Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple (3237 Views)

Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams / An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
Thank You and have a nice time in Germany
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by mazaje(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
aletheia:

@mazaje:
Your post is filled with irrelevancies and drivel.

What everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . .

Almost every day.

Show me a post from any atheist here on nairaland in the past two days that talks about atheist having better moral values than theist?. . . . .

Au contraire: atheism has nothing to do with morals---nothing is right or wrong only what is expedient. At least Religion decrees certain actions are right and others wrong. Even if it doesn't often live up to them: there is a Standard by which moral success or moral failure is judged.
It is absurd for Dawkins to sue his friend; afterall Timonen was only exhibiting "survival of the fittest". grin If Dawkins cannot compete with Timonen according to the mores of his evolutionary religion, he shouldn't seek a cop out from God's moral code which declares: "Thou shall not steal!"

Who says atheism as nothing to do with morals? atheism is the lack of belief in Gods and not lack of belief in morals. . . . .Evolution has NOTHING to do with atheism since there are a lot of theistic evolutionist. . . . . .Have you ever read the Egyptian book of the dead? It predates the bible and it talks about stealing as a bad vice. . . . .Morality has to be learned through experience and it keep evolving all the time. . . .Men teach themselves morals NO God has ever thought any man anything about morality, morality has NOTHING to do with religion, if you practice some of the old testament morals in this present age you will be arrested and put in prison, that shows you that even your so called God given morals(which is actually man made morals) evolves over time. . . .

What are you nattering about? How is this related to Timonen and Dawkins? And you misrepresent facts: no where does the news article say the parent is a Christian. Stop confabulating!

OK. . . . . . .

[quote][/quote]
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by vescucci(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
I only went through the thread very quickly. I see the arguments that atheism is supposed to be 'immoral'. Well atheism doesn't have anything to do with that any more than being a Nigerian has to do with it. I also do not think this thread is necessary. What point is being made here? That atheists can fight and bicker too? Who says they can't? Why have they been turned to some sort of cyborgs like they can't feel love, compassion hatred etc like the rest of us 'normal' people? I recommend John Teehan's book, In the Name of God to people who don't grasp the difference between ethics and morality.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2010
This thread is very necessary. For the fact that most atheists here start ridiculous topics,make ridiculous comments&do mock the theists on matters related to this,therefore  Its only fair to do same when such fraudulent act is committed by one of the mockers(atheists). U would agree with me that neither Akingbola or Cecilia were spared here on nairaland when we heard they did  something similar. Its reasonable to balance things. On this basis, the thread is necessary.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by PastorAIO: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
toba:

This thread is very necessary. For the fact that most atheists here start ridiculous topics,make ridiculous comments&do mock the theists on matters rel,ated to this,therefore Its only fair to do same when such fraudulent act is committed by the one of the mockers(atheists). U would agree with me that neither Akingbola or Cecilia was spared here on nairaland when we heard they did something similar. Its reasonable to balance things. On this basis, the thread is necessary.

Aaaah Toba, so you identify with Cecilian and Erastus. They say who the cap fit must wear it. You've tried the cap, looked in the mirror, liked what you saw, paid for it and have now left the store with your cap on your head.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Enigma(m): 12:43am On Oct 29, 2010
toba:

This thread is very necessary. For the fact that most atheists here start ridiculous topics,make ridiculous comments&do mock the theists on matters rel,ated to this,therefore Its only fair to do same when such fraudulent act is committed by the one of the mockers(atheists). U would agree with me that neither Akingbola or Cecilia was spared here on nairaland when we heard they did something similar. Its reasonable to balance things. On this basis, the thread is necessary.

The thread is perfectly legitimate. In the history of the religious section since its inception it has always been normal to post religious or related news whether purely as news, for information, serious discussion or even light hearted amusement. Moreover, I don't recall ever seeing the non-Christians complain when we Christians post similar threads about televangelists for example ---- something which we have always regularly done here.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by aletheia(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Aaaah Toba, so you identify with Cecilian and Erastus. They say who the cap fit must wear it. You've tried the cap, looked in the mirror, liked what you saw, paid for it and have now left the store with your cap on your head.

Irony. . .or sarcasm? grin
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by vedaxcool(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2010
Enigma:

@Toba

Upon all the claims of atheists being intelligent, did you notice the extremely poor comprehension of the two atheists that jumped in when they failed to understand what was 'staggeringly' simple and patently obvious from the opening post? So much for the much-vaunted 'intelligence' of our atheists here!

cool

to me the thread Name is Funny " Ungodly row" , I understood it to mean the "godless row" between two godless souls, it should have made people laugh rather than all this heated talk, as atheist are as human as us, capable doing good and also stealing money from each other, reminds me of how people pinch the tithe box, it seems one of the two friends? learnt that quick, and madoff  grin grin grin with the money.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by vescucci(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
Hmmm. Some posts make sense. I retract my statements. The thread is quite legitimate. Maybe the title doesn't convey cheekiness as it was meant to.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by MyJoe: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^^ I think the title is fine, too - to the extent it's a pun. The only mistake opening poster made was responding angrily to the atheists who failed to see a religious news report that parallels others around here and spot the pun in the title.

Pastor AIO:

Aaaah Toba, so you identify with Cecilian and Erastus.  They say who the cap fit must wear it.  You've tried the cap, looked  in the mirror, liked what you saw, paid for it and have now left the store with your cap on your head. 
I really like that word - whether it's a typo or a deliberate pun (knowing Pastor_AIO, I'm fairly certain which it is). Sicilian!  grin
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
MyJoe:

^^^ I think the title is fine, too - to the extent it's a pun. The only mistake opening poster made was responding angrily to the atheists who failed to see a religious news report that parallels others around here and spot the pun in the title.

My joe, the atheist here are more guilty of responding with anger when the theists' views opposes theres'. Its nice having this thread and since it was brought up, how many of them have showed up here to condemn their own apart from Ascony and Mudley? Let there be anything about Christianity that looks wrong, u will find them responding to the extent of even making it personal as if we are in a competition. If not for anything, at least for the sake of pun, this is a legitimate thread.

Pastor AIO:

Well it depends on what u mean by the word 'identify'. They are both theist and im a theist as well. I don't identify or in support of their fraudulent acts but as a theist, i identify with them. when they did evil, i was one of those that openly criticized them here on NL. Its the turn of the [b]evolutionist [/b]that acted immorally and ungodly to be condemned and bashed. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by MyJoe: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
toba:

Its nice having this thread and since it was brought up, how many of them have showed up here to condemn their own apart from Ascony and Mudley? Let there be anything about Christianity that looks wrong, u will find them responding to the extent of even making it personal as if we are in a competition. If not for anything, at least for the sake of pun, this is a legitimate thread.

You need to understand what atheism is. It is non-belief in the existence of God. Full stop. It is not a set of moral codes with priests and all. So it does not even begin to make sense for anyone to charge them as atheists with immorality the way we can charge Christians as Christians with immorality. Atheists ought to be disgusted at what Mr Dawkin's friend did just like all of us because they are human beings and it is ethically wrong for one human being to steal from another. An atheist who does not condemn stealing fails as a human being, but not as an atheist because there is no such thing as failing as an atheist the way there is failing as a Christian.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
MyJoe:

You need to understand what atheism is. It is non-belief in the existence of God. Full stop. It is not a set of moral codes with priests and all. So it does not even begin to make sense for anyone to charge them as atheists with immorality the way we can charge Christians as Christians with immorality.
Well IMO i dont think anyone has done that here. what is bad is bad, thats all im advocating. so the atheist should also see from that angle as an unfair act and strongly condemn it even though it comes from one of them.

As regards morals or immorality and atheism heres what mazaje had to say about it
mazaje:

Show me a post from any atheist here on nairaland in the past two days that t[b]alks about atheist having better moral values than theist?. . . . .[/b]
and this
mazaje:

Who says atheism as nothing to do with morals? atheism is the lack of belief in Gods and not l[b]ack of belief in morals[/b]. . . . . . . . . .Have you ever read the Egyptian book of the dead? It predates the bible and it talks about stealing as a bad vice.

MyJoe:

Atheists ought to be disgusted at what Mr Dawkin's friend did just like all of us because they are human beings and it is ethically wrong for one human being to steal from another. An atheist who does not condemn stealing fails as a human being, but not as an atheist because there is no such thing as failing as an atheist the way there is failing as a Christian.
Thats the point. Its got nothing to do with Christianity or Islam. In the first place it was mudley313 that started the comparison on the first page. My point is clear. A spade is a spade whether u call it one on not
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by MyJoe: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
Ok. But I'm not sure why you brought in these two quotes from mazaje. I'm curious, though. Can you please enlighten me as to what you have against those words?
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
Nothing. Hes entitled to his opinion. The key thing is that all sane pple would condemn what the disciple of Dawkins did. Period.
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by arpit123: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
Donnie Swaggart Net worth, Wife, House, Family, Facebook, Wikipédia, Ministries, Divorce, Home, Children, Age, Wiki & More. Also learn details information about Donnie Swaggart Net worth as well as Donnie Swaggart earnings, Worth, Salary, Property, and Income. Scroll below and Know Everything About Your Favorite Actor Donnie Swaggart.

Donnie Swaggart Biography
Donnie Swaggart is an American Pastor, Evangelist, Religious Leader. Donnie serves as co-pastor of Family Worship Center Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is also the son of the most renowned preachers Jimmy Swaggart and Frances Swaggart.

A regular speaker at the Jimmy Swaggart Ministry Campmeetings, Donnie, without fail, delivers a stirring message on the Holy Spirit. Deeply anticipated by those taking part in these Campmeetings, his Saturday evening messages have been affectionately termed “Holy Spirit Nights” by ministry followers.

Donnie Swaggart sermons have been known to be regularly telecast on the SonLife Broadcasting Network. He has also released a line of religious and teaching DVDs, which often include his family in Louisiana.

Swaggart was caught with prostitutes in 1988 and 1991. While the pastor was going through a divorce, he was still preaching at the same time.

Donnie Swaggart Family, Parents, Education & More
Donnie was born on October 18, 1954, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA. He is the only son of Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart and Frances Swaggart. He has often appeared alongside his father, Jimmy Swaggart, during telecasts of him and his father’s sermons.

https://autobiography.tech/donnie-swaggart-wife
Re: An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple by arpit123: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? / Is Tithing A Jewish Law Or Christ's Command? / Tb Joshua's Anointed Water Heals The People !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.