Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues (1755 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / Apostle Suleman Praying In His Private Jet. Video Emerges (Photos) / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by judedwriter(m): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
Romans 8:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

When we pray in tongues it is actually the Holy Spirit interceding for us. I have been praying in tongues for awhile and here are 12 benefits i have realised from this glorious spiritual exercise:

1. Praying in tongues strengthens your spirit. It empowers your spirit to do exploits like Jesus.

2. Praying in tongues causes your spirit to grow to maturity. You become more like Jesus if you pray more in tongues.

3. Praying in tongues delivers you from stangnacy, demonic prisons , limitations and cages. It causes you to progress well in life.

4. Praying in tongues makes you perform at your very best. The Holy Spirit energizes your gifts and talents 100%.

5. Praying in tongues stops the attacks of the enemy in advance before they can be launched.

6. Praying in tongues causes you to have a deeper love for the Lord and for people.

7. Praying in tongues can help you understand and fulfill your purpose and destiny from God.

8. Praying in tongues will cause the miraculous and testimonies to be common in your life.

9. Praying in tongues brings rest and refreshing to your soul.

10. Praying in tongues fills your life with comfort, joy and peace of the Holy Spirit.

11. Praying in tongues helps you receive God's very best blessings and gifts for your life.

12. Praying in tongues fills you with boldness. You will become fearless.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
It's of the devil.

There's no such a thing as "praying or singing in tongues" in the Holy Bible.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Mandyoluchi(m): 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
The joy of a true Christian
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Preciousgirl(f): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
peteruuu:
It's of the devil.

I don't know what is wrong with some Christians
U just open ur mouth wide and talk

Say u can't speak in tongue, don't say it is not in the bible

3 Likes

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Preciousgirl:

I don't know what is wrong with some Christians
U just open ur mouth wide and talk

Say u can't speak in tongue, don't say it is not in the bible

It would have been better if you addressed this issue in a more polite manner sis.

Don't be deceived by what modern theologians have been preaching and teaching.
Praying in the Spirit IS NOT the same as praying in tongues!.

In all honesty, there's nothing like praying or singing in the tongues in the Holy Bible.

That you're getting "positive results" after your "praying in tongues" don't negate it that it's not biblical.

Don't forget the Bible said the devil can come as an Angel of light.

He carted away two-thirds of angels in Heaven.
And he's still doing so to te Christendom today.

I used to be someone like you UNTIL I got proper and full teachings (everything in the Bible) not some books wrote by any "spiritual man or woman" by them having "personal encounter from God or as the holy spirit revealed it to them" as they usually claim.

Everything we need from here to Glory is in the Bible.
We just need to "search the scriptures"
Not to "research"

Now, you can't search what you already know.
You search what you don't know.
That's just it sis.

I'm a believer of Jesus Christ, and I'm so sure you'll claim such too! And praise God for you & I.

If you don't mind, we can discuss further on it through mails.

But, if you don't want us to further the discussion, I'll understand smiley

May His coming gladen pur hearts.

Shalom to your soul!.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
peteruuu:
It would have been better if you addressed this issue in a more polite manner sis.

In all honesty, there's nothing like praying or singing in the tongues in the Holy Bible.

That you're getting "positive results" after your "praying in tongues" don't negate it that it's not biblical.

I used to be someone like you UNTIL I got proper and full teachings (everything in the Bible) not some books wrote by any "spiritual man or woman" by them having "personal encounter from God or as the holy spirit revealed it to them" as they usually claim.

Not to "research"

That's just it sis.

I'm a believer of Jesus Christ, and I'm so sure you'll claim such too! And praise God for you & I.

Shalom to your soul!.
research:
The systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
"as a noun; the group carries out research in geochemistry or as a verb; she has spent the last five years researching her people's history"

search:
Try to find something by looking or otherwise seeking carefully and thoroughly.
"I searched among the rocks, but there was nothing"
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
research:
The systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
"as a noun; the group carries out research in geochemistry or as a verb; she has spent the last five years researching her people's history"

search:
Try to find something by looking or otherwise seeking carefully and thoroughly.
"I searched among the rocks, but there was nothing"

Sir pls, what's your point?
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2019
peteruuu:
Sir pls, what's your point?
Nwanne, dear Sir, no cause for alarm, as you've probably noticed I liked your comments twice, and there have only provided the meaning and/or definitions of research and search because you typed "we just need to "search the scriptures" Not to "research"

I personally do carry out successful searches and researches on biblical issues of interest and if permitted can swear by both methods to be good and useful
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nwanne, dear Sir, no cause for alarm, as you've probably noticed I liked your comments twice, and there have only provided the meaning and/or definitions of research and search because you typed "we just need to "search the scriptures" Not to "research"

I personally do carry out successful searches and researches on biblical issues of interest and if permitted can swear by both methods to be good and useful

Well then, thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by UceeGod: 12:04am On Sep 03, 2019
This "speaking in tongues" of a thing has been abused today. A particular "fire prayer" branded church actually teach that it's a must to speak in tongue to show you're baptised in the Holy Ghost. How true is that?
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Circuit3: 12:46am On Sep 03, 2019
What is the purpose of speaking in tongues you do not know the meaning? Stop deceiving yourselves.

You speak in tongues(Saying Gibberish) that even you cannot say its the meaning, how does that help you? Until you know the meaning of what you are saying and someone else not related to you can go in spirit to translate what you are saying, my brother and sister, you are wasting your time.

Even the book of 1 Corinthians says that of what purpose is speaking in tongues when no one understand what you are saying? (means noise making)
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 03, 2019
It's also a confirmation of God presence, Saul's example.

It confuses the enemy
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Sep 03, 2019
Oluwadamilare118:

It confuses the enemy

Interesting

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by judedwriter(m): 7:17am On Sep 03, 2019
UceeGod:
This "speaking in tongues" of a thing has been abused today. A particular "fire prayer" branded church actually teach that it's a must to speak in tongue to show you're baptised in the Holy Ghost. How true is that?

Yes. The evidence that you are baptised in the Holy Spirit is the ability to speak or pray in tongues.
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by judedwriter(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2019
Oluwadamilare118:

It confuses the enemy

Yes. It confuses the enemy because the enemy cannot decipher your prayers. It causes us to have unhindered breakthroughs in the spirit realm.
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by StrikeBack(m): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2019
Anything that cannot help Nigeria grow is Nonsense to me.

Our goal should be focused on how to make things work in this country
Enough of all this religious Nonsense
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2019
peteruuu:
It's of the devil.

“For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.” 1 Corinthians 14:14

That bible verse renders everything you're saying above and below useless. Don't let Satan fool you, take advantage of it and watch your spiritual life enters the Next Level. Sit down, humble yourself and let the word penetrate your soul.

peteruuu:

Not to "research"

That's just it sis.

Shalom to your soul!.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by petra1(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2019
peteruuu:
It's of the devil.

How much of the bible have you read

1 Corinthians 14:15
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my understanding also; I will sing with my spirit, but I will sing with my understanding also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2019
petra1:

How much of the bible have you read

1 Corinthians 14:15
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my understanding also; I will sing with my spirit, but I will sing with my understanding also

So, tell me where it mentioned singing in "tongues" sir.

That's the problem at hand sir.

We know where Apostle Paul wrote "tongues" and we know where he wrote "sing with my spirit".

So, tell me whether he didn't know what he was writing or you'll tell me he actually meant " tongues" while writing "spirit".

The Bible is of no private interpretation, remember.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 7:56am On Sep 03, 2019
PROPHETmichael:

“For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.” 1 Corinthians 14:14

That bible verse renders everything you're saying above and below useless. Don't let Satan fool you, take advantage of it and watch your spiritual life enters the Next Level. Sit down, humble yourself and let the word penetrate your soul.

God bless you sir.
Thanks for the scripture.
To be spiritual is to be scriptural.

We definitely know what the tongue mean in the book of Acts of the apostle after the were filled with the Holy Ghost.
The Bible said they spoke in tongues and the people that was there was "hearing it in their own various languages".
Not all these foolish nonsense that people do all around and call it whatever they like.

Do you even know Paul said if there'll be speaking in tongues and there's no interpretation to it, that the new comers in church will say everyone is mad?

For you to speak in tongues, there must be interpretation sir!.

God bless you.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by PROPHETmichael: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2019
[quote author=peteruuu post=81870123][/quote]

You said and I quote, "There's no such a thing as "praying or singing in tongues" in the Holy Bible."

So all i did was to point to you where it says in the bible "praying in tongues". Meaning, you were wrong in the first place. For me to continue this conversation with you, you have to admit that there is actually praying in tongues in the bible from there I will break it down for you.
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by peteruuu(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2019
PROPHETmichael:

You said and I quote, "There's no such a thing as "praying or singing in tongues" in the Holy Bible."

So all i did was to point to you where it says in the bible "praying in tongues". Meaning, you were wrong in the first place. For me to continue this conversation with you, you have to admit that there is actually praying in tongues in the bible from there I will break it down for you.
Smh.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2019
judedwriter:

Yes. It confuses the enemy because the enemy cannot decipher your prayers. It causes us to have unhindered breakthroughs in the spirit realm.

Thank you!
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by UceeGod: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2019
judedwriter:

Yes. The evidence that you are baptised in the Holy Spirit is the ability to speak or pray in tongues.
THE evidence or AN evidence, do you realize speaking in tongues is a gift just like any other? What makes you think it's a must to speak in tongues to show you're baptized in the Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by judedwriter(m): 6:46am On Sep 04, 2019
UceeGod:

THE evidence or AN evidence, do you realize speaking in tongues is a gift just like any other? What makes you think it's a must to speak in tongues to show you're baptized in the Holy Spirit?

Acts 2! The early church received the Holy Spirit baptism and spoke in tongues as evidence.
Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by petra1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
peteruuu:

So, tell me where it mentioned singing in "tongues" sir.

That's the problem at hand sir.

We know where Apostle Paul wrote "tongues" and we know where he wrote "sing with my spirit".

So, tell me whether he didn't know what he was writing or you'll tell me he actually meant " tongues" while writing "spirit".

The Bible is of no private interpretation, remember.

Shalom.

If you read in context you will see clearly that praying in the spirit and praying in tongues were used interchangeably. Same goes for singing in the spirit. This is simple common sense

1Co 14:15 — 1Co 14:17
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
judedwriter:

people who reason like this is why christianity in Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by UceeGod: 12:19am On Sep 07, 2019
judedwriter:

Acts 2! The early church received the Holy Spirit baptism and spoke in tongues as evidence.
Hmmn, you people make a mockery of Christianity because you have refused to allow the Holy Spirit minister to you when you study the Bible or you've even refused to study your Bible at all.
What happened in Acts 2 was a significant event which marked the beginning of the New Testament - the coming of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Verse 4 says they were filled (NOT BAPTIZED) and they spoke in other languages as enabled by the Spirit. The languages they spoke were well understood by the people (foreigners) around them, they didn't speak gibberish like what we hear people utter nowadays in the name of "speaking in tongues".
Everything that happened that day was significant (1 Corinthians 14:22) and doesn't mean anyone who receives the Holy Spirit MUST act likewise afterwards. The gift of speaking in tongues like other spiritual gifts is not for everyone (1 Corinthians 12:10). Speaking in spiritual language (which no one but the Spirit understands) shouldn't be done in a congregation (1 Corinthians 14:2) but speaking in other known languages can be done in a gathering but one at a time and there must be an interpreter (1 Corinthians 14:27,28), NOT THE TYPE OF SENSELESS CONFUSION THAT WE SEE IN TODAY'S CHURCHES.

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by UceeGod: 12:19am On Sep 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by wickedtuna: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
judedwriter:

A mans mind is his own enemy.

(1) (Reply)

Grooming (microfinance Bank) Empowerment Or Enslavement / To Which Of The Angels Did YHVH Ever Say, "You Are My Son; Today I Have Become Y / ISLAM IS AN EVIL RELIGION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.