Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,581 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? (22342 Views)

Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? / Why Naija Used Cars are Not always safe To Buy / Fairly Used Cars From Dubai For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2019
Avedonn:

Please review I4 accord

The Honda accord 2003-2007

The I4 models are very sturdy , occasionally you cold find them with transmission issues, but comparatively an inexpensive replacement hovering around ₦150k total package.

As a rule, avoid Aluminum engines with graphite gaskets (if you don't know ask).

The V6 model. I am yet to see a Nigerian used one for sale that didn't have a defective transmission.

Transmission failure and the accord V6 are like agege bread and Ewa goin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by afoife: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2019
Avedonn:

Check out the professional review of all Honda cars I4 engine. From 1976 to 2019. Their problems, the one to buy and not to buy.

Based on what I saw, 2005, 2006, 2015 and 2017 are less problematic than other models.

While the worst and the one they advised people to avoid like plague are 2014, 2013, 2009, 2008, 2003, 2004 models.

Peoples complained about the following mostly:

1. transmission failure

2. brake pad

3. suspension

4. paint peeling

5. electronics malfunction etc.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/

Thanks. Well appreciated

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by banky3w(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The I4 models are very sturdy , occasionally you cold find them with transmission issues, but comparatively an inexpensive replacement hovering around ₦150k total package.

As a rule, avoid Aluminum engines with graphite gaskets (if you don't know ask).

The V6 model. I am yet to see a Nigerian used one for sale that didn't have a defective transmission.

I have one for sell, no engine or transmission issue. Previously used by me and now being used by a friend. Buy and drive to Accra. If you find any tyranny issue on it, I'll never drive a V6 again grin
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by snipesdam(m): 8:36am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

In as much as I dislike this model of Accord. I know someone whom have used a V6 for 5years plus no issues with transmission no leg broken on any occasion yet. Recent complaints it began shorting oil. He's always uses 0w20. Travels a lot to the east for Lagos often.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by snipesdam(m): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ how do you prevent this issues with 13pin gearbox and what's the most likely cause of its breakdown?

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Sep 07, 2019
banky3w:

I have one for sell, no engine or transmission issue. Previously used by me and now being used by a friend. Buy and drive to Accra. If you find any tyranny issue on it, I'll never drive a V6 again grin

I'm almost certain it's not up for sale cheesy
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2019
snipesdam:
GAZZUZZ how do you prevent this issues with 13pin gearbox and what's the most likely cause of its breakdown?

Simple, select your mechanic properly. If he works on surfaces like this, don't let him near your gearbox or drive shaft.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by banky3w(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2019
Have you ever heard the phrase "Everybody's got a price"? Make me an offer or send a customer towards me. wink
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2019
snipesdam:

In as much as I dislike this model of Accord. I know someone whom have used a V6 for 5years plus no issues with transmission no leg broken on any occasion yet. Recent complaints it began shorting oil. He's always uses 0w20. Travels a lot to the east for Lagos often.

Short true story.

I had a client who bought a V6 accord toks, the car came with a bad transmission, so we replaced it with a toks, 6months later it started misbehaving, this time around when i went to buy a replacement part , i found a transmission that had been rebuilt recently in the USA (less than 6months with the tag still ok the converter)

I paid for it. Client sold the car because of fear, but 3years later that car is still running perfectly with new owner.

The life span of the V6 transmission is about 180,000miles and after that it will need a rebuild or replacement.

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2019
banky3w:
Have you ever heard the phrase "Everybody's got a price"? Make me an offer or send a customer towards me. wink

let me wait till 180,000miles cheesy

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by banky3w(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

let me wait till 180,000miles cheesy

You are a demeanor but mileage is over 180,000miles tongue tongue
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by TCD: 10:05am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Does this apply to the Honda accord V6 2009 to 2012 (evil spirit) engine and transmission as well?
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by snipesdam(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Short true story.

I had a client who bought a V6 accord toks, the car came with a bad transmission, so we replaced it with a toks, 6months later it started misbehaving, this time around when i went to buy a replacement part , i found a transmission that had been rebuilt recently in the USA (less than 6months with the tag still ok the converter)

I paid for it. Client sold the car because of fear, but 3years later that car is still running perfectly with new owner.

The life span of the V6 transmission is about 180,000miles and after that it will need a rebuild or replacement.

Good insight thank you.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by onatisi(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2019
na from 2008 you for start ooo embarassed
TCD:

Does this apply to the Honda accord V6 2009 to 2012 (evil spirit) engine and transmission as well?
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by sacx: 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2019
Avedonn:

Check out the professional review of all Honda cars I4 engine. From 1976 to 2019. Their problems, the one to buy and not to buy.

Based on what I saw, 2005, 2006, 2015 and 2017 are less problematic than other models.

While the worst and the one they advised people to avoid like plague are 2014, 2013, 2009, 2008, 2003, 2004 models.

Peoples complained about the following mostly:

1. transmission failure

2. brake pad

3. suspension

4. paint peeling

5. electronics malfunction etc.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/

What did they get wrong in 2007?
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Avedonn: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for the review.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Avedonn: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
sacx:

What did they get wrong in 2007?
Break pad, paint peeling and accessories problem.

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by emeths: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
good one
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
onatisi:
but is there any perfect budget car in this world ? i doubt that
Yes. Mercedes Benz W202 C Klasse, W210 E Klasse,
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by somethinggood(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
Review the vw Golf 4 manual with 1.6 SR engine please.. don't know why mine inner shaft keeps scattering and will enter gear but not move until It is changed
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
somethinggood:
Review the vw Golf 4 manual with 1.6 SR engine please.. don't know why mine inner shaft keeps scattering and will enter gear but not move until It is changed
Buy the original shaft... Both sides at once. And check your suspension

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by ritzytbabs(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2019
Kindly Review Hyundai Accent 2008 Model
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by dljbd1(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2019
ritzytbabs:
Kindly Review Hyundai Accent 2008 Model
If possible, all models from 2008 to the recent.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by mbahjohnpaul: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2019
Review Honda evil spirit o
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Diavolo: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
Thank you for your efforts in educating us. For a newbie that doesn't know much about cars and is on a budget, economy is not smiling, abeg which model of Nigerian used car will you say it's easy to maintain and one can buy.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Diavolo:
Thank you for your efforts in educating us. For a newbie that doesn't know much about cars and is on a budget, economy is not smiling, abeg which model of Nigerian used car will you say it's easy to maintain and one can buy.

budget?
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Diavolo: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

budget?
700k sir
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by niyoni: 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
@Gazzuzz, please review the 2009-2013 Toyota Corolla and the 2008-2012 Honda accord. You can add the 2006-2008 Honda Pilot as jara. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Diavolo:
700k sir

Nah bullet proof sure pass on! Dru23 kindly come and explain
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by ifeolu002(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good Evening Gazzuz,
Please I need advise on the car to choose between the following; *Budget 1,500,000(Toks) *Purpose;Office waka and e hailing at spare time Good fuel economy, cheap maintenance
Toyota Matrix 2004-2006 Pontiac Vibe 2004-2006

kindly recommend the best year for this models.
Your detailed analysis will be appreciated.
Re: Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? by Marpol: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
snipesdam:

Accord V6 and shorting oil is like bread and butter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database / New Tinted Permit / Pls Help: Catalytic Converter Missing In Exhaust Pipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.