Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner (7553 Views)

Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by AutoJoshNG: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2019

The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde has declared that over 1.6 million vehicles ply Lagos roads daily and outlined government’s strategies to tackle the effects of high-volume traffic across the State.

Speaking at the 2019 Nigerian Bar Association General Conference in Lagos, Oladeinde revealed that among the 1.6 million vehicles, 226 cars runLagos roads per km compared to the National average of 16 cars per km.

He analysed further that 75,000 commercial ‘Danfo’ buses in Lagos currently cater for about 10,000 public-passenger trips per day while an average of 12,000 public transport trips are generated daily.

The Transport Commissioner opined that the high-volume traffic situation could be addressed through economic, social and environmental strategies, saying that adoption of these strategies simultaneously will reduce delays, improve travel time for business and movement of goods, improve safety, security, social inclusion and quality of life.

He further outlined the strategies that will be adopted to reduce traffic congestion which include the implementation of the Lagos Traffic Law, improvement of 60 noted key junctions through effective deployment of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) officers and the continuous fixing of the potholes, amongst others.

He added that the multimodal transport policy of the State will also include the completion of the Blue and Red Line Mass Transport movement, development of strategic roads such as the completion of Lagos–Badagry Expressway and completion of Agric–Isawo Road to link Lagos–Ibadan Expressway.

While affirming that the ongoing water transportation reforms will not be abandoned, he also noted that plans are afoot to reorganise the water transport operators as well as create economically viable routes and terminals.

The Commissioner said that in line with the bus reform initiative, an additional 820 high and medium capacity buses will be released to enhance public transportation on eight major existing bus routes for better commuting experience by 2021.

He expressed optimism that with all these strategies well developed and managed, there will be an ultimate reduction in travel time, air pollution, waiting time and an increase in job creation.

Source: https://autojosh.com/over-1-6m-vehicles-ply-lagos-road-daily-transport-commissioner/

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin
can someone summarize the story for me?
BTW i made it,first to comment.

this FTC is dedicated to my lovely fiancee,rosemary mii.
when the spirit of the lord is upon my soul, I'll dance like Davidebora owu danced.

3 Likes

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by PureGoldh(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
Facts only
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Sirheny007(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lagos is a glorified dump house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
is that an excuse for us to have pothole ridden roads
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by BlackfireX: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
Achievement
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Henrywill247(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
Staking on two odds of the same bet is the best way to bet. It is called sure betting. It works on the Over/Under markets Or any game that has two options. You win nomata the outcome.. it works by comparing odds of two different betting websites.. you will see some betting companies has more bigger odds than the other then take advantage of it by placing one on one site and the other odd on the other site. it's a secrete no one will tell you. Try it today and change your life. God bless you. Feel free to ask me any question you wish to ask I will guide you through.

2 Likes

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by rectitude(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
Chai. No wonder the hold up.

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by helinues: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
Agbero alone are more than that figure..

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Abalado(f): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Who help am count am abeg,, how he take know the figure,,, who count am for u? 1.5million kee u there

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by DaddyYeeboz: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
Meanwhile, some vehicles don't ply the roads cos the owners use commercial transport. The lying idiot called Peter Obi said there are 2 Million vehicles in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by DaddyYeeboz: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Sirheny007:
Lagos is a glorified dump house.

That's why those economic scavengers who come to hawk gala in Lagos are referred to as pigs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by renewable1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nice
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Sirheny007(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
DaddyYeeboz:

That's why those economic scavengers who come to hawk gala in Lagos are referred to as pigs.
[/s]

Trash coming from trash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by mytime24(f): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
Who count am undecided

2 Likes

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Broadenyourhori: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde has declared that over 1.6 million vehicles ply Lagos roads daily and outlined government’s strategies to tackle the effects of high-volume traffic across the State.

Speaking at the 2019 Nigerian Bar Association General Conference in Lagos, Oladeinde revealed that among the 1.6 million vehicles, 226 cars runLagos roads per km compared to the National average of 16 cars per km.

He analysed further that 75,000 commercial ‘Danfo’ buses in Lagos currently cater for about 10,000 public-passenger trips per day while an average of 12,000 public transport trips are generated daily.

The Transport Commissioner opined that the high-volume traffic situation could be addressed through economic, social and environmental strategies, saying that adoption of these strategies simultaneously will reduce delays, improve travel time for business and movement of goods, improve safety, security, social inclusion and quality of life.

He further outlined the strategies that will be adopted to reduce traffic congestion which include the implementation of the Lagos Traffic Law, improvement of 60 noted key junctions through effective deployment of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) officers and the continuous fixing of the potholes, amongst others.

He added that the multimodal transport policy of the State will also include the completion of the Blue and Red Line Mass Transport movement, development of strategic roads such as the completion of Lagos–Badagry Expressway and completion of Agric–Isawo Road to link Lagos–Ibadan Expressway.

While affirming that the ongoing water transportation reforms will not be abandoned, he also noted that plans are afoot to reorganise the water transport operators as well as create economically viable routes and terminals.

The Commissioner said that in line with the bus reform initiative, an additional 820 high and medium capacity buses will be released to enhance public transportation on eight major existing bus routes for better commuting experience by 2021.

He expressed optimism that with all these strategies well developed and managed, there will be an ultimate reduction in travel time, air pollution, waiting time and an increase in job creation.

Source: https://autojosh.com/over-1-6m-vehicles-ply-lagos-road-daily-transport-commissioner/

What is the point of having these facts and figures and still unable to provide alternative means of transportation?

If these facts and figures are true and not made up, then the government should have used the data to improve the traffic problems in Lagos.

People can talk but when it comes to actions, then chicken out. Reduce the need for people to use road transportation and see how the pressure will be taken off our roads. Less vehicles on the road and less potholes and what have you.
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by teeymix16: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
I never buy my own una dey complain..... Traffic kee u dere.

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Risingblue008(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Udonminit
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Pavore9: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
One can only imagine the emission!
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by sirfemoz(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Public transport is not safe and comfortable to go with. Most prefers driving their own vehicle. The Mega city LASG has been shouting up and down should start reflecting on the transportation system.

1 Like

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:
grin
can someone summarize the story for me?
BTW i made it,first to comment.

this FTC is dedicated to my lovely fiancee,rosemary mii.
when the spirit of the lord is upon my soul, I'll dance like Davidebora owu danced.

Pls this 1st to comment, do they give any price on NL? Pls tell me let me start my own monitoring spirit..
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Ttipsy(f): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
na headline be this 0
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by lekbel09(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Henrywill247:
Staking on two odds of the same bet is the best way to bet. It is called sure betting. It works on the Over/Under markets Or any game that has two options. You win nomata the outcome.. it works by comparing odds of two different betting websites.. you will see some betting companies has more bigger odds than the other then take advantage of it by placing one on one site and the other odd on the other site. it's a secrete no one will tell you. Try it today and change your life. God bless you. Feel free to ask me any question you wish to ask I will guide you through.
oya let's do this
Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by TSRC: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
And yet Toyota want to build a plant in Ghana with Nigeria as their target market and buhari.was there watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
We Never See Anything Yet....
By 2025 ee go reach 3 million

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Flight Ticket From Nigeria To Liberia / Directions To Ajah / Canada Work Permit Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.