is death, and blood is the atonement for the sin (as proven in the earlier posts).
God still does not accept human being for sacrifices, but each time we sin devil cries for the sinners' blood, and the blood of Jesus shed on the cross of calvary came to satisfy the cry of the devil (that is for those who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour)
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by Almuhandis: 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Image123:

This is the result of not paying attention in church or staying away from church thinking you're doing your parents. Hope you get an answer sha.
cool It is with you i totally agree with.This guy was a pretender, coupled with the hypocritical Nature of the Deeper life church-He was been required to physically conform, than for him to do the talk and live the life with evidence of bearing fruit.
Hey come to think of it Are you sure this guy is a Xtian and how are we sure he really needs our answers. grin Why has he not say 'I have heard' or 'say thank you' for all the efforts made to help him-if indeed he is asking for one?
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2010
arshy:

In addition to all that has been said, whenever a man sins, something must die, be it spiritual or physical death (Romans 6:22-23). Since God won't go against His Words (Matt 24:35), Christ had to lay down His life to fulfill that Word and be justified. However, the supremacy of God is proven in the fact that CHRIST ROSE AFTER THE THIRD DAY (Rom 14:9). So, in actual sense, He did not die but came to fulfill and justify that the wages of sin is death, and blood is the atonement for the sin (as proven in the earlier posts).
God still does not accept human being for sacrifices, but each time we sin devil cries for the sinners' blood, and the blood of Jesus shed on the cross of calvary came to satisfy the cry of the devil (that is for those who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour)

Oh! my beloved brother, your answer and all other ones are absolutely magnificient.But I fear that they cannot help.Do you know why? Its because the poster is definetly not a christian and only made the topic to get your attentions.Even if he is a christian,then he does't go to church and if he goes to church,then he is definetly not a deeper Life member.Waste not your time cos he needs not your answer.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by alexleo(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2010
weather he needs our answers or not, weather he is a deeper life member or not, weather he is a christian or not, we cannot completely rule out the fact that there might be some level of confusion in his mind concerning what he asked. Its on record that he has heard the truth and it will stand against him at the judgement throne if he doesnt make use of it and repent. I pray God to save him.
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by goldboy(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2010
@ POSTER
I was once in your shoes so time ago,

God does not accept human sacrifices, not at all.!!!! In the OT, he accepted the blood of some specific animals as atonement for sins/ Not that that blood will wash away the sins but just for atonement and so-called appeasement, but He found out that man was always in this habit of going back and back again to his sins, so he wanted a better way out, once and for all, so that instead of us going for animals, which today are very costly and may only be easily affordable by the rich, He made a one and final sacrifice by giving out HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, JESUS CHRIST to die for our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Now the question is why, CHRIST?

I see it from these two angles:

1. Christ came to replace the old way of atonement by Himself being the sacrificial Lamb, to wash away our sins, That is why is John 1---John the Baptist said, Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.

2. Christ came to also show us how to live. He came to lay the example for us that we too can live godly lives that will glorify God and be a blessing to our fellow men. He came to make it easy for us. He could have done it from heaven, but then it would be too mysterious for us to believe. He could have sent an angel, but no, that was not good enough for God.

The question is>>> Is Jesus Christ human
the answer is Yes and No. Before his death and resurrection, he was referred to as the Son of Man! But, After death and resurrection, he was and is still referred to today as the Son of God, that is simply WHO HE IS!! THE SON OF GOD.

So, you can see from these that God does not accept human sacrifices and never will.

What you need to do now, is simple
PRAY TO GOD
BELIEVE THE GOSPEL
ACCEPT HIS SALVATION

AND Remember -HEAVEN IS THE ULTIMATE.
God bless
Re: I Need Genuine Christians To Answer These Questions! I Need Help Desperately! by Azibalua(f): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2010
@poster
I hope you have found your answer .

(1) (Reply)

Is The Rapture Pre-, Mid Or Post-trib? / Antichrist Propaganda and The Pope / Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.