Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time (31779 Views)

AEUSA: Portable Wins First International Music Award / The Top Thirty Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2021 / 5 Biggest Nigerian International Collaborations Of 2017 So Far - Synord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by agbovinc11: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2019

One major factor to consider when trying to convince anyone about the growth of Nigerian music is the fact that there is now an easy music relationship between our music superstars and their international colleagues.

Since the past decade, Nigerian music superstars have been able to feature some of the biggest international superstars in world music. Many of these songs have topped music charts, shaken the country and wowed the continent in general.

However, of some of these songs that have done well, there a few which stood out. These songs have proven to be the biggest of their peers and ones that are on an entirely different level.

These songs are the biggest ever Nigerian International music collaborations to be released in Nigeria and they have been listed below:
Five (5) Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations of All-Time

“Blow My Mind” – Davido Ft Chris Brown

It is assumed that this record being the number one on the list would anger a lot of readers of this publication. However, it is note worthy that since the release of “Blow My Mind,” it has smashed almost every major records on streaming platforms. It has become the fastest Nigerian song to reach one million streams on Spotify, the video has broken all levels of record on YouTube in terms of views and has quickly run to the top of music charts nationwide.

Aside all these, it has also become the most played Nigerian song on music radio within a short space of its release and currently enjoying massive airplay on American radio. “Blow My mind” is a fantastic record with great tune and vibe. It is worth the number position it is on.

“Come Closer” – Wizkid Ft Drake

This song was released in 2017 as Wizkid’s first single. It was a very big song, it was one of the greatest songs of 2017, enjoying constant radio airplay and becoming the fastest Nigerian music video to reach 1 million views (a record which has now been broken).
“Come Closer” is the most streamed Nigerian song on Spotify and till today still bangs really hard when played. Drake and Wizkid blended absolutely well to deliver an awesome record.

“Mr Endowed (remix)” – D’banj Ft Snoop Dog

Easily the record that opened ways for more international collaborations for Nigerian music, “Mr Endowed (remix)” was such a monster hit and had the vocals of American Hip-Hop artiste, Snoop Dog.
On its release, this record spread around the country like wild fire and became the favourite song of many. This remix did the original an absolute harm as it made it feel like it was never released. “Mr Endowed (remix)” till today is still well appreciated and the thoughts of Don Jazzy and D’banj to create such an awesome record is still adored by music fans.

“Beautiful Oyinye” – Psquare Ft Rick Ross

This song was released in 2012 by the Okoye brothers of Paul and Peter. American superstar and Maybach music boss, Rick Ross was called upon by Psquare to add finesse to the song in which he did just very well with his rap bars and word play.
“Beautiful Oyinye” just like other songs on this list is a hit song and one that advocates loudly, “Africa to the world.”

“Fans Mi” – Davido

This jam was dropped in the summer of 2015, it featured American superstar, Meek Mill. “Fans Mi” after “Mr Endowed (remix)” is the second song in Nigeria to have a strong international attachment as Meek Mill was featured on this song while he was still an in-demand artiste in the United States.

“Fans Mi” was a hit no doubt, some scenes in the video created some sort of controversy in Nigeria which further aided its popularity. There is no doubt this song would be one of Davido’s biggest ever songs and would be remembered a lot of people as one too.

Source: https://tooxclusive.com/five-5-biggest-nigerian-international-music-collaborations-of-all-time/

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Nostradamus: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
What about airtel's hands across the world that has 2face,r.kelly and some other international stars..

Tiwa savage ft omarion;get it now

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by muzically(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
You forgot Yemi Alade ft. Rick Ross

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by 2dice01: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
Beautiful Onyinye
Still the dopest Jam
Rick Ross flows was top notch

116 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by agbovinc11: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
muzically:
That Rick Ross own Na scam

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by muzically(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
agbovinc11:

That Rick Ross own Na scam

No be scam o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai4dGXc_Q_Q

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by EsquireDD(f): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Alright..

Check the signature..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by englishmart(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Blow my mind (Davido ft Chris Brown)
Beyonce ft Wizkid- Brown skin girl

Both in no particular order.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by betterpikinn: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Vladtin: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
muzically:
What do you mean?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Jestin: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Let me sing small this evening....................... Girl u just dey blow my..blow my mind..blow my mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
2dice01:
Beautiful Onyinye

Still the dopest Jam

Rick Ross flows was top notch
We talking money and you're talking nonsense.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Onlydaughter(f): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
What about:
Brown skin girl, her skin just like pearls

Tuface and wyclef: proud to be African

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by EXLOVER(m): 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
This life is funny sha, my friend reading my coment to me on nairaland and same time laughing out loud, but he is not aware the comment is mine, cause it's a faceless forum. Inside Lyf.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
that song burnaboy and dave....that song dey bust my brain.....If you send me the location
Then I'll be right there Let me come, come check you, my baby No time, no And my dog is on probation, another five years Me bring girls to his location No time, no

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by rman: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Suuny Ade and Onyeka is still number one!

Wait For Me!

Sunny Ade (Nigerian)

Onyeka (International)

�����

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Mac2016(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
What about Brown Skin Girl - Wizkid and Beyonce?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by seanswitch(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Tuface ft. R. Kelly cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by kalvoken(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Psqaure ft Rick rose should top the list

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by sammyuche(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dopest was dbanj and snoop

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Biritiko: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mtchww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Sylraph1: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin

Let's forget the hype and say the truth

That BLOW MY MIND no make sense joor sad

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by shacks99(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
Very nice collaborations, Nigeria will surely be there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Alamu1111: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Vicki o ft Kenny g

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by PLATO1U(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nostradamus:
Whatu about airtel's hands across the world that has 2face,r.kelly and some other international stars..

So much love this music back then it was on all music clip I buy

Tiwa savage ft omarion;get it now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Chris Brown ft Davido doesn't deserve to be here #imo

Psquare featuring Rick Ross was and is the best ever followed closely by Dbanj and Snoop Dogg.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by ceejay80s(m): 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Una no get work for this nairaland sef, we need news of kidnappers, ritualist, domestic violence, armed robbers, fraud and buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by landmark86: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Davido ft Chris brown- blow my mind
Is just too overhyped abeg

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by Abagworo(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
muzically:

That song is excellent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time by muzically(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Chris Brown ft Davido doesn't deserve to be here #imo

Psquare featuring Rick Ross was and is the best ever followed closely by Dbanj and Snoop Dogg.

What are you saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / My Top Ten Gospel Jams / Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.