Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

I Am Tired Of Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of Life (2040 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Marriage / I Am Tired Of My Wife / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
My friend have been through a lot so I brought it here so that they may advice her. am asking on behalf of my family who came to seek advice from me but i told her that i will consult a froum where we have people older than me and she can always read comments.....

here is how she narrated her story to me I got pregnant when in high school, gave birth to a baby girl, since then I been a school drop out i had to look for a job so that i may take care of my girl. Thanks to God i got a job in one of the hotels in town.

After two years i found a guy who loved me and wanted to marry me...after 7months of courtship he fell sick got admitted and i went to see him in the hospital that day and found a doctor beside his bed asking him why he was not taking pills to suppress the virus ...as he knew that i have heard what the doc told him he introduced me as his fiance to him. and the doc asked me if i knew his status which i denied .he told me that he had been living positively and never wanted to tell because he was afraid so I should forgive him, immediately i told the doc to have a test done on me which he did and found that i was also positive and that was the end of our relationship.

Three years later i fell in love again but i was open and told the guy that am living positively, at first he never believed me until when he suggested that we be tested. In short the guy knew that I was not lying to him but insisted that he wanted to marry me! he took me to his parents for introduction and later to my parents for introduction. We started staying together after 3 yrs I got a baby boy. After a year i realized that he had numerous ladies outside our marriage. I got worried if he might get infected from outside and I had to confront him ...his response annoyed me .and we separated. He got married after a year the lady left to date his single.

Now after 4years of separation I managed to find a job as a subordinate staff in one of the NGO company, again a man approached me for a relationship after 3 months I told him of my status and he openly told me that he was of the same status. I told him about my past life hence i was afraid of breakups!!!the guy also told me of his past and separations with the women he had married earlier. Now he made me feel that am not alone in breakups!!!

He suggested that we should obtain a marriage certificate from the court as early as possible so that I may be comfortable to stay with him as a husband and father to my kids, he promised to take care of me and my children. We got it and lived as a couple though I was wondering why he never bought food in the house nor paying school fees for my kids .When i asked him about his roles in the house,he said his role is to do big things but not buying food .he said am capable of buying coz am working. I never asked him again I continued doing it, after a year he asked me to resign from my job because we were working under the same company and start a business. I resigned started business of selling t-shirts as he worked.now one day fire consumed the stores at night and people were left with nothing including me.

Now no business no job just staying at home. I now fully depended on him for our survival. the man started complaining that the burden on him of taking care of me and my kids is too heavy i told him to give me capital to start another business but he refused i dont know why.
in the second year of our marriage we went four days without food only surviving on pap(porridge) when i asked him why he was not providing for us he told me that if i want him to provide, I should take away bastards from his house
I got shocked and asked why he called my kids bastards ..this time round he asked me this question.."the men who slept with you and gave you this children are all dead?" why should I be providing for them?? I cried bitterly as he left for work. She continued he normally chase us out of the house calling us rubbish when you are not there!!!!at that moment i didn't answer her but i reflected back how rough he was to them even through speaking,how he never paid their school fees ,i used to pay hoping i was assisting my husband and how he never responded to them whenever they were telling him something.

I was sorry for my kids and told them everything will be ok, my husband came back from work that day evening i greeted him and didn't answer. he went into the bathroom took a shower went to bed .i followed him there and told him that we are hungry but his response was...get out of this house before i do something bad that the community will wonder!!!i went out of bed room took my kids and slept in a neighbors house but i took nothing from his house we ran for our lives because i feared he might kill us at night. The following morning he left for job then around noon he called me to tell me where he had placed the keys and take my belongings from his house. I called his immediate followers wife and told him the story she told me to go to her house with my kids and belongings. i went there and i was informed by his brother that he has a woman who he wants to marry who is more loaded with money than i. i stayed for two days then left as she paid a room for me within the city. thanks to God i found a job to sustain me and the kids.
its now ten months since i left the mans house. last week he came to my house again asking me to go back and stay as a wife and husband but he denied calling my kids bustards in front of me made me to hate him and also to learn that he only loves me and hate my children as well

What am i supposed to do?Can i go to my former husband who loved both kids though he is not a christian (drunkard) who apologized and never called my girl a bustard?mSecondly if yes shall i tell him that i got married and having a marriage certificate from another man??
members kindly help me advice her its urgent .his former husband and family members want her back.what can she do
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by healthserve(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hii

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by Ganjafama(m): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Na by force to marry? Let her focus on her kids and her job. A man who genuinely love and her kids will come.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by piroux(f): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
Is this story even real? Why so much desperation and neediness?
Why can't you stay by yourself? Why must you be with a man?
If you are financially secure enough, why go back to anyone?

Please and please, stay by yourself, even for a while. Test yourself and see if you won't cope. Let your children see you sustain yourself.
I feel like you don't think too much of yourself hence the reason why you take so much crap from men and keep compromising.
You want to decide between a drunkard and an abuser? Seriously?
What kind of example of strength and womanhood are you setting up for your children?
Is it until one of them starts sexually abusing your children that you will react?

Aunty Friend, please do better.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by okirewaju(f): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Pls bring up those kids on your own for now

Your options are a no no for me
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by faithfull18(f): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
piroux:
Is this story even real? Why so much desperation and neediness?
Why can't you stay by yourself? Why must you be with a man?
If you are financially secure enough, why go back to anyone?

Please and please, stay by yourself, even for a while. Test yourself and see if you won't cope. Let your children see you sustain yourself.
I feel like you don't think too much of yourself hence the reason why you take so much crap from men and keep compromising.
You want to decide between a drunkard and an abuser? Seriously?
What kind of example of strength and womanhood are you setting up for your children?
Is it until one of them starts sexually abusing your children that you will react?

Aunty Friend, please do better.
I tell you, she needs to stay off men.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by blesskewe(f): 12:04am On Aug 28, 2019
It's like she wants to make her children orphans

Aunty just calm
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
To those who are telling her to stay on her own, did you ask of her age? You think it's that easy, besides if she was a type who can stay on her own, she would not have kids for three different men. Let her go back to her last husband, but should be watchful so that he does not abuse his kids sexually. She should make him promise that he will provide and treat her/kids better. If she thinks her husband can love kids fathered by different men like his own children, then she's a joke. If she wants to take the advice of staying on her own, I can only advice her to watch out, so that she does not become baby mama to husband number-four.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by sisisioge: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
grin grin grin

How strangely we love to orchestrate our lives. Please tell her not to go back...let her work to provide for her kids and also get each of the kid's father to provide for them. Issue resolved.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by dake40(m): 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
To those who are telling her to stay on her own, did you ask of her age? You think it's that easy, besides if she was a type who can stay on her own, she would not have kids for three different men. Let her go back to her last husband, but should be watchful so that he does not abuse his kids sexually. She should make him promise that he will provide and treat her/kids better. If she thinks her husband can love kids fathered by different men like his own children, then she's a joke. If she wants to take the advice of staying on her own, I can only advice her to watch out, so that she does not become baby mama to husband number-four.

I never wanted to reply you but I won't forgive myself if I don't.

You are wrong with all you wrote above. Your response shows you have an average African mentality. Must a woman live with man?

You mentioned about her age, please, how does that affect the situation on ground?. If marriage does not work for you then you slide out. What's the purpose of being in a marriage when you don't have rest of mind?

She has children already and a job at hand and she can focus on her children.

@OP, your friend needs a break for now. She can live without any man for some time. Let her keep away from both ex and focus on her job and children. We have cases of similar issues and the women in question doing well without men.

If she wants to live long, tell her to skip any relationship for now and focus on her job and children.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
I wrote my response carefully, bearing in mind that the said lady is HIV positive, tho I didn't want to mention it so that it does not look like discrimination. You don't see the need I talked about age? In Case you don't know, the younger a lady is, the harder it will be for her to remain single, how about her sexual needs? If she is 35yrs, do you think she can live alone without needing the company of a man for the rest of her life? Even if she's 40, she may still not be able to cope. Besides, reading about her early life, you did see her moving from man to man. women are different. Some are strong to live without a man, but others are unable to cope. The narration of her lifestyle shows she's a type who can't live without a man, (take a look at her having kids, marrying, leaving the marriage and getting married immediately to another man, hmm) so it's better she sticks to one. Let her chose from one of the men she married or had children for, and stick to him, that's my point.
dake40:

You are wrong with all you wrote above. Your response shows you have an average African mentality. Must a woman live with man?

You mentioned about her age, please, how does that affect the situation on ground?. If marriage does not work for you then you slide out. What's the purpose of being in a marriage when you don't have rest of mind?

@OP, your friend needs a break for now. She can live without any man for some time. Let her keep away from both ex and focus on her job and children. We have cases of similar issues and the women in question doing well without men.

If she wants to live long, tell her to skip any relationship for now and focus on her job and children.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by Katier00(f): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Any story that starts with my friend has a problem, becomes a huge turn off for me

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by Mstick: 12:22am On Aug 29, 2019
Tell your friend to focus on herself, kids and stop letting men play her like tennis.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
ok
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

How strangely we love to orchestrate our lives. Please tell her not to go back...let her work to provide for her kids and also get each of the kid's father to provide for them. Issue resolved.
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
y?
Katier00:
Any story that starts with my friend has a problem, becomes a huge turn off for me
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by poweredcom(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
Dis kind story na wa o

Hiv people giving birth wait won't the kids be also hiv

Cos dis matter is too bad oo marrying here and there shows she need a serious help oo

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
poweredcom:
Dis kind story na wa o

[b]Hiv people giving birth wait won't the kids be also hiv [/b]gOOGLE WILL HELP YOU

Cos dis matter is too bad oo marrying here and there shows she need a serious help oo
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by dake40(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I wrote my response carefully, bearing in mind that the said lady is HIV positive, tho I didn't want to mention it so that it does not look like discrimination. You don't see the need I talked about age? In Case you don't know, the younger a lady is, the harder it will be for her to remain single, how about her sexual needs? If she is 35yrs, do you think she can live alone without needing the company of a man for the rest of her life? Even if she's 40, she may still not be able to cope. Besides, reading about her early life, you did see her moving from man to man. women are different. Some are strong to live without a man, but others are unable to cope. The narration of her lifestyle shows she's a type who can't live without a man, (take a look at her having kids, marrying, leaving the marriage and getting married immediately to another man, hmm) so it's better she sticks to one. Let her chose from one of the men she married or had children for, and stick to him, that's my point.

Let me school you a little bit.

Women who think they can't do without men (to survive) in this generation don't go far in life.

With her current situation of 2 kids, I'm convinced most men won't want to take care of kids that ain't theirs. I'm a man and I'm telling you the fact. What guarantees her 1st or second husband won't repeat what they did that made her pack out if she returns to any of them ?

Perhaps you are still young and you think every woman needs a man, you are very wrong dear.

On the impressions that she might be old or would need someone to oil her engine, if that's what she craves for at this moment in her life, then she's very stupid (I mean very stupid).

In a situation like this, I expect the woman in question to draw lines between herself and any relationship. She should focus on her children and her job. With time, the right man will fall in

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
''women who think they can't do without a man in this generation (to survive) don't go far in life''...... Are you supposed to preach that to me? Like I don't know that already, smh! Let her go back to see if it can get better thats my point, so that she won't end up with a fourth man. Her type cannot stay without a man, read her post and you will see it. No harm in her trying again, rather than stay single for a while, and in less than a year she's in search of another man. If you ain't okay with my opinion, drop yours and move on.
dake40:

Let me school you a little bit.

Women who think they can't do without men (to survive) in this generation don't go far in life.

With her current situation of 2 kids, I'm convinced most men won't want to take care of kids that ain't theirs. I'm a man and I'm telling you the fact. What guarantees her 1st or second husband won't repeat what they did that made her pack out if she returns to any of them ?

Perhaps you are still young and you think every woman needs a man, you are very wrong dear.

On the impressions that she might be old or would need someone to oil her engine, if that's what she craves for at this moment in her life, then she's very stupid (I mean very stupid).

In a situation like this, I expect the woman in question to draw lines between herself and any relationship. She should focus on her children and her job. With time, the right man will fall in
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by menbewisetoday: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
Can a HIV positive man father children who are negative?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by anonimi: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2019
dake40:

The answer to your question in bold is no. It is not compulsory for a woman to live with a man. She can live alone on her own and make a success of her life.
Many thanks for your contribution to this thread.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207440_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by anonimi: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2019
menbewisetoday:
Can a HIV positive man father children who are negative?

Please talk to a doctor or read about it on the internet.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by dake40(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
''women who think they can't do without a man in this generation (to survive) don't go far in life''...... Are you supposed to preach that to me? Like I don't know that already, smh! Let her go back to see if it can get better thats my point, so that she won't end up with a fourth man. Her type cannot stay without a man, read her post and you will see it. No harm in her trying again, rather than stay single for a while, and in less than a year she's in search of another man. If you ain't okay with my opinion, drop yours and move on.

I'm not here to preach to you. From your replies, you kept mentioning "staying with men". If you truly know a woman can live without man, your response should have shown that..

If She should return to one of her ex like you have suggested, I pray she doesn't find her death from men because she can't stay without them.

And if you find my quotes annoying , I'm sorry, I just have to reply because Nairaland is a popular forum and lots of people (who are in similar situations) are reading this thread.

Cheers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by udumosam23(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2019
Life is strange. She got kids, she is even positive. Yet she got suitors to marry. Some people Sha get favor.

Madam, go back to your husband. Get a Job to take care of your kids. Those telling you to shun men are only bitter because none is forth coming.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by dake40(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2019
udumosam23:
Life is strange. She got kids, she is even positive. Yet she got suitors to marry. Some people Sha get favor.

Madam, go back to your husband. Get a Job to take care of your kids. Those telling you to shun men are only bitter because none is forth coming.

Did you read the post at all?. She already has a job. And which husband is she going to?. The one who called her kid bastard?

Nigerians will never learn.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
My responses were specifically to the lady who is in need of help, not to other people. There are stories you read, and you know such a person can cope without a man.
dake40:

I'm not here to preach to you. From your replies, you kept mentioning "staying with men". If you truly know a woman can live without man, your response should have shown that..

If She should return to one of her ex like you have suggested, I pray she doesn't find her death from men because she can't stay without them.

And if you find my quotes annoying , I'm sorry, I just have to reply because Nairaland is a popular forum and lots of people (who are in similar situations) are reading this thread.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
Na wa
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by piroux(f): 1:41am On Aug 31, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Its essentially because she is the type who can't stay on her own that she needs to do it now. You will never know how strong you are until you cope with something you have never had to do before.

Telling her to go back to a known drunkard is the height of weird. And to be careful? How careful can you be with an alcoholic? She should sit at home with him and the children everyday? That's ridiculous! All he needs to do, all anyone needs to do is to abuse a child once to change the course of that child's life.

If my children mattered to me, I would never ever play that kind of game with them. Keeping them safe and happy would be my goal and a drinking father could not in any way factor into that.

So she has HIV or is a certain age, big deal. I bet you she is stronger than that. She should never be limited by circumstances or compelled to think she could not cope by herself, she can.

So forgive me if I find your post to be enabling clinginess, bad choices and inability to take a stand, but there you it.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by anonimi: 9:38am On Aug 31, 2019
dake40:
Did you read the post at all?. She already has a job. And which husband is she going to?. The one who called her kid bastard?

Nigerians will never learn.

............to read and understand before rushing like Russians as if in a competition to comment.
Thanks.
I wonder how we can change or what can make us change

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
wink
anonimi:

............to read and understand before rushing like Russians as if in a competition to comment.
Thanks.
I wonder how we can change or what can make us change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Life by yazga: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
Thank you all. She has decided to take you advices and currently working on it
Re: I Am Tired Of Life by Houseofglam7(f): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Tell your "friend" we said she has NO self worth undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is For Men Only: Women Should Not Read This / A Nairalander "Apeli Kingsley" Bathing His Son. / Does Every Mother In Law Love Their Daugther-In-Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.