Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

What to Consider before Chosing Website Template - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What to Consider before Chosing Website Template (685 Views)

I Need A Classified Ad Website Template / Where Can I Download A Free Mobile Website Template / Where Can I Get Website Template? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by ukraineuni: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
I would like to buy a Website Template for my Website,
Can you design the website for me?

Kindly Preview the two Website Template and tell me the one that is more preferable to use.
I would also like to know the difference between HTML Template and CSS Full Site Flash Template

Template samples
1. http://osc4.template-help.com/wt_30242/index.html  ( CSS Full Site Flash Template)

2.http://www.downloads-templates.com/HTML/300110775/    (HTML TEMPLATE)

Which one do you think that will be Search engine friendly or the one that is more better to purchase.

You contact me on:
ukraineuni@yahoo.com

or drop your message here,
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by utimatedes(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hello, The two templates are unique and beautiful. Good design work.

The problem with the flash template is that, if a visitor disable flash on his/her browser, that mean such visitor will not be able to see those beautiful flash features.

Secondly, If your visitors are browsing your website using old version of the browser that are not flash friendly, such visitors won't be able to see the flash

If a visitor visit the flash site, the flash will have to be downloaded to the visitors' system before playing and this take time to load as compare to the HTML site.

Most time when a visitor is browsing from a browser that are not compatible with flash, your site will ask the visitor to download the latest version of the flash player free of charge from adobe site before they can see the flash.
But how many visitors will want to go to such process before seeing the flash. Some maybe browsing from cyber cafe that the cafe admin has disable download and installation with software like deep freeze and other configuration.

That shouldn't be a problem because from research, 70-90% upward has latest flash enable on their system.

The two site are search engine friendly but depend on the web designer work. The necessary tag must be added to the site so that search engine can visit, crawl all contents, index all contents and revisit at the specify time.

HTML site are more search engine friendly and like I said before, it all depend on the web designer whether to make site search engine friendly.

You are the one that will decide whether you want a flash web site. they are all ok.

I have already send you a message.
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by yawatide(f): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
I would go with http://osc4.template-help.com/wt_30242/index.html cos it has more white space which makes it easier on the eyes. Having said that, I would be wary of the "CSS" part of the description though - I once worked with a client who insisted on buying a template in order to "save money". That thing, for a CSS template, had so many embedded tables in it, I had to go in and remove at least 3 of them and guess what? the quality of the site wasn't harmed one bit.
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by Youngichou(m): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2010
Well both are good. But i wont really advice you going for a flash templates Friend. The second poster has said it all on why this is wrong. But let me chip in some few things Note that while going for a flash site Mobile browsers like Opera mini bolt and Ucweb cant view all this site. Well this shouldnt be a problem if you only want system visitors.
2. I stand to be corrected but i really dont think theme 1 will be search engine friendly because with its design. It looks like a repeated content On and on. And if your site cant provide new and updated content constantly then am sorry friend. It wont be search engine friendly. Belive me.
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by ukraineuni: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2010
I really appreciate you all for your response, and i think i will go for the HTML Template and give it to a Web designer that can do the Job.

Please all other comment are still welcome

Thanks,
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by Johnkitty: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2010
Is this still available? I'd like to do the job for you as long as you pay the money, Using wordpress for designing your website with the themes above is very good for SEO.
Re: What to Consider before Chosing Website Template by utimatedes(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Youngichou- You are right, I forgot to mention problem with phone browser.
From the research I carried out on one of the site I maintained, http://www.naijajobslink.com, I discovered that about 20-40% of the visitors are using mobile phone to access the site.

With mobile phone, most of the features are disable e.g Google ads and other stuff like that.

I am creating the mobile version of the site so that when a visitor visit using mobile phone, it will present the mobile version for the visitor and also display the ads for mobile.

The mobile visitors don't make a dime for the site except increasing the bandwidth.

It is better for a site to be mobile friendly so that you don't loose your visitors.

Technology has change so many things, people want to check their mail, browse the internet and do so many things on the move with their phones.

Thing about that when planning for your site

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will You Create This ? & Help Google Is Not Indexing My Site Anymore / Nigerian Social Networking Sites _a Good Review, / Nasz Skup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.