Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Website Review, Anyone? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review, Anyone? (792 Views)

www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Website Review, Anyone? / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2007
Could anyone do a review of the following website, it is still on a temporary location but will need to hand it over today.

www.j-u-s-t-w-e-b-s-e-r-v-i-c-e-s-.-c-o-m/extracon (just remove the - in the domain name if you get time sha as the admin of this forum keeps changing all links to my website to example, don't know why).

Project took about 2 days and I do hope it is simple to use for everyone
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by boraddo(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2007
nice and simple, but i think u shld apply a left padding (margin) to ur text,
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2007
boraddo:

nice and simple, but i think u shld apply a left padding (margin) to your text,

Thanks for that, sorted it out.

I guess its easy and simple to use.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by boraddo(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2007
yea, seen, another thing, i think your headers shld be bold, like the "about us", it has the same font weight wit the rest of the txt, and the "contact us " has the same font weight with the address,

also, u could put a mailto link on the email address on the contact us page.

my2cents, this is your kind of site abi ? no flash abuse
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:58pm On May 16, 2007
Thanks, will do, just needed the client to see the framework and the images, will surely tidy that up when moving the website to its own location.

But as they say better do now what you are planning to do later if time permits, so no more excuses, let me work on them.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2007
I think you should try and change the font. Many times i see some of the site you design, the font you use are always same just like this one on the page.

And where you have EXTRACON LIMITED, i think you should change the brown background it doesn't look good.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2007
smartsoft:

I think you should try and change the font. Many times i see some of the site you design, the font you use are always same just like this one on the page.

And where you have EXTRACON LIMITED, i think you should change the brown background it doesn't look good.

Thanks for the comments but I doubt if I will effect the changes you want.

1. That I use the same font for some of the sites I design is not a bad thing to do. Do you expect me to use over 100 different fonts for over hundred websites? What is important is that the font used is clear enough for people to read.

2. On the background on the header area that is what the client wants so there is nothing anyone can do about that.

Thanks once again for your comments.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 6:43pm On May 17, 2007
I don't expect you to use 100 fonts for differents sites, what i meant is that you should change that font to something more nice. Know hard feelings oooooooooo ! the site looks so scanty.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by my2cents(m): 3:30am On May 18, 2007
borrado,

yes, this embodies all my web dev principles. I actually was honored to perhaps be the first person, besides the client, to see the site before it was broadcast here so I have communicated my feedback to Afam cool

All in all, it's a winner in my books. When I saw that guy lying on the floor (so clean), u for c d way wey I triiiip tongue
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:54am On May 18, 2007
smartsoft:

I don't expect you to use 100 fonts for differents sites, what i meant is that you should change that font to something more nice. Know hard feelings oooooooooo ! the site looks so scanty.

Na wah ooo. Ok, let me have an example of the font you want me to use especially one that you have used on a website you designed.

About the site being scanty I don't manufacture content, every single content on the site is from the client. You may also post the link to a website that you built that is not scanty so I can learn a thing or two.

(1) (Reply)

Online Community Software / Marraige over the internet / In Need Of Wireless Broadband @ Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.