Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad (52255 Views)

Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad / No More Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad - TRUMP / Donald Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of Non-citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
martineverest:
misleading headline
even if sonner or later it ll affect those running to go born in US...and I ll like it...lets stay and fix the country... some Nigerian elite are wicked and only care for their interest
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by Alex09(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
This Trump of a man, chai!
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Dear Mr Seun,

Please set aside one day for an English Language Passage Comprehension class on this distinguished platform.

From the replies here, you'll realize that there are gross misconceptions and misunderstanding of what President Trump's administration has put in place.

Please consider this to be a corporate social responsibility on the part of your organization.
Accept the assurances of my highest esteem.

Yours sincerely,
Disgusted reader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by Raalsalghul: 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Quite a pity that most don't understand this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by Toks2008(m): 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
agarawu23:
read well before u comment

Please explain in your words cos you kept asking people to read again when the message is so clear.

It states that you can't have a child outside U.S and the child becomes a citizen cos you are one.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by shogsman(m): 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
First time trump will do something meaningful,thumbs up on this one.he should do something about citizenship by birth too.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by aribs(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
Gosh we still dey read for Nigeria? Stop reading headlines alone before commenting people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by onilanre(m): 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
Kenneth10110:
Shot to those who plan giving birth abroad or celebs how market.

Do your know how to read at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by 12345baba(m): 12:14am On Aug 31, 2019
AntiWailer:
He cnt.

He can't change the constitution with an executive order.

And please read very well, it does not affect giving birth in America.
gradually, he will torchlight that aspect of giving birth. So if u wan get american citizen pikin go do the needful now o.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by greypencils: 12:18am On Aug 31, 2019
kingkakaone:

Dora please try to read and understand, at least it will help you not to say things off point.

He is attacking his own citizens with this order.

What of the military men stationed outside the country, what about ambassadors, what about those of official duties? Do you now see that it will reduce the morale of most service men?
Nothing is spoiling the morale of Americans outside America on official duties. It takes nothing to fill forms and register their children. The process can't be hard as long as they are U.S citizens. Trump basically aimed his shot towards Non American immigrants. And that is what he is working towards. Citizenship by birth for Non-Americans would soon be abolished. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by Delaw00(m): 12:27am On Aug 31, 2019
I want to sir
ctleurocollege:
It is more important to acquire heavenly citizenship

Contact me if you wish to study in South Cyprus
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by AreaFada2: 12:49am On Aug 31, 2019
Kenneth10110:
[i]Jus solis [/i]remains.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by AreaFada2: 12:49am On Aug 31, 2019
Kenneth10110:
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by AreaFada2: 12:50am On Aug 31, 2019
Kenneth10110:
Jus solis (right of the soil) remains.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by EgunMogaji2: 1:33am On Aug 31, 2019
This article is not totally factual.

This only affects service members. Mostly.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by benjyyyyy07: 1:37am On Aug 31, 2019
Why are you still here in this hell � �
ctleurocollege:
It is more important to acquire heavenly citizenship

Contact me if you wish to study in South Cyprus
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by tragergeorge(m): 1:48am On Aug 31, 2019
Guzel:
Many comments here are wrong
The law is for US citizens living outside USA.
If that American woman working at US embassy in Abuja gives birth in Nigeria. She will have to apply for American citizenship for her baby despite the fact that she’s an American.
"
“Similarly, leave taken in the United States while stationed abroad is not considered residing in the United States even if the person is staying in property he or she owns. "This paragraph can you explainI think this is where it affects us,,,Cos na we de use leave de travel der De go born
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by tiger28: 2:13am On Aug 31, 2019
AntiWailer:
He cnt.

SOON, it will! Am a citizen but all these yeye Naija celebs and govt officials having babies here and feeding on my taxes for their hospitalization then japa back to Naija with citizenship must STOP! They must suffer with everyone else. Have u noticed that celebs and politician children don't queue for visas.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 2:24am On Aug 31, 2019
AntiWailer:
He cnt.

You don’t know this man... he is coming after birth tourism, but he wants to first attack automatic citizenship for US born citizens outside the USA. IF those whose parents are US citizens can be made to apply for citizenship THEN who is that fvcking Nigerian celeb who will claim citizenship for their kids because they popped out a child here in the USA while pretending to come for holidays... guys, think.. if you ever played chess, you know what this guy is coming for.... BIRTH TOURISM and ANCHOR BABIES!!!!!

The next thing he will do now is, YOUR CHILD CANNOT BE A US CITIZEN EVEN IF THEY ARE BORN HERE EXCEPT You are A US CITIZEN OR LEGAL RESIDENT..... that’s what’s he will do 3 months to election and he will WIN in a landslide!!!!!! Americans are tired of anchor babies

2 Likes

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by 12inchess: 3:59am On Aug 31, 2019
ogbonti:

You don’t know this man... he is coming after birth tourism, but he wants to first attack automatic citizenship for US born citizens outside the USA. IF those whose parents are US citizens can be made to apply for citizenship THEN who is that fvcking Nigerian celeb who will claim citizenship for their kids because they popped out a child here in the USA while pretending to come for holidays... guys, think.. if you ever played chess, you know what this guy is coming for.... BIRTH TOURISM and ANCHOR BABIES!!!!!

The next thing he will do now is, YOUR CHILD CANNOT BE A US CITIZEN EVEN IF THEY ARE BORN HERE EXCEPT You are A US CITIZEN OR LEGAL RESIDENT..... that’s what’s he will do 3 months to election and he will WIN in a landslide!!!!!! Americans are tired of anchor babies
I live in the U. S and I believe you're right on this. That is the eventual goal and it sure would happen before the election. And of course white america would support this forgetting that they are taking away what they have benefitted for years away from other immigrants. At the end of the day irrespective of religion, race etc most humans are selfish and self seeking. To be honest, I feel that the minimum requirement for citizenship for kids should be permanent residency for parents even though I'm not one. But again when the white man came to steal from Africa they didn't come with visas and they sure didn't ask the slaves they took to apply for h1b before shipping them off. White America wants the benefits of diversity but not the reality of a diverse society. You can't have the good without the bad. Yingyang.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:20am On Aug 31, 2019
12inchess:

I live in the U. S and I believe you're right on this. That is the eventual goal and it sure would happen before the election. And of course white america would support this forgetting that they are taking away what they have benefitted for years away from other immigrants. At the end of the day irrespective of religion, race etc most humans are selfish and self seeking. To be honest, I feel that the minimum requirement for citizenship should be permanent residency even though I'm not one. But again when the white man came to steal from Africa they didn't come with visas and they sure didn't ask the slaves they took to apply for h1b before shipping them off. White America wants the benefits of diversity but not the reality of a diverse society. You can't have the good without the bad. Yingyang.

you are so correct about this but I do not blame Trump. The way people abuse the birth right citizenship is mind boggling, you find couples who do not even live in the USA, they do not pay taxes here, they probably never been to the USA, and maybe they have always hated the USA in their hearts. All of a sudden, they had sex, and never thought about the USA. as soon as they get the report- your wife is pregnant, they start plotting how to come to the USA and the wife gets a visa, jumps on the plan, over stay her visa, delivers at a hospital at the cost to the US tax payers, collects a blue passport and social security card for the child and disappears. Child return to the USA at age 18, gets federal pell grants and attends free college and gets students loans all that, graduates, because he never stayed here in the first place, he or she has no genuine love for the country. Then this same foreign US citizen petitions for his or her parents to migrate here with green cards and most likely they are not in their late 50's or early 60's and baaaaaaam, they qualify in a few years for some social security benefits and medicare that I and others labored for, for decades- to be fair, this is insanity and it must stop. I have no problem with people getting visas to come and live in America, I am all for that, but please, dont circumvent the process. if you want your kids to be US citizens, LIVE HERE, WORK HERE AND PAY THE TAXES AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY - dont just pop out a kid and abscond and later come and reap benefits you did not work for, it is like robbing peter to pay paul. The UK and other EU countries have stopped this birth right citizenship for decades now but the democrats are stone walling any meaningful reform regarding this because of election votes.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by pfadom: 4:21am On Aug 31, 2019
Trump ko, Trumpet ni...

collinsuchendu:
grin Like for Trump, Share for Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:29am On Aug 31, 2019
tiger28:
SOON, it will! Am a citizen but all these yeye Naija celebs and govt officials having babies here and feeding on my taxes for their hospitalization then japa back to Naija with citizenship must STOP! They must suffer with everyone else. Have u noticed that celebs and politician children don't queue for visas.

you are very correct - in fact people justle for political positions in Nigeria these days not just only for the money but to get immigration benefits to developed countries - IF Trump can pull the birth tourism stuff and end it, he will be surprised how easy his re-election will be
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:30am On Aug 31, 2019
greypencils:
Nothing is spoiling the morale of Americans outside America on official duties. It takes nothing to fill forms and register their children. The process can't be hard as long as they are U.S citizens. Trump basically aimed his shot towards Non American immigrants. And that is what he is working towards. Citizenship by birth for Non-Americans would soon be abolished. Period.

you are very smart!!!!
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:35am On Aug 31, 2019
DedeNkem:
tRumpf the criminal wants to make America as white as possible!

This id*iot has lied more than 12,000 times since he became fake president appointed by Russian dictator, Putin, and majority of Americans hate tRumpf!.

This illegal executive order will be reversed when a Democratic President wins in 2020 presidential election! I'm sure people will sue him.

CNN ooooooo your dog is on the lose grin
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:36am On Aug 31, 2019
jamace:
With time, Nigerians with dual citizenship would not be allowed in Nigeria political sphere.

hater spotted! grin
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ajl: 4:37am On Aug 31, 2019
Deejaygold:
Is this man crazy or what?

Is it your country?
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ogbonti: 4:39am On Aug 31, 2019
pinardave:

“Similarly, leave taken in the United States while stationed abroad is not considered residing in the United States even if the person is staying in property he or she owns.

Technically, If you are on leave to United States and give birth, your child is not considered citizen because you are not a resident.

intelligent man of wisdom - the dems are our problem. Birthright citizenship was for the children of former slaves not any visitor who pops in to the USA
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ajl: 4:43am On Aug 31, 2019
lastempero:
Na small small,monkey go catch banana.
B4 you know it he will enter the second stanza which says that if you are coming America for child's birth just forget
Am

How will you feel if you are an American and you see advertisement of some entity offering service for foreigners to come into your country solely for the purpose of giving birth so the child will be American citizen. I mean some people are making money off this scheme. Worse part is some do not even take care of their healthcare bill.
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by ajl: 4:54am On Aug 31, 2019
This is misleading. According to what i just read on Washington Post, it does not target native Americans serving or working abroad but mainly targets recent immigrants, children of parents that have lived less than 5 years in the USA before serving or working outside United States. Read an original story here:
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjg4ZXQmazkAhUKHxoKHYzqBxwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fimmigration%2Ftrump-administration-ends-automatic-citizenship-for-some-children-of-military-federal-workers-born-abroad%2F2019%2F08%2F28%2F29b811c6-c9d7-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html&psig=AOvVaw0tLJSrQr3TvYtZahAjK9u0&ust=1567309665465535
Re: Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad by liberalchick(f): 5:00am On Aug 31, 2019
You can’t change a law written in the constitution with an executive order. Birthright citizenship is in the constitution, Trump can’t change it.

wamiikechukwu:

I remember watching a YouTube video on the executive power of the US president.

the president can do much with an executive order, it is treated as a law as far as the judge of the highest court approves it.

well, how do you think he has been waging trade war? through executive orders cos congress will definitely not allow him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin / Anti Mohammed Cartoon Shootings In America / Rockets, Torpedoes: Photos From North Korea Massive Live-fire Artillery Drills.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.