Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. (836 Views)

Doctors In The House,i Need Some Explanation To This Result. / Some Pls Help Me Out With This Result / Please Help Me Interprete My Glucose Blood Sugar Result! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by Fant(m): 12:35am On Oct 25, 2010
My younger sister has been having some serious stomach ache for over 3 months now,
I took her to a chemist shop, and the chemist man gave her some drugs, these drugs ceased the pain for about two months after which the pain came back.
I therefore decided to take her for scanning and when the result came out, i understood everything EXCEPT.
The appendix appears inflamed and echogenic.
Please, i want if that is a good report or not because my sister is afraid that she might be going for an operation but i conforted her and promise that i would find out the meaning of that.
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by xxcarolxx(f): 12:40am On Oct 25, 2010
Keep an eye on your sister, I dont know much but know it can be dangerous if the appendix rupture, So if your sister complains of pains again take her to the hospital,
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by TEXASGIRL(f): 12:50am On Oct 25, 2010
Your sister needs to have her appendix removed immediately. If it ruptures she will very possibly die. This is an emergency surgery. DO NOT WAIT, she needs to have it removed right now.
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by Fant(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for all your comments and care. I have asked her to go and see the doctor for urgent attention.
TEXASGIRL:

Your sister needs to have her appendix removed immediately. If it ruptures she will very possibly die. This is an emergency surgery. DO NOT WAIT, she needs to have it removed right now.
please do you have an idea of those factors that causes the appendix to rupture? Is it caused by excessive intake of stones as we commonly know or there are other factors?
Thank all.
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by TEXASGIRL(f): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/a/appendicitis.htm

This may help, let me know if it won't open for you and I will copy and paste. But please if this has been going on for awhile now it is a miracle that it has not already ruptured, she needs surgery immediately!
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by TEXASGIRL(f): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2010
Appendicitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the appendix. It is classified as a medical emergency and many cases require removal of the inflamed appendix, either by laparotomy or laparoscopy. Untreated, mortality is high, mainly because of peritonitis and shock.[1] Reginald Fitz first described acute and chronic appendicitis in 1886,[2] and it has been recognized as one of the most common causes of severe acute abdominal pain worldwide. A correctly diagnosed non-acute form of appendicitis is known as "rumbling appendicitis". -From wikipedia
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by Fant(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2010
TEXASGIRL:

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/a/appendicitis.htm

This may help, let me know if it won't open for you and I will copy and paste. But please if this has been going on for awhile now it is a miracle that it has not already ruptured, she needs surgery immediately!
I want to express my profound gratitude to you for your time and help. The link above really gave me the answers I needed in a most comprehensive manner.
She have actually seen the doctor who asked her to run a test before the operation. Thanks.
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by TEXASGIRL(f): 4:03am On Oct 26, 2010
No problem at all, I hoped it helped! I am learning that sometimes the medical care there is excellent, but other times people die very needlessly. I will pray for your sister!
Re: Please Help Interprete This Result From Scanning. Urgent. by atmotvic(m): 3:02am On Nov 02, 2010
That's pretty nice Texasgirl, i guess you are a medically oriented fellow,so am i. I read some of your posts and i was pretty sorry about that,just hope you have moved on if you guys haven't settled.The truth is shit happens,today, someone could rightly say almost all men cheats.Pardon me guys, I got to learn to play safe all my life after a lady i loved so much left three times and came back begging, i accepted her back.

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Teaching Hospital Shut Down / Photo: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby With Two Heads / The Many Benefits Associated With Sleeping Naked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.