Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,915 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat (22433 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Laidi Taiwo Claims Silver In Women's Weightlifting Event / Paralympics Tokyo2020: Oluwafemiayo Sets New World Record,as Obiji Claims Silver / Army Team Loses Football Match In Kaduna As Violence Breaks Out. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
Contrary to permutations and expectations young Stallions of Burkina Faso Friday shocked the Flying Eagles 2-0 to clinch Gold in the finals of the Africa Games football event in Morocco.

Flying Eagles who had dispatched Mali 5-4 on penalties to hit the finals were tipped not necessarily to have a walk in the park against the Stallions in the final but to win the match even by a slight margin.

Coach of the side Paul Aigbogun had before the match challenged his boys not to give room for mistakes that could ruin the day.

Flying Eagles beat Mali 5-4 and lost to Burkina Faso 2-0
The result is thus an indication that all did not go according to plans or that they underrated their opponents who ran away with two goals scored in the first half of the encounter played at the Stade Moulay Hassan.

It was apparent that the junior Stallions were given two major instructions, go, get the goals and defend it to the finish!

With the two goals in the kitty of the stallions, efforts by Flying Eagles to turn the table proved abortive as the stallions held tenaciously and guarded their victory to the end .

Nigeria thus settled for Silver while the Stallions pocket the Gold.

Senegal had on Thursday beaten Mali 4-3 on penalty after the Bronze match ended goalless.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-flying-eagles-lose-golden-match-win-silver-in-rabat/

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
All the same you guys tried........next time, you go a notch higher.

Congrats....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Tolexander: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Which one is just in by 8:27pm?

The match they’d finished over an hour ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:
Which one is just in by 8:27pm?

The match they’d finished over an hour ago
Anytime you wake up,na Good Morning.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Tolexander: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

Anytime you wake up,na Good Morning.
Anytime you sleep Na good night?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:
Anytime you sleep Na good night?
Wetin I tell you na adage for my place.....

Let's not digress mbok, just encourage the boys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Tolexander: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

Wetin I tell you na adage for my place.....

Let's not digress mbok, just encourage the boys.
you should not have told me an adage in your place since we don’t have a common place. grin

Moreover, I wasn’t talking against the match or the performance of the team but the OP, posting “just in” after over an hour the match ended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:
you should not have told me an adage in your place since we don’t have a common place. grin

Moreover, I wasn’t talking against the match or the performance of the team but the OP, posting “just in” after over an hour the match ended.
Nigerians and I no gree, I no gree.... Noted.

Do we need to be from the same place to communicate?
What matters is that I am a Nigerian and open to any adage or culture from any part of Nigeria......

Nigeria for Nigerians....let's not digress please grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Tolexander: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

Nigerians and I no gree, I no gree.... Noted.

Do we need to be from the same place to communicate?
What matters is that I am a Nigerian and open to any adage or culture from any part of Nigeria......

Nigeria for Nigerians....let's not digress please grin grin grin grin grin
speaking an adage from your place is just like speaking your mother’s tongue which I may not understand

Speak a general adage grin

Let us not digress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:
speaking an adage from your place is just like speaking your mother’s tongue which I may not understand
Let us not digress

Is English my mother-tongue?
I have hear-ed you grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Tolexander: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

Is English my mother-tongue?
I have hear-ed you grin
But the adage was your mother’s adage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:
But the adage was your mother’s adage
Where did you hear that one?
Mother's adage.....OK oooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by sylve11: 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
Rabbai abi Rabat? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Kennitrust(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lol very hard to find pride in Nigeria undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
I dn day talk am taytay say Paul Aigbogun head is nt destind to win trophy til etanity.Go chek his records 4m Bury(England league 2)to his days at Enyimba.like Rohr,notin day d guy head.otu coach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by ogundeleai(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
You win some you lose sum... That's life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by IbitsonReloaded(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Adage just full everywhere grin
I don laff tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by LORDKing001: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tasty Tom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by fergie001: 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
IbitsonReloaded:
Adage just full everywhere grin
I don laff tire
No mind am....

Nigeria and i no go gree attitude grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Mazigabriel(m): 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
CONGRATS EAGLES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by vibre: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
And people will be saying Paul Aigbogun is better than me, I coached my team to win our street football competition. I wonder why he can't win his own competition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Bar1941(m): 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mumu team, na push push dem push them reach the final self, 3 draws in the preliminary stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by keryj(f): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
I have a question, at Olympics or this all African games, does a gold medal counts 22 for the winner as per number of the players or just one gold medal as per the game ( football) itself.

Sane answers please

Thanks to all that answered my question. Am more clear now, I v always wondered how its been counted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Duggedised12(f): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tolexander:

Let us not digress
but the adage is popular na undecided except you aren't a Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by joshjc(m): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
keryj:
I have a question, at Olympics or this all African games, does a gold medal counts 22 for the winner as per number of the players or just one gold medal as per the game ( football) itself.

Sane answers please
no it's just a single medal it's only sports like swimming, Athletics and some others that you can have more than one medal in an event,(cause there are several categories),for examplePhelps in beljing Olympics won 8 gold medals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
keryj:

Sane answers please
Its just one, even though all the players including technical staff collect medal, the value represents one medal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by King204(m): 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
Una na SCAM!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by femi4: 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
That team and big belle coach aibogun iz good for nothing. The worst u20 team after Lookman Haruna's set

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by TruthinAction: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:
Contrary to permutations and expectations young Stallions of Burkina Faso Friday shocked the Flying Eagles 2-0 to clinch Gold in the finals of the Africa Games football event in Morocco.

Flying Eagles who had dispatched Mali 5-4 on penalties to hit the finals were tipped not necessarily to have a walk in the park against the Stallions in the final but to win the match even by a slight margin.

Coach of the side Paul Aigbogun had before the match challenged his boys not to give room for mistakes that could ruin the day.

Flying Eagles beat Mali 5-4 and lost to Burkina Faso 2-0
The result is thus an indication that all did not go according to plans or that they underrated their opponents who ran away with two goals scored in the first half of the encounter played at the Stade Moulay Hassan.

It was apparent that the junior Stallions were given two major instructions, go, get the goals and defend it to the finish!

With the two goals in the kitty of the stallions, efforts by Flying Eagles to turn the table proved abortive as the stallions held tenaciously and guarded their victory to the end .

Nigeria thus settled for Silver while the Stallions pocket the Gold.

Senegal had on Thursday beaten Mali 4-3 on penalty after the Bronze match ended goalless.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-flying-eagles-lose-golden-match-win-silver-in-rabat/

There is something wrong with the present football administration. A thorough investigation should be conducted otherwise it will get to the point where we may not qualify to play in any competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by Contri5: 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2019
vibre:
And people will be saying Paul Aigbogun is better than me, I coached my team to win our street football competition. I wonder why he can't win his own competition

noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat by slex(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
keryj:

Sane answers please

Would be counted as just 1 gold

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever / FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After / Calabar Stadium…eagles’ Slaughter Slab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.