Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria (13401 Views)

I Am An Actor From Ghana , Not A Ghanaian Actor- Majid Michel - / Ghanaian Actor, Eddie Coffie, Is Dead / Ghanaian Actor Van Vicker! Hot Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2010
PetroDolla:

What the heck.Some of you guys are incredibly pathetic!

I keep hearing about how Nigerian helps or helped Ghana, bla bla.Can anyone tell me what this 'help' is all about? I am not talking about beer parlour gist-which is what most of you engage in here on this forum. I am talking about officially confirmed 'help' that Nigeria has extended to Ghana-except you want to count the mass deportation of Ghanaians and other West Africans on two ocassions in the 80s or the selective targeting of Ghanaians living in Nigeria.
I am simply curious to know,
dude check out some of these link:
Masari Justifies $45m Loan to Ghana, São Tomé :http://allafrica.com/stories/200409230152.html
Nigeria to Probe N1.8bn Loan to Ghana :http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=22315
Nigeria grants Ghana $40 Million loan:http://www.modernghana.com/news/60030/1/nigeria-grants-ghana-40-million-loan.html
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by PetroDolla: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2010
Omo_Tier

Let me say here that some of these so-called loans are very fictitious. Corrupt Nigerian officials make such claims to siphon money from the national treasury, or justify their deceit and corruption.

Let me tell you what I know. Ghana bought some cars from PAN for its police during the Obasanjo regime. The Nigerian government offered an export credit facility to facilitate the deal. Now this arrangement is very common in international trade- and that explains why most trade-oriented countries have export/import banks. The whole idea is to sweeten the deal and make the merchandise/service more attractive to potential buyers. For example, the US Export/Import Bank can advance credit to clients to buy American products-and these apply strictly to American products. In the case of Ghana, the government may not ordinarily buy from PAN, but the fact that the Nigerian government provided a credit guarantees may have weighed considerably in arriving at a decision. I insist there is no big deal with this particular transaction. The implication is that the Nigerian government either provided guarantees or advanced credit for a transaction that clearly will benefit the Nigerian economy.

I also know the Nigerian government funded some part of the West Africa Gas project, which the Ghana govt should have paid for. Again I need to explain that the WAGP is in Nigeria’s interest because the country stands to earn substantial revenue from selling gas to Ghana and other West African countries.

Don’t swallow everything the Nigerian media feed you. You know very well it is not that easy to take your country’s money and give it to another country like that when your own country desperately needs funds to tackle its numerous problems. Unless of course you are screwed up,
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 11:13am On Oct 29, 2010
Petrodolla lol thanx for putting things right,
omo-tori, wht has GDP got to do wit this thread?, shocked
go ahead and eat ur GDP when ur people are still facing power outages, when most of ur peeps are suffering, when corruption is still having a blast, ur leaders have u right where they want u boy grin u'v done well boy go ahead, SMH!

in the end these Ghanaian and Nigerian actors/actresses are still making movies togetha so whtz ur beef?
this is an example boy, A Ghanaian movie starring a Nigerian actress, its happening and u can't do isshh abt it

Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2010
@PetroDollar,
Do I sound like a daft person that would carry out research + contacts on issues? I have i on reliable information on the loans/Grants Nigeria has provided for countries such as Ghana under the so called Mutual assistance pact!

"Don’t swallow everything the Nigerian media feed you. You know very well it is not that easy to take your country’s money and give it to another country like that when your own country desperately needs funds to tackle its numerous problems. Unless of course you are screwed up"
I find that comment very funny and naive indeed! If you do not know, I would recommend that you go and study the budget of Nigeria since 1999 and find out how much Nigeria earmarks every year for these so called loas/grants. As for your claims that Nigeria despirately needs funds to tackle her numerous problems, you must be kidding! Our problem is not FUNDS. Nigeria is very very liquid and our problem is putting in place good leadership to structurally manage the liquidity and turn the economy around so that the bast majority can live comfortably. Did it even occur to you that the country you claimed lack funds raised 75% of her budget needs for the year within 7-8 months in 2010 while much of the world is struggling from economic recession? Go read up the last issue report from Feeral Inland Revenue Service ( FIRS). Do not misconstrue the clamour for PPP projects to mean Nigeria govt is short of funds, rather such approach is best viewed as a viable solution to not only get infrasctructure in place but also, encourage sustainability ( which is one area Nigeria is lacking). FYI, only last week, Nigeria's House representative threw out Mr. President's request to borrow $4bn from IMF and they gave the govt. very god reasons why they think such borrowing was unwarranted in the first place.

As for Ghana, it is a known fact that she can only meet 50% of her 2010 budget and unlikely to meet 50% of her projected 2011 budget projects, hence the warning from international agency two weeks ago that Ghana's economy might suffer long time debt repayment if the present govt continue with her ambitious reforms and MASSIVE borrowing. Do I suddenly believe all of the international agencies report because the report is based on  Ghana, certainly not, however like I always say (with these agencies), there is always an element of truth in their report(s), but their weakness is that they always hype their findings to justify their report!
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
otumfour:

Petrodolla lol thanx for putting things right,
omo-tori, wht has GDP got to do wit this thread?, shocked
go ahead and eat your GDP when your people are still facing power outages, when most of your peeps are suffering, when corruption is still having a blast, your leaders have u right where they want u boy grin u'v done well boy go ahead, SMH!
in the end these Ghanaian and Nigerian actors/actresses are still making movies togetha so whtz your beef?
this is an example boy, A Ghanaian movie starring a Nigerian actress, its happening and u can't do isshh abt it
dude, I know most Ghanaians are into construction (hence the reason Nigeria bankers dominate your landscape) as such you may not see the link between a countries GDP and your nonsensical govt idea of putting forward obnoxious economic policy. As for corruption, have you asked your President how much T.B Joshua gets as monthly stipends? I am gald that Nigeria is going through this face 'cos now we are seeing our sworn enemies, and by the time we would finally sort out infighting and corruption out, those sworn enemies would be our foot stool.

FYI, a Nigeriam starring in a Ghanian movie is meaningless 'cos Ghana movies today have no market in Nigeria (maybe they were in the past but certainly not today), hence the producer of that movie is only using the Nigerian actress to buy into the Ghanian market which have been completely taken over by Nigeria movies. Again, I repeat, Ghana should know where she stands in the comity of nations and she should stop flexing muscles with Nigeria. Yes we have our problems numerous I hear you say, but it is on record that as a country, we have never set out to be aggressive to any other country and our govt does not promote xenophobia like your current bigot Ghana govt does!

Any by the way, you smell like a Ghanian with inferiority complex, ( well atleast most of them I know in the UK act that way) and if that is the case, can you kindly leave NL for Nigerians and those who cheris diversity, unlike Ghanians! Atleast if you had the brainto enage in xenophobia, you should also have the brain to create good forums like NairaLand!! (Expired wuk u wuku)
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin he juz hit me wit tht "leave nairaland" comment, ain' u gurly
"Nairaland Forum: Home Of Nigerians And Friends Of Nigeria. Welcome!"
since when did SEUN become your papa? tht u wanna start sacking people lol grin u grown backside fat belly man calling seun your papa, betta shut your mof der and stop tlkn nonsense
all tha crap u tlkn has bin said ova and ova again here by u and your ilk, I mean how do u turn an entertainment news into politics?, unless u got issues (juz like u displaying here)
am I tired of going ova this cuz in the end its gonna come down to insults, so take this from young Otumfour, shut up old man, ain' got time to be trading insults, If u wanna advice Nigerians on Ghanaians try Jonathans facebook page, besides I promised Jenny Kadri I won't insult bad Nigerians anymore grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in your own words >>(expired wuk u wuku)

Omo_Tier1:

As for Ghana, it is a known fact that she can only meet 50% of her 2010 budget and unlikely to meet 50% of her projected 2011 budget projects, hence the warning from international agency two weeks ago that Ghana's economy might suffer long time debt repayment if the present govt continue with her ambitious reforms and MASSIVE borrowing. Do I suddenly believe all of the international agencies report because the report is based on  Ghana, certainly not, however like I always say (with these agencies), there is always an element of truth in their report(s), but their weakness is that they always hype their findings to justify their report!

So u wud believe this too right?,

Ghana shows African nations can meet millennium goals
17 Sep 2010 10:46:00 GMT
Written by: George Fominyen

DAKAR (AlertNet) - Ghana's success as the only African country to have met most of the U.N. targets on poverty and hunger should inspire its neighbours on the continent whose progress on the Millennium Development Goals has so far been slow, experts say.
According to government and U.N. figures, the West African country reduced the proportion of people suffering from hunger by three quarters between 1990 and 2004 and halved the share of citizens living on less than $1.25 a day between 1991 and 2006 - a stellar performance well ahead of the global deadline for achieving the eight goals in 2015.
The country is also on track to attain primary education for all children and gender parity in all levels of education as set out in the MDGs.
(Click here for a graphic on Ghana's MDG progress)
"Ghana has witnessed a relative economic boom and the government made use of that to effect policies to reach the poor," said Mamadou Biteye, Oxfam's director for West Africa.
Programmes to develop agriculture, industry, mining, and electricity networks in rural areas, provide small loans to the poor, create jobs and improve nutrition have all helped cut the levels of hunger, child malnutrition and poverty in communities across Ghana.
"Ghana has shown the possibilities for dramatic progress in tackling hunger and poverty," aid agency ActionAid said in a report entitled "Who's Really Fighting Hunger?".
Some analysts sounded a note of caution though, saying that Ghana's overall success hides some inequalities on the ground.
"Such glowing figures of progress are not glowing for everyone," Oxfam's Biteye told AlertNet.
Despite the decline in poverty nationally, the remaining pockets of destitution disproportionately affect some regions, women and people in certain types of employment. Moreover, in some areas of the country high levels of poverty persist, particularly in the three northern regions that are home to more than 70 percent of extremely poor Ghanaians.
"A better distribution of the benefits of (economic) growth through safety nets for the most vulnerable is what is needed from successful countries like Ghana," Biteye said.
ActionAid added that Ghana's government must do more to protect the land rights of small-holder farmers and help them adapt to climate change, as well as increase overall spending on small-scale agriculture which is vital for eradicating hunger.
But the environment for achieving the MDGs remains right in Ghana thanks to the so-called "social protection" programmes set up by the government, for example monthly cash transfers for extremely poor families, a national health insurance scheme and free school meals which encourages more children to enrol, boosts attendance and improves children's health.
"If the political will is there, I think it is possible and realistic to meet the MDGs in sub-Saharan Africa with the knowledge and resources available," Biteye concluded.
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by Ecash1: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
This need to stop,it is degenerating to fast,why all this?.There is no civilization palpable between the two parties.
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by Msgrt: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
Who get mouf make yan
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by PetroDolla: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
Omo_Tier1 or whatever you call yourself. Who cares if Nigeria has all the money in the world and is still deluded by the -"money is not our problem,but how to spend" mentality of Gowon? Enjoy your 'wealth' and 'prosperity'

I have come across some bizarre commentaries over the years. I give you one example. A few years ago,the female national team of Ghana played a crucial game in Abuja against the Nigerian team for Africa's sole ticket to the Olympic games in Beijing. This was a match Nigeria needed to win to qualify while Ghana needed a draw. A group of Ghanaian supporters travelled to Abuja to cheer their team. They arrived shortly after the game started and took up position down the stand where I was seated. Of course they came with drums and all the paraphernalia of a supporters club. The stadium was almost empty, by the way. As soon they hoisted their banner and started hitting their drums, some Nigerians fans started throwing missiles at them. I asked one of those Nigerians fans why they will not allow the Ghanaians to sit where they had chosen to sit since the stadium was virtually empty and they were not obstructing anybody. Their reply was that Nigeria supplies free crude oil to Ghana and yet the Ghanaian authorities will not allow Nigerian traders to operate their shops in Ghana.

I am not aware Nigeria is in the habit of supplying free oil to countries. I reckon the national assembly will impeach any president who tries that. This particular incident happened a few days after the Lagos-based Guardian newspaper had published a rather parochial editorial making all sorts of outlandish claims. That explains why I cautioned against taking everything the news media spew out seriously.
Re: John Dumelo(ghanaian Actor) Arrested In Nigeria by kabna(m): 4:00am On Mar 24, 2011
there is something about some nigerians, very ignorant yet arrogantly foolish enough to be assertive. everyone who argues using statistics that he/she i mean your country has not got authority over is really pathetic. the west have got us wher they want. they decide who is developed or not by just manipulating figures. well the smart nigerian thinks yep am rich based on figures, hmm do they really translate into development, infact are they actually truthful or manipulative? whiles the majority of the population languishes in underdevelopment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures From Joseph Benjamin’s Birthday / Was Pastor Ajanaku Really An Ogboni Cultists? / Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.