Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? (775 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by bashydemy(m): 4:39am On Oct 27, 2010
Everyone seems to enjoy Bible verses that are pleasant and make you feel good, but there are plenty of Bible verses that don't make a lot of sense and often create frustration for those who read them. I've never given it much thought, but what if there are actually Bible verses that are wrong?

If one Bible verse is wrong, would there be other Bible verses that would be wrong also? There are plenty of Bible verses that suggest evil doings like murder and killing in the Old Testament. It seems like the God of the Old Testament accepted these killings as long as people were doing it in his name. Try to make some sense out of that one

The God of the Old Testament was a complete different God. Jesus talked about loving our neighbors and loving our enemies. Does this mean that only God can tell us who to kill or can God instruct other man to tell us who to kill? If one Bible verse says that we should do one thing and another Bible verse is telling us to do the opposite things, which ones are we going to believe.

I don't want to sound like I'm ruining everyone's party, but when are we going to start paying attention to the Bibles verses that don't serve mankind in a positive way. When are we truly going to start looking at the Bible as a book, instead of something that was written by a superior entity that created the world?

I've got some bad news for people who believe that the Bible is the written word of God. It just might not be, what you think it is. It could have actually been written by a few men, many centuries ago. I'm not telling you to quit believing everything that you have learned up to this point, I'm asking you to start educating yourself about the origins of the Bible and early Christianity.

I challenge you to prove that I'm wrong. This stuff could change your life, like it changed mine.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gregory_Vanden_Berge
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by Image123(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2010
Your question sounds more ridiculous than asking 'what if i don't really exist?'
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by bashydemy(m): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2010
and am putting this to you what if you dont Actually exist
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by Joagbaje(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2010
@bash-deny
Why not quote out such scriptures let's see what they say.
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2010
Bookmarked!!!
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by KunleOshob(m): 9:01am On Oct 27, 2010
Subscribing  grin

Meanwhile i would give the best definition of the bible generally accepted by top theologians and the catholic church that compiled the books of the bible.
The bible is described as "The word of God written in the understanding of man" this definition is contrary to those who say it is the inerrant word of God thereby falsely removing the human element and influence in the bible. Also some meanings and interpretations have been distorted through translation errors from the original texts to the english and other languages. That is apart from the fact that there is even a statement by God in the bible that the scriptures [bible] has been twisted by fraudulent scribes.

Jeremiah 8:8-10:
8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
      when your scribes have[b] twisted it by writing lies[/b]?

So it is dangerous to described the bible as the innerrant word of God becos God Never said it was on the contrary there is a claim in the same bible that fraudulent scribes have twisted scriptures. That notwithstanding i find the bible as a invaluable tool to know and understand the will of God whilst allowing the holy spirit to lead me in using it. Jesus promise was that he would send the holy spirit to guide us after his acension, he never promised us a bible that would be his inerrant word. My approach as a christian is to use the principles inherent in the teachiings of Christ and use it as a guide in guiding my christian life. People have been know to known to use verses in the old testemnt of the bible to justify their evil deeds and we all know this is wrong even thoug it is justifed in the old testament.

I know some of my christian brethen like image123 are going to attack me for daring to claim that the bible is not the undiluted word of God, but i urge them that to instead of attack they should show or prove to me how it is 100% divine instead of resorting to personal attacks and insults.
Re: What If There Are Bible Verses That Are Wrong? by bashydemy(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2010
@kunle if truly you are Xtian as you said then you sound like a role model just that i can never be a xtain maybe world after but i like your response and you make me really happy about my thread unlike some who wont say the true and i always believe in the post with Evidence i am the author i get is from a certain website and i provide the link in other to watch my self clear off it but i believe its a good ideal to put it on here to enlighten us more about life in general Kudus to you for saying the truth

(1) (Reply)

Technological Innovation Is It Through Withcraft / Only In Nigeria:protest As Monarch Orders Closure Of Church For Three Months / Interesting Photo of Muslims and Christians chanting “We are One” in Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.