Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement (1764 Views)

5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / 2010 Landrover LR4 Timing Chain Issue, Diagnosis And Repair! / Price of direct tokunboh 3mz Engine For replacement in Lexus Rx 330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by TRYGO(m): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2019
On vehicles with timing chain setups,timing chains tend to make terrible noises as the one in this short video clips.

Its like a diesel engine rattling (noise). Whilst on belts, they either jump some tooth, or totally fail.

Chains, and even timing belts, are items that if replacement schedules are not followed, could cause severe engine damage.

Always make it a matter of right to replaced timing chains, during every rebuild.

Replacing are more tasking than belts.

PS: Video is for the 4Runner 2005 recently rebuilt.

Here's the link to the video I did on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUSC8vklNo

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd

Isolo,
Lagos

1 Like

Re: How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by Gazuzz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
TRYGO:
On vehicles with timing chain setups,timing chains tend to make terrible noises as the one in this short video clips.

Its like a diesel engine rattling (noise). Whilst on belts, they either jump some tooth, or totally fail.

Chains, and even timing belts, are items that if replacement schedules are not followed, could cause severe engine damage.

Always make it a matter of right to replaced timing chains, during every rebuild.

Replacing are more tasking than belts.

PS: Video is for the 4Runner 2005 recently rebuilt.

Here's the link to the video I did on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUSC8vklNo

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd

Isolo,
Lagos

I hope you know the tensioner works with oil pressure and should become taut when the engine is started.
Re: How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by TRYGO(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2019
Perfectly know about that
Re: How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by larrypourl(m): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Your contact detail isn't on your profile. I need it.
Re: How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by Mrford(m): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
larrypourl:
Your contact detail isn't on your profile. I need it.

Joseph (08066643532)
Dw nig Ltd.
Isolo
Lagos
Re: How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement by TRYGO(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
@MrFord. Thanks for the swift response.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oil Change For 90 Thousand Naira / Nissan Altima 2004 / How Did You Feel When You Got Your First Car Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.