Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Stop The Fatal Testimony Of Shaming In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop The Fatal Testimony Of Shaming In The Church (276 Views)

Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Share Your Testimony Of Year 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Fatal Testimony Of Shaming In The Church by Dasgoro: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
*STOP THIS FATAL TESTIMONY OF SHAMING IN THE CHURCH*⛪

In 1999, still as a young believer I learnt a profound lesson :

There was this day on my way to meeting up an engagement, while waiting to cross the road, a bus drove so close to the side walk that it tires ran over my foot.

Experiencing this, I wondered why a believer as myself, faithful in the things of God, should suffer such unfortunate event.

It wasn't long that I read the sufferings of Paul...

2 Corinthians 11:24-25, 28-29 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?

*I also had the opportunity to read the response of Jesus to the petitions of Paul....*

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

*Brethren, there is this demonic teaching gaining grounds in Christianity, though not from God...*

John 8:10
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

This teaching states *"IF A VENTURE DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, IT MEANS YOU DON'T HAVE FAITH"*

This has brought the testimony of shaming to the church, whereby people hide their struggles and celebrate their successes.

It is so bad that some believers frequently change their local place of worship, or stop attending church services outrightly, because of the drought of positive or presence of negative testimonies in their lives.

As a result of this, we are seeing even in our midst, depression, fear, insecurities, despair and lately sometimes suicide.

The Church is to be the hospital for the broken, factory of processing raw materials... not the showroom of the finished goods.

*Jesus said....*

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Many issues in marriages have gone worse, singlehood has become taboo, lack of livelihood a path to depression, because most narrative of the church today has become sensual and earthly.

Trusting of the Church by the wounded have gradually been eroded... We relate to brethren now, either by their fame or shame.

*God's kingdom is fashioned to be established on spiritual, and not the physical things*

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Faith is trusting and believing in God, thus... *His foreknowledge, creation, predestination, and destiny purposes for you.* What this means is that, only God knows who is truly fulfilling the purposes for which (s)he was created.

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

*We can see in Hebrews 11, some of the testimonies of faith. It is said that Abraham, with Isaac and Jacob died seeking and not even receiving...*

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

For you that think have supposedly, failed in marriage, academics, career, relationship, even in raising your children... I say to you don't give up on God... He will never leave or forsake you on the issue.

Proverbs 24:16
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

God is always looking for who to lift up, no matter the dept of the dungeon they are in... For those that come to God must know He rewards diligence.

2 Corinthians 4:7-10 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

*Disconnect from those that remind you of your failures, and cleave to those that encourage you... You will succeed.*

Brethren, succeeding for you is not a question of IF, it is a matter of WHEN.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

With Christ Jesus, all God's promises to us is yes, and will surely manifest.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Ministers of the gospel, let us renew, transform our messages by going back to searching deeper God's word... Jesus came to be a physician... Ministry is about meeting needs... Let us stop accusing the brethren.

Everyone's issue is the same, they all came as a result of sin in the garden... We all have the same enemy... satan

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

*For you that think it is impossible... My prayer is, YOU WILL ENCOUNTER THE ONE WITH WHOM ALL WILL BE POSSIBLE IN JESUS NAME.AMEN*��

And may I be privileged to hear this testimony.

*Brethren It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN*

GODSPEED AND GOD BLESS

Sade Iyare©

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

XENOPHOBIA: Anambra Prophet Threatens To Bring Down South Africa (video) / Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel / An Open Letter To Dr. Sunday Adelaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.