Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

“My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady (38309 Views)

Xenophobia: Criminals Burn Police Van at Shoprite Osapa Mall, Lekki / Landing Equipment Stolen At Benin Airport Days After Purchase / Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by owila4luv(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
As long as dine with south africans for now u are an enemy of Nigerians. A friend of my enemy is my enemy. shikina!!! cool cool
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by gaventa: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Xenophobia Morning Brief

So, Nigerians have been attacking stores owned by South Africans in Nigeria and people are attacking them for it.

While these acts should be condemned, the narrative that Nigerians own these South African companies under franchise is an absolute lie.

Shoprite

The South African chain store is owned 100% by South Africa parent company and does not have any Nigerian as owner. What they do is approach the owner of a Mall (like Ikeja city Mall) and rent a space for their products. These products are sourced from local suppliers and foreign suppliers. However, once a local supplier delivers the goods to Shoprite, Shoprite is responsible for the safety of the goods and MUST pay the supplier should anything happen to the goods. So Nigerians are not affected.

However, the entire Mall is not owned by Shoprite, just the Shoprite store in the Mall.

MTN Nigeria

MTN Nigeria is not owned by Nigerians in whole. In fact, 85% of MTN Nigeria is directly owned by the South African company. MTN parent company own 76% while Stanbic IBTC (also South African) own 9%. The remaining are shared across many other organizations, including MTN cooperative society.

When MTN listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the shareholders refused to let go of their shares for public purchase.

DSTV Nigeria

DSTV Nigeria is a franchise owned by Mr. Ogunsanya of Multichoice. However, all revenues of the company go to South Africa while DSTV Nigeria only submits quarterly budgets to run the DSTV Nigeria to South Africa. The only way DSTV Nigeria gets paid is in the area of selling decoders, dish installation and others.

This is not to promote violent but merely a piece of information.
emae009:

you haven't answered my one question. how do you stop a business from sharing it's profit. No foreign company can operate in Nigeria. Every foreign companies must have a Nigerian base. The MTN your talking about is MTN Nigeria. it doesn't concern South Africans it affects Nigeria. your solution to the problem is saying cut your hand because you broke it in an accident. you're only hurting yourself. Do you know how many bilateral agreement Nigeria has with South Africa? Recalling your ambassador and sending the High Commissioner of South Africa away is seen as a declaration of war.
Calm down your anger and think about the common Nigerians you're actions is going to hurt. Your current course of actions may or may not lead to war and nobody wins in war
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by emae009(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
I now understand you don’t even care about the lame man who doesn’t have an idea of how the relationship works. Let’s talk like grassroots Nigerians. The average uneducated tout doesn’t care about all what you are saying. They have killed Nigerians and you say we should talk about WAR. You remember what happened during Obasanjo a tenured with Zambia when some soldiers were killed. You know how they apologized immediately after obj took actions. Brother, the violent has to take it by force. There are times the approach as to be physical. MTN Nigeria or south Africa, MTN is a SA company UBA UK is a Nigerian company take it or leave it. I don’t care about how it affects us but let a message Be passed that we are not fools and We are capable of bringing out the worst if need be.

bro you funny. I don't care about the layman but you're the one that's advocating that their source of livelihood be shutdown all in the name of retaliation. how do you contradict yourself and not see it?? how??
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by emae009(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
Xenophobia Morning Brief

So, Nigerians have been attacking stores owned by South Africans in Nigeria and people are attacking them for it.

While these acts should be condemned, the narrative that Nigerians own these South African companies under franchise is an absolute lie.

Shoprite

The South African chain store is owned 100% by South Africa parent company and does not have any Nigerian as owner. What they do is approach the owner of a Mall (like Ikeja city Mall) and rent a space for their products. These products are sourced from local suppliers and foreign suppliers. However, once a local supplier delivers the goods to Shoprite, Shoprite is responsible for the safety of the goods and MUST pay the supplier should anything happen to the goods. So Nigerians are not affected.

However, the entire Mall is not owned by Shoprite, just the Shoprite store in the Mall.

MTN Nigeria

MTN Nigeria is not owned by Nigerians in whole. In fact, 85% of MTN Nigeria is directly owned by the South African company. MTN parent company own 76% while Stanbic IBTC (also South African) own 9%. The remaining are shared across many other organizations, including MTN cooperative society.

When MTN listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the shareholders refused to let go of their shares for public purchase.

DSTV Nigeria

DSTV Nigeria is a franchise owned by Mr. Ogunsanya of Multichoice. However, all revenues of the company go to South Africa while DSTV Nigeria only submits quarterly budgets to run the DSTV Nigeria to South Africa. The only way DSTV Nigeria gets paid is in the area of selling decoders, dish installation and others.

This is not to promote violent but merely a piece of information.

you clearly like beating around the bush. First SHOPRITE buys from local suppliers. when you shutdown SHOPRITE what happens to the local suppliers?? SHOPRITE exist in other African countries. Secondly, you shutdown MTN Nigeria. what happens to their Nigerian workers and those that have affiliate business with them?? MTN still exist in other African countries. Thirdly, MULTICHOICE is shutdown, what happens to their Nigerian workers and those with affiliate business with them? these are all Nigerians that you'll be making to suffer because you're defending Nigerians. if you don't see the irony in this I can't help it anymore. you're fighting for your brother by killing your brother.
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by gaventa: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
When fighting for a cause bro empathy is not to be considered. South Africans burn down buildings owned by their brothers just because they are tired of foreigners. Can you eat your cake and have it. You are ready to pass a message this delicate to foreign investors and you talk about people who have jobs, which is more important the lives of foreigners or the jobs of those of us here Other countries are doing same don’t you see that is the ink approach? The government should be proactive next time. You don’t blame the mob for taking advantage of the sluggish and incompetence attitude of the government towards the whole incident. Thugs, touts and urchins don’t know or care who owns what, they just want to rob and blame them not it all falls back to a bad economy. We shouldn’t worry about the symptoms rather we should attach importance to to the disease. The government is the latter while the mob is the former and the former shows when you have the latter which is the government. #FIXTHEDISEASE
emae009:

you clearly like beating around the bush. First SHOPRITE buys from local suppliers. when you shutdown SHOPRITE what happens to the local suppliers?? SHOPRITE exist in other African countries. Secondly, you shutdown MTN Nigeria. what happens to their Nigerian workers and those that have affiliate business with them?? MTN still exist in other African countries. Thirdly, MULTICHOICE is shutdown, what happens to their Nigerian workers and those with affiliate business with them? these are all Nigerians that you'll be making to suffer because you're defending Nigerians. if you don't see the irony in this I can't help it anymore. you're fighting for your brother by killing your brother.
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by gaventa: 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
It’s not about contradicting from the way you speak you are clearly saying the lives lost is not as important as the jobs we should keep. So disheartening
emae009:

bro you funny. I don't care about the layman but you're the one that's advocating that their source of livelihood be shutdown all in the name of retaliation. how do you contradict yourself and not see it?? how??
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by emae009(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
It’s not about contradicting from the way you speak you are clearly saying the lives lost is not as important as the jobs we should keep. So disheartening

yeah... I can get where you're coming from but if you read back on my comments you'll see where I said Nigerians should rather block or shut down Embassies and government houses than make other Nigerians suffer
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by emae009(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
When fighting for a cause bro empathy is not to be considered. South Africans burn down buildings owned by their brothers just because they are tired of foreigners. Can you eat your cake and have it. You are ready to pass a message this delicate to foreign investors and you talk about people who have jobs, which is more important the lives of foreigners or the jobs of those of us here Other countries are doing same don’t you see that is the ink approach? The government should be proactive next time. You don’t blame the mob for taking advantage of the sluggish and incompetence attitude of the government towards the whole incident. Thugs, touts and urchins don’t know or care who owns what, they just want to rob and blame them not it all falls back to a bad economy. We shouldn’t worry about the symptoms rather we should attach importance to to the disease. The government is the latter while the mob is the former and the former shows when you have the latter which is the government. #FIXTHEDISEASE

sometimes you make sense other times you don't. So when you burn down MTN, SHOPRITE & MULTICHOICE the government will suddenly change like the National assembly will stop collecting fat cheques or the government will stop collecting kickbacks from contract they award because you burn down buildings? Worst case scenario they'll jail the people that spearhead the destruction of these properties or look for something else to divert the attention of the youths. When other countries wanted a change in government they didn't burn down people's business. the grab the government by the loin

1 Like

Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by gaventa: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
I am not sure you are following the news, did you even notice the steps taken but the FG now that they knows Nigerians have gone bizzare. For years we have been mature with our responses but where does it lead us and just one reprisal attack now they are responding Immediately, I am concerned about Xenophobia not corruption bro
emae009:

sometimes you make sense other times you don't. So when you burn down MTN, SHOPRITE & MULTICHOICE the government will suddenly change like the National assembly will stop collecting fat cheques or the government will stop collecting kickbacks from contract they award because you burn down buildings? Worst case scenario they'll jail the people that spearhead the destruction of these properties or look for something else to divert the attention of the youths. When other countries wanted a change in government they didn't burn down people's business. the grab the government by the loin
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by gaventa: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
We can’t get to the embassies and government house bro lets get to where we can.
emae009:

yeah... I can get where you're coming from but if you read back on my comments you'll see where I said Nigerians should rather block or shut down Embassies and government houses than make other Nigerians suffer
Re: “My Goods Worth Millions Has Been Stolen At Novare Mall, Lekki ” - Nigerian Lady by alphaNomega: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I knew thieves will mount on this situation to steal

Just as murderers took advantage of the boko haram crisis to kill and kidnap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landlord Sets Tenant Ablaze In Lagos (Pictured) / Policeman Shoots Abia Revenue Officials, Kills One (Photos) / DSS Reveals Top Kidnappers Arrested In 2017 - Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.