Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students (2857 Views)

Agbami 2016 Application And Past Questions / Free Tuition Universities In Germany: Cost Of Living, Visa Application And Admis / Glo GBAM Scholarship Online Application And Questionnaire For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by Blue2(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2007
Last year a friend who had an admission decided use one of the well known student visa advisory bodies LGE at Ikeja. He paid 20000NGN for their services i.e. to offer him visa counseling services. On the first day he met with his case officer a lady, who gave him a set of forms which showed documents he would require from his sponsor(s). Part of the LGE’s requirement was that their client had to pay half of their fees, which my friend did (₤5000). Much to my friend’s chagrin each time he went to LGE he was met with a long queue of people and by the time his turn came, the case officer was obvious tired. To cut a long story short the services my friend got was shoddy and his case officer was not helpful at all as she was absent from seat most of the time. To add insult upon injury she went on leave without inform my friend who was in eth middle of getting ready to apply.
What prompted me to write this is that LGE sent him a text saying that they are organizing a seminar for prospective students going to the UK, they claimed that 80% of people who applied last year were refused, what they didn’t say was what their own success rate was. And from what my friend saw it was any better than that 80%.
What is tragic is the decadence in our educational system, the rush by Nigerian students to acquire a British degree is quite high these days. Because of the desperate situation many of them are exploited, LGE in my own estimation has not been very truthful…,
The truth genuine students wishing to go the UK for studies have a lot of hurdles to climb. If they knew many would think twice befoe dashing the embassy money (aka visa fees) and other sundry organistions
Fellow nairalanders I await your comments
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by ladykay(f): 5:22pm On May 16, 2007
Blue 2, this is an interesting topic but u shldn't have chosen UK Visa Application and Nigerian Students as the topic. U shld have specifically mentioned LGE.
You're right about LGE claiming that 80 % of independent applicants don't get Visa but they told the media that they have a high success rate too, over 80 per cent. they did not tell us they treat their clients in such a shoddy manner after coughing out N20,000.
I would check with LGE they have to explain themselves
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by trippled(m): 9:33pm On May 16, 2007
Was there sometimes ago but left them.I did my application myself and was later directed to GEC by my school to help with the visa counselling stuff.
U can do the stuff urself if u are very careful and sharp
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by manoy(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2007
Your friend should take the case up with them,most of the staff are not efficient and effective.mount pressure on them or report them to a superior officer
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by junegirl(f): 3:36pm On May 18, 2007
Now I'm kinda confused. I also have an admission and I was thinking of contacting BETTA to help with procuring the visa. Are you guys saying that it's better to just go it alone?
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by teddyface(m): 11:49pm On May 19, 2007
are you sharp?? if yes! get your forms, fill them and go get your visa . stop waiting you money.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by davou4eva(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2007
o boy, just get all ur necessary documents i;e credentials,personal documents and those ones sent to u by the school in UK, fill ur from correctly and contact this forum for anyone u can't understand, and with God on ur side. UK u go
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by amrock: 7:33pm On May 21, 2007
There is absolutely no big deal about getting a Uk admission letter for undergraduate or post graduate,which most of these so called consultanat charge exhobitant fee for ala BETTA,LGE etc for.To be honest and sincere these consultants cannot help you to get a visa at the end of the day its all bore down to the fact that anybody can do it himself or herself.What is important is knowing what documents to present and when is the appropriate time to present them at the embassy.Need any help come to this forum and ask questions and you would definitely get tips that would be helpful.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by anasey(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2007
Hi all,

Wow, Thanks for this forum and thanks to you guys too, i was really thinking of going to some kinda agents for my Visa Assistance, but with what i read on this forum,it's not gonna happen, i'll just go ahead and apply my self.

Thanks to Naira Land and You guys,

U all are Great.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by patito(f): 2:16pm On May 24, 2007
You are all wonderful,

Please how and where can i get the application forms
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by manoy(m): 11:49am On May 29, 2007
ki
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by presjany(f): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2007
Thanks colleagues 4 the gd work. Manoy, U can apply 4 Student Visa earliest 3 months to the start of Ur programme. Ur Visa can be postdated for 3 months in view maximum. Gd luck.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by pcmecom(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2007
hello everyone
well for those of you wish to study in the uk, u can try GLOBAL EDUCATIONAL COUNSELLING,my elder brother went to study through this guys so also a friend of mine who went this febuary,i also am going this september for my masters,one advice for u guys try as much as possible to pay your full tuition fees and accomodation charges;it increases your chances of the visa at the first trial,though some people paid half of their tuition and still got their visas,but if u look at the percentage they are quite low,also try and subbmit your application at least 3months before the resumption of the school,they have offices in V.I,IKOYI,IBADAN,ABUJA,PORT HARCOURT,and WARRI.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by lelele: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2007
Please dont ever contact BETTA those guys are on the verge of bankruptcy, they will take 45000 naira after which they will ask u to pay 700pounds as deposit. and you will never get a kobo back.
Re: Uk Visa Application And Nigerian Students by borojasper(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2009
Why no one ever advised you to be proud of 9ja and study there, Omo no be by abroad oHHHHHHHH we have loads of intelectuals in Nigeria more than we have abroad. all this big man pikin dem just dey chop their papa money dem no dey go any school

alll of em na olodo ra bata lol No mind me jo, I advice u is be thankful for what you do gat and stop looking at what you dont have. live your life

(1) (Reply)

Unn Advert/supplementary Form For States On Strike / Koni Dafun Iya Anybody (hilarious Chat Btw Me And My Skul) / 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.