Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? (17640 Views)

For Wow! Album/single Artworks, Logo Design, Cartoon Etc. Holla At Ur Boi!? / Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? / Wizkid's Holla At Your Boy Is A Total Rip Off! Listen To The Real Clip Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by pckid: 4:30am On Oct 26, 2010
It so happens Wizkid’s holla at your boy was not a total new thought-out or original effort. Wizkid sorta p-squared it. Is he as amazing as, www.questionmarkmag.com/2010/10/wizkid-may-not-be-as-amazing-as-the-hype-says/

Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2010
una don start to dey hate on the small boy, this pc kid sef, na today nigerian artists dey collect inspiration from yankee artists?? leave the boy alone pckid.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by lalaboi(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2010
hmmm
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dejiariyo1: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2010
I like the music is that why we are here,

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by nellaluv(f): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2010
Na wa and i tot the kid got talent. .
Totally Not Kool
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:19am On Oct 26, 2010
04kaa:

una don start to dey hate on the small boy, this pc kid sef, na today nigerian artists dey collect inspiration from yankee artists?? leave the boy alone pckid.
Lwkmd @ collecting inspiration
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 9:34am On Oct 26, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Lwkmd @ collecting inspiration

wow, this would be a big dent on his ego and image if it is true, is this not the same boy banky w is always hyping, its really e-m-easy, but i dont see a big deal in this cuz the boy sounds like sean kingston, even pype sounds like sean paul so wetin dey there, its normal for him to collect inspiration from a foreign artist and do copy and paste often. kaypumpin no laugh again o grin grin he is not the first nigerian artist to steal or collect inspiration from somebody, even jay-z bites annually from biggie grin am not saying it is right to steal o, but i dont see any thing wrong in collecting inspiration from those u look up to,
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by audio: 9:40am On Oct 26, 2010
The track is called GIRLS. It's by a korean artist named se7en. This is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRsILQP_O04&feature=related. I don't know how to post the video. He stole huge portions of Holla at your boy from this record. He even copied the same lyrics. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by tosinaded(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Kini big deal? na today yansh dan dey back?

Did any1 crucify saucekid 4 yebariba. .

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by tosinaded(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Kini big deal? na today yansh dan dey back?

Did any1 crucify saucekid 4 yebariba. .
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dammiecool(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2010
n banky w for ebute meta

baboontunde sample (rap tight)

p square not innocent.

leave dat boy alone o!!! O sha n sample ni a sha gbe sira won ni grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dawhizkid1(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2010
So them wan juzt spoil the boi shine, is this not same thing every other Untalented Naija artiste does.
P square na be the Ogbu na, Omoge Mi, Get Squared, Senorita, Temptation, Busy body, Throway, Am i still that special man,
Even 2face's If love is a crime is not Original, If a talented could do it, Wetin stop Wizkid, Even me sef dey do am
So make una leave the boy make him enjoy him shine.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by audio: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2010
Please, please, this is what's killing the industry in Nigeria. Small mindedness and people like you guys who talk without thinking. What you are basically saying, is that Wizkid can only blow in Nigeria. Have you stopped to think what will happen if Holla at your Boy becomes popular outside of Africa?
He will be sued to high heaven and his international career will be over before it starts. There's a big difference between stealing a harmony or something that sounds similar, to stealing the Harmony and LYRICS AS WELL.
If you're an artist, write your own song. Don't steal someone else's song that they worked hard for and shot video and featured Lil Kim on and then pass it off as your own original work. Or at least acknowledge the Se7en guy for his efforts.

Na wah for una.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Lentini1: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2010
This is just the typical Naija PHD (PULL HIM DOWN) Syndrome dat worries most Nigerians in the world. once dey see a fellow Nigerian making waves, dey tend to seek and destroy. What is new in someone sampling another artist beat/ song? (not that its right as well) many artist in the US do it day in day out including the big names in hip hop. dey sample old songs and make it theirs. For ur information, Whizkid's version is way better than the original despite having lil kim rap in the original. NIGERIANS LEARN TO APPRECIATE UR OWN PEOPLE. if this was Drake who did what Wizkid kid did you haters will be all over the dance floor at parties or clubs requesting his crappy song. Inferiority complex will kill una finish.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Genuflect(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2010
Let's cut the bullcrap. Wizkid stole some part of that song. I'm not even going to say whether it's wrong or not, I just hope it doesn't backfire
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by audio: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2010
Lentini1:

This is just the typical Naija PHD (PULL HIM DOWN) Syndrome dat worries most Nigerians in the world. once dey see a fellow Nigerian making waves, dey tend to seek and destroy. What is new in someone sampling another artist beat/ song? (not that its right as well) many artist in the US do it day in day out including the big names in hip hop. dey sample old songs and make it theirs. For your information, Whizkid's version is way better than the original despite having lil kim rap in the original. NIGERIANS LEARN TO APPRECIATE your OWN PEOPLE. if this was Drake who did what Wizkid kid did you haters will be all over the dance floor at parties or clubs requesting his crappy song. Inferiority complex will kill una finish.

Any small thing, they start calling hater this hater that. Sampling is nothing new, it's allowed, no one is disputing that. BUT YOU MUST OBTAIN CLEARANCE FROM THE ARTIST YOU'RE SAMPLING if you plan to sell you record legally abroad and avoid lawsuits.

Please talk intelligently. Now that this situation has been exposed. EME should work towards obtaining clearance from se7en for the portions of the song sampled/copied. The song is a good song, that can go far. It will be a shame for it to fall because of something like this.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by mykali(m): 11:37am On Oct 26, 2010
He stole the tune and the lyrics??

Why the Bleep??
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2010
audio
it is ok to use another beat and rap on it if it is a mixtape.
but stealing lines and not modifying it well, thats bad, but truth be told everyone gets inspiration from others, me personally i get inspiration from listening to notorious big.! so free the poor boy.!! people make mistakes, i remember notjustok.com crucifying ''smiley'' for making an ordinary cover, sampling and gettin inspiration from others are very common in global music these days.
i guess the wizkid boy has many enemies in the music circuit. if not i dont know why this should be a big deal.  haters are everywhere.nigerians sha
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dawhizkid1(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2010
audio:

Please, please, this is what's killing the industry in Nigeria. Small mindedness and people like you guys who talk without thinking. What you are basically saying, is that Wizkid can only blow in Nigeria. Have you stopped to think what will happen if Holla at your Boy becomes popular outside of Africa?
He will be sued to high heaven and his international career will be over before it starts. There's a big difference between stealing a harmony or something that sounds similar, to stealing the Harmony and LYRICS AS WELL.
If you're an artist, write your own song. Don't steal someone else's song that they worked hard for and shot video and featured Lil Kim on and then pass it off as your own original work. Or at least acknowledge the Se7en guy for his efforts.

Na wah for una.

Did you say the same thing for Banky W, Ebutemeta?
Did you say the same thing for Tuface, If love is a crime?
Did you say the same thing for OJB Jezreel, Searching
Did u say the same thing for P Square, Bizzy Body, Senorita, Temptation and a whole lot of them?

Didn't these song go beyond the nigerian borders?
So what are you saying, ?
Even if he get sued, na him start am?
I'm not tryna justify his doing it sha, i'm just saying some peeps are picking on him,
coz other peep have done worse and still get accolades from you lots,

BTW, I heard the small boy is acting all proud and haughty these days, so i guess this is one way to cool him down. hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by audio: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
04kaa:

audio
it is ok to use another beat and rap on it if it is a mixtape.
but stealing lines and not modifying it well, thats bad, but truth be told everyone gets inspiration from others, me personally i get inspiration from listening to notorious big.! so free the poor boy.!! people make mistakes, i remember notjustok.com crucifying ''smiley'' for making an ordinary cover, sampling and gettin inspiration from others are very common in global music these days.
i guess the wizkid boy has many enemies in the music circuit. if not i dont know why this should be a big deal. haters are everywhere.nigerians sha

Please stop all this hating and enemies talk now. It's too much. This forum is actually helping the guy. So if anyone doesn't talk like a Zombie, he is now a hater? This is quite bad.
It is a big deal because to make real money in the music business, you have to go international. It's a well established fact. You have to look at the big picture.
He can't even perform this song abroad, because if the se7en guys record company hear of it, they can shut the show down.
Please encourage originality. Inspiration and plagirism are not the same thing. Look at 9ice for example. The real deal. An artist i truely respect. |No photocopy.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
da-whizkid:

BTW, I heard the small boy is acting all proud and haughty these days, so i guess this is one way to cool him down. hehehe grin grin grin

i also heard this too, but all artists feel for people even their fans especially after the wande coal eye yansh opening incident
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
audio:

Please stop all this hating and enemies talk now. It's too much. This forum is actually helping the guy. So if anyone doesn't talk like a Zombie, he is now a hater? This is quite bad.
It is a big deal because to make real money in the music business, you have to go international. It's a well established fact. You have to look at the big picture.
He can't even perform this song abroad, because if the se7en guys record company hear of it, they can shut the show down.
Please encourage originality. Inspiration and plagirism are not the same thing. Look at 9ice for example. The real deal. An artist i truely respect. |No photocopy.

well audio i think u have a very very good point there, nigerian artists should be original, thats why i appreciate 9ice, photocopy ko easy grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dejiariyo1: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
who cares?
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Genuflect(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
da-whizkid:

Believe you me, this is the main reason a lotta dudes are antagonizing him. I guess ignoring old friends go a long way. No go use your padi catch trips o
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Slyr0x: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
Genuflect:

Believe you me, this is the main reason a lotta dudes are antagonizing him.

iBelieve so. The boy just dey use dem 9ja gurls form I-be-Star on twitter. Nywaiz, na him time jor. If una wan refer am to this thread http://twitter.com/#!/wizkidayo grin grin grin

iHope he doesn't come up wv a 'NLanders are destructive critics' video. . . grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by 04kaa: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
Genuflect:

Believe you me, this is the main reason a lotta dudes are antagonizing him. I guess ignoring old friends go a long way. No go use your padi catch trips o

abio genu, he just be like say make ofoka or frijos blow up now, make we come dey form A-list celebrity for genuflect ,streetwsie and krayola and co, people wey we start and hussle together, na eff up now, the wizkid boy should have learnt about managing stardom. i guess its a maturity issue ,maybe he is not matured enuff, thats why i like someone like vector, vec will never form A-list for u even tho he has blow up massively! my conclusion is the wiskid boy is not matured thats why he is forming for all his old school paddies which is why they want to see him soft pedal. na so life be sha. make people free the boy sha. he is not the first to do this and will not be the last grin  even jayz bites!!  camron even nicknamed jayz  swagger jacker, chiogo should know more about this grin

btw i think the message and moral in all this is for all naija artists or aspiring artist to be 100% original like mr audio pointed out
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by tosinaded(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
O4ka no dey deceive urself, u wil neva blow!
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Djswaggz(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Na fight or curse? LOL!!! abi im don offend u before? tongue tongue
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by chamotex(m): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

Ofoka na suicide bomber grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Slyr0x: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

[size=2pt]not if he has a d.ick in his mouth. . .iHope he doesnt see this.! grin grin[/size]
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by dawhizkid1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
tosinaded@:

Na Swear? ? ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tosin, U harsh O!
Re: Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? by Djswaggz(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Slyr0x:

[size=2pt]not if he has a manliness in his mouth. . .iHope he doesnt see this.! grin grin[/size]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MUSIC : Wizkid Ft. Jay Z – Legend / Asake - Only Me (official Video) / Download DJ. Khaled - I’m So Grateful Ft. Sizzla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.