Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am (18284 Views)

Coronavirus: Babafemi Adebayo Dies In Brazil As Wife Cries, Begs Him To Wake Up / "Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Hintona(f): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2019
Do I really need help?

I am continuously bothered about it, I just can't wake up before 6:00am, my parents have complained about it, they say I am a lazy child they tell me I won't make it in life if I don't change.

It depressing, my self esteem deteriorates, I have tried everything I know like loud alarms, going to bed early, sleeping in a particular position but they don't work.

I can't even wake up at night too, please if you have any suggestion kindly drop it here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by siofra(f): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2019
Have you asked Google?

24 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Widow(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2019
Eat a little groundnuts for lunch, drink a bottle of coke for dinner. I am sure you will wake up at 5:00am the next morning.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by onlinetomola(m): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2019
Wawu ! shocked Take any drink that has caffeine before you go to bed at night. It will surely reduce the way you normally sleep like Kponmo cool

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by stormborn28(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
I laughed.... And you want to be a mother?

14 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by loadedvibes: 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Lol.. you be winch na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by helinues: 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
If you are not consciously aware of it, then you cant do anything about it.

To be honest, you need to man up oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by pocohantas(f): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
You don't have any reason to, YET.

Are you still a student? Or maybe whatever you do doesn't require waking early.

These things are lifestyles and our body tends to adjust to our lifestyle.

If you have a 9-5 that requires you waking up by 5am, even on public holidays- you will first wake by that 5am, before sleeping again.

That said, early to bed...early to rise.

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Bossontop(m): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Stop sleeping late na........abi u dey go night meeting??

Lol

16 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by deepwater(f): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
How old are you

3 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Wuuworld(m): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Feel at home
Feel at home
Na so my guy take spoil my TV remote.

This one sabi cook
This one sabi do
Na so Solomon take marry 700 wives.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by evansjeff(m): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Always have little sleep during the day, it helps reduce your sleeping hours at night.

3 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 30, 2019
So hot shit no Dey catch you for midnight wey you go tear race stand up?
Nawa o Na everything Dey cause depression these days.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by KingKwithDplan: 6:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Dont turn off the light

3 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by inoki247: 6:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Lol na over sleeping be this one problem oga goan nd drink 25 litres 10 gallon of oil to appease the Gods of sleeping so dey can reduce your sleep...

For say u dey live for Borno wey dem don see bomb as Alarm u go dey wake up before 6 just relocate to Borno

8 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Opexzy: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
Do you have anything to attend to now before 6am...if you don't then it might be a little hard to cultivate such habit... For example, if u live in Ojodu and you work at V.I, now that's a good reason to to wake up before 6am

And again it's not totally bad to wake up by 6am, it's when you sleep that matters... If u sleep around 2am or 3am waking up by 6am is not bad... But if you sleep 8pm and wakes up by 6am now you 've slept for good 10 hours, that's where the problem really lies... By the time you clock 50, u don sleep for almost 20years...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Pavore9: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
Individually, we all have our body clocks and when your day begins should be a determinant in when one wakes up. There are people who don't have to leave home everyday to earn an income, so waking up early should not be the only way to measure productivity. Personally, my optimal productivity is tied to 8 hours sleep.

There are situations that could be a result of a sleep disorder but one should enjoy their sleep as long it is not affecting functionality and productivity.

12 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by spartan50(m): 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
Stop being lazy and be a man.. I see you are in your comfort zone. Try to bother yourself with issues, naturally you would wake up before 4 self. You are not paying your bills that's why

5 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by sisisioge: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
How old are you? Don't over beat yourself jare. Your body will reset to new sleep requirements as they come grin

2 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Yamleg: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
We only hope,
Waking up the next morning isn't guaranteed.
GOD wakes you when he wishes.

10 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by meobizy(f): 6:10am On Aug 30, 2019
What do you want to do before sunrise? Abegi, the African man wakes up once the sunlight hits his eyes. You are lucky, sunrise is normally 06:22. Anybody trying to deny you of vital sleep hours doesn't have your interest in mind.

11 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2019
Well, you obviously dont pay your Bill's yet..

8 Likes

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Hafeexla(m): 6:11am On Aug 30, 2019
Waking up at 6am isn't too late?

1 Like

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Sirmuel1(m): 6:11am On Aug 30, 2019
Maybe you're jobless. cheesy

If you have a 9-5 job and you stay in Lagos, you will learn how to wake by 3am to beat traffic grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by KAM3KAZI: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2019
Maybe its just your thing grin grin grin

No one can take it away from you wink
Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by ReubenE(m): 6:11am On Aug 30, 2019
You can tell someone to wake you up with a belt by 5am.

Do that for two weeks... You will consciously wake up by that time

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by oluwasegun007(m): 6:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Mr oga,... Your brain is actually messing with you trying to create problem where there is non...

Pls wake up at the right time and prepare for post UTME.
Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by tomdon(m): 6:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Are we google? Abeg any time you like it's non of our business.
If your body needs sleep, how's that got to do with your success in life?
Even your brain functions optimally and productivity increases when you get full rest. Now you're looking for how to be useless

1 Like

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Hintona:
Do I really need help?

I am continuously bothered about it, I just can't wake up before 6:00am, my parents have complained about it, they say I am a lazy child they tell me I won't make it in life if I don't change.

It depressing, my self esteem deteriorates, I have tried everything I know like loud alarms, going to bed early, sleeping in a particular position but they don't work.

I can't even wake up at night too, please if you have any suggestion kindly drop it here.

We will need more data before we may advise you appropriately. What time do you sleep? Are you always behind in your responsibilities? Wake up time depends on sleep time and as such, you need to manage your hours properly to meet up with your obligations. Try sleeping by 8 or 9pm, you will likely meet up with the 6am timelime.

That being said, some traditional parents generally think it is a sign of laziness not to wake up before 6am or (early so to speak) not for any logical reason but simply because it is how they have been conditioned to think. I always had issues with my dad after NYSC because my study hours conflicted with his traditional belief of waking up early. I studied all night (i am nocturnal), sleep by 4am and wake up 9 to 10 am but he insists I wake up 6am...for no reason. I had to stop my night jacking since I had to live by the rules of the house, hussled and got my own apartment where I enjoyed my freedom to maximize my hours of maximum assimilation.

My advise for you is to condition yourself to wake up early if your parents demand it. Sleep by 7pm if necessary (lol), and hussle to get your own place so you could manage your schedule as you like. Not everybody is an earlybird.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cant Wake Up Earlier Than 6:00am by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 30, 2019
Pavore9:
Individually, we all have our body clocks.
Naso them don come grin. If you get interview for 8am wake up for 9am cause your body clock Na 9am

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Please How Much Does It Cost To Remove A Teeth In Lagos / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.