Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. (13399 Views)

Emeka Ike’s Wife Files For Divorce Over Constant Beating - Naijagists.com / Why Comedienne Princess Marriage Crashed / Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by virusdacramil(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2011
Q: Did u hear d gist making d rounds dat a lady in Abuja just delivered twins for ur husband?
A: Yes I did
Q: Rumor has it that 9ice went into that affair because you went into a new relationship, how true is that?
A; That is not true, he has been in that relationship before we separated. In fact the day I found out about it, I confronted her over the phone and she reported me to him. He came to fight me because of that and later called his parents (Alhaji Azeez Akande, Tawa Oshodi) to come and pack me and my son out of the house.
Q: Some ave alleged dat she was d one who broke ur marriage. Is this true?
A: yes she was the main reason along with issues with his family. All that ruggedman story was rubbish, I'm not even attracted to ruggedman cos he is like a brother to me. Aside that, his manager was feeding his parents false stories about me cos he wanted me out of the picture cos he thot I wanted his job and also his brother Dr Wale Akande convinced them I was after his property because I stopped d brother from continuing with building our house after noticing some monies where unaccounted for. Mind you I met my husband when he was struggling, none of his family members sent him then. We were staying in my family house and his apt with Jahbless in Ikorodu and I loved him regardless, so what property could I have been after? I toiled night and day with him so why would I want to cheat him. The parents would come to the house to fight me, yelling curses, trying to frustrate me out of the house, the mother tore my dress one day and I ran for mine and my sons safety. This caused a lot of tension in our relationship but instead of him to stand by me he ran to another woman.
Q: What was ur reaction to the twins news wen you heard it? Were u angry? Did u call him to ask about that news of a woman having a child for him?
A: Yes I was understandably angry because from day 1 he knows I don't want polygamy for my children if I can avoid it and also cos I felt he shud have divorced me first and married her before engaging in such. Like what example is he setting for his son. Lastly I felt if he would impregnate anyone it should not be the woman who broke our home.
Q: Why have u been quiet all this while about your marriage break up?
A: I tried very hard to protect him even when people rubbished me. I never said OK he was the one who messed up because I felt he would be wise and consider my sons interest, when taking life changing decisions that could affect Zion. A part of me wanted to believe he would never put his own bloods future at stake for cheap thrills. I changed my mind about talking when I read a recent paper and noticed his manager was already trying to twist things to make it look like he moved on and got someone pregnant cos I'm engaged, I'm NOT engaged, so I just felt enough is enough, I don't know why they must always bring my name up to justify their mistakes. I had to ask myself, Why am I protecting a man who continues to make me look bad to protect himself. I felt it was time to be true to myself and quit deceiving myself that he will soon feel remorse for his actions.
Q: Was it because you wanted reconciliation?
A: No, I just felt I should protect him because I guess a stupid part of me still loved him and felt he would come to his senses and at least do right by my son even if we never reconcile. At d end of the day I'm human and have emotions too, guess I never predicted things would get this bad.
Q: For the very 1st time, can you tell me what broke your marriage?
A: Simple: 3 things broke my marriage: His family's interference, His Manager's interference and His affair with Vicky Godis
Q: Whose fault, your or his fault?
A: I can't say I was perfect, but I NEVER cheated on him. I was pregnant and later nursing the entire time we were married. Also, before I got married I knew what being loyal is, I also knew there is no way I would ever cheat on my husband. Its not my way. Yeah I would get angry when he cheated on me, I felt it was a normal reaction when you love someone and they are doing things to hurt you but still I never left him. The separation was not my idea. My son was 11 months old, a week before his 1st birthday, his parents threw us out. My son spent his birthday in a hotel. I was sitting in my house when his parents came, they packed my things and my sons things into my car, I have pictures I took as evidence and I drove off with my son to a friends hotel in VI where I stayed for 3 weeks. Meanwhile he was with Vicky in Abuja while it was happening.
Q: Is it true you have asked for Divorce
A: Yes, I have. He is yet to file. If he is so sure he doesn't want to be married he should have no problems divorcing me. Allow me move on and give my son a family life he deserves.
Q: Do u see room for reconciliation?
A: I am not God so I can't say yes or no but he has hurt me too deeply to just go back. It would take a lot of healing, although i've moved on forgetting the pains is not that easy. At the end of the day, only God know where our future is headed.
Q: Some accuse you of forcing yourself on him and that you are older than him and that he couldn't just say no
A: I never forced myself on him. He did all the chasing, even when I said I can't marry a musician, he never stopped, he kept assuring me that if he got famous he would not change and I trusted him. What people don't know is we got engaged in November 2007, even before Gongo Aso became a hit, some said its because I was pregnant, that is not true, I got pregnant 5 months after we picked a wedding date. I am not older than him, that report is also false. He is older than me.

Q: Can you let us into how u fell in love wit 9ice? Who toasted who? Did u make the 1st move or he did?
A: He toasted me, I resisted in the beginning because I did not want a musician boyfriend, I later agreed because I felt he was sweet and sincere. How he changed so much is what I'm not sure of. Maybe bad advisers around him.

Q How did you feel when the news broke that you are dating ruggedman/ Did u ever date him?

Continued On
http://ddirtymoneyinc..com/2011/04/toni-payne-files-for-divorce-reveals.html

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 05, 2011
Seriously, it seems when a man spends too much time and effort chasing a woman who has reservations about him, he doesnt always appreciate her after she finally gives in.

And at the risk of sounding redundant, i hope his affair with his mistress didnt start after toni payne travelled abroad to have her baby.

Or is it possible he was just using her all along?
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 05, 2011
I guess she's filing for divorce now because she'd been hoping for a reconciliation before. With this now, 9ice has made it extremely clear that's not going to happen.

I hope nobody regrets all this eventually. Oloun ma je ka regret as my friend would say.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by virusdacramil(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2011
9ice Is A Disgrace To Man Hood
Now His Actions Would Stop Many Girls From Helping Guys Even When The Love Is Real,
How Many Month Now Wey Dem Don Break Up Wey Hin Don Born,
So Automatically He Has Been Having Affairs When He Was Still Married And He Just Deceived Us All With Is bleeping ONCE BEATEN TWICE SHY.

BETWEEN RUGGEDY NAME DON CLEAR
9ICE IS REALLY AN INGRATE
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2011
its a good thing she finally spoke out. His family are wicked but I guess thats what money does. I know this will all end badly. Best thing she can do is move on with her life. Ignore people who blacken her name God dey and karma will get everyone.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Timi1990(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2011
Na wa o o o o o , every body just dey support Toni_Pyne. Well, we no dey there and we dnt really need to accuse, blame or judge anybody. They both know the truth and wats hidden . So let not judge based on wat we hear or wat we read on Magzines, they both know who's at fault and how to resolve their marriage.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
Resolve?

I dont think that part where she said she has pictures of her being thrown out of her house can be faked. And to think hes been able to move on just like that?

Dont get me wrong Im sure she wasnt perfect but his family should of been more supportive.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by debetmx(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
Who is telling the truth? 9ice or Toni Payne
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Kandiluv: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
Shes been suffering and smiling all along, why dint she say all this ever since, mschewww!!!, i guess she wanted reconciliation but the guy was quick to move on. I will advice u girl to move on with your life and stop putting out every thing bout your life on twitter kmt.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2011
Kandiluv:

Shes been suffering and smiling all along, why dint she say all this ever since, mschewww!!!, i guess she wanted reconciliation but the guy was quick to move on. I will advice u girl to move on with your life and stop putting out every thing bout your life on twitter kmt.

I dont blame her for keeping quiet but it must have been so painful and shameful to be kicked out of your house with your child by your inlaws! Very uncalled for and 9ice did nothing what a useless man he just let it happen.

No matter what problems they had if she was not cheating what would warrant such behaviour? This is the problem with Ojuoriolari(never seen wealth before type families) they obviously felt she had too much to say for herself she was too controlling and too western. Whereas this other chick is a freshie (wait til her eyes become open).

The manager needs to remember he too has a family how would he feel if someone helped wreck his family.

Im sure Toni was not an easy person propbably spoilt being an only child and probably not very mature. But at the end of the day the person punished most by time is the baby kicked out of his own home by his own flesh and blood very wicked.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by jaybee3(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
^^^^^
A side of the story madam

I agree, IF that's actually what transpired then dude acted immaturely by not handling his business allowing outside influence to poke nose into his relationship with the wife. But then again that's naija and over-familiarity is always the other of the day
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by joeyfire(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2011
Now thats awful. 9ice no try.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by mariamolat(f): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2011
Move on girl, if u are really saying the truth, am very sure that what goes around would come around. he doesn't know what the new baby mama may be up to
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2011
Shes not gaining anything by talking NOW but I think shes finally realised theres no going back.
I dont think theres any Ifs about it Jaybee after the ruggedman nonesense I lost respect for 9ice as a person.

She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth he wasnt Im sure that alone caused major problems. Shes been running her own business for years shes very sharp in that aspect and for some men and their families see that as a threat.

Why do you think hes now shacked up with a 22yr old freshie? Im telling write todays date and say Titi said that one will all end in tears.

Theres two sides to every story but once you are married you should make ever effort to resolve issues. And many Nigerian men need to stop this Im married but I have a girlfriend s h i t

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by jaybee3(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
You probably may well be right but i'm from the school of their is always another side to a story.

LadyT:

Theres two sides to every story but once you are married you should make ever effort to resolve issues. And many Nigerian men need to stop this Im married but I have a girlfriend s h i t
They will stop once we start accepting divorce to be a norm rather than taboo.
I'm not saying divorcing someone or threatening to will most definitely stop one from cheating but at least it will make them think twice wink
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2011
something i dont understand is, is this 9ice a player?

his baby mama looks the exact opposite of his ex-wife.

so what type of woman exactly does he like, or he doesnt have any particular preference but simply sleeps with anything in skirt.

if he likes darker ladies, then what's the story behind his current concubine.

if his preference is light skin, then what attracted him to toni in the first place.

either way, it's not looking good for his persona imo.

also, does he like skinny women or orobo ones- still not clear.

he seems rather shiftless.

hope nothing else dey there.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by mamagee3(f): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2011
Sick of hearing news about both of them.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
oh well, God will wipe toni's tears in due time.

smh @ some men.

but sha it seems rather risky these days to travel out to have the baby without your husband.

at least make sure his consent [when he gives it] is a sincere and not a coerced one.

some men can secretly be simmering or hurt by some things but wont let it show and instead react in other ways.

if you loved him despite being his being born in nigeria, then are you sure that fact isnt important to him.

i'm not saying people shouldnt deliver abroad but this concubine of his had her baby right there in abuja and i wouldnt be surprised to hear he was there in the delivery room with her.

just a thought.

women are after men like you wouldnt believe these days, and yes, folks are monitoring every facet of your life looking for weak links.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2011
tpiah!:

something i dont understand is, is this 9ice a player?

his baby mama looks the exact opposite of his ex-wife.

so what type of woman exactly does he like, or he doesnt have any particular preference but simply sleeps with anything in skirt.

if he likes darker ladies, then what's the story behind his current concubine.

if his preference is light skin, then what attracted him to toni in the first place.

either way, it's not looking good for his persona imo.

also, does he like skinny women or orobo ones- still not clear.

he seems rather shiftless.

hope nothing else dey there.

Where did you see a picture of his new girlfriend?
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2011
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 9:29pm On Apr 05, 2011
Oh lawd

She looks older than the suggested 22 maybe I read it wrong. I dont think shes pretty at all shes only light skin I mean look at the size of her nose!

If 9ice thought Toni Payne was too Behind this one with her 4820830928 earrings well I rest my case. But Karma will get everyone.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
that lady cant be 22.

she cant be less than 35, by my own estimate.

i stand corrected if wrong though.

she's pretty no doubt, but looks somehow clueless. Dont know how else to put it.

9ice' photo is as unflattering as ever. Wish he could gain a little weight.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by emmatok(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2011
The three of them are dumb.

1. Toni Payne for for not Nip in the bud b4 it gets out of hand. Knowing that 9ICE is now celebrity and women will sure come after him.

2. Vicky Godis Bukky for betraying a fellow woman and destroying their marriage. I don't know why some women just to date married men.

3. 9ice the biggest fool of all, for throwing his wife and SON out of his house. Even divorced men still fight for the custody of their children.
But 9ICE throwing his little Boy out at that age is very bad. Well he will soon brake up with Vicky Godis Bukky for sure .

Since TUFACE has shown him the way he will also follow.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by favouredjb(f): 12:47am On Apr 06, 2011
i wish toni all the best,she just has to move on

p.s the vicky godis babe is very pretty tho
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 1:03am On Apr 06, 2011
How could Toni have stopped her husband cheating? undecided
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by MeGaStReEt: 1:06am On Apr 06, 2011
9Ice the joker. I knew right from the beginning that this guy (9Ice) is a big liar. . . singing some wack song like "once beaten twice shy" to gain sympathy.  This is the true story, little wonder why he couldn't come out to confirm if he realy caught RM with Payne, he never said he did or not, he kept on beating about the bush deceiving himself with some incantation songs

make God help am sha, I for one will not allow (no matter what happened) my child to be brought up by a single mom. But, na only God get power.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by zibe(m): 1:09am On Apr 06, 2011
What exactly is now keeping him from signing the papers? Or is he still into her?
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by LadyT(f): 1:25am On Apr 06, 2011
Its a power thing why he is making her suffer I dont understand.

This is why the yoruba says when a lie goes for 20years one day the truth will out itself. He never thought she would talk.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by MeGaStReEt: 1:27am On Apr 06, 2011
zibe:

What exactly is now keeping him from signing the papers? Or is he still into her?

For him mind, him dey form player
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by congoshine(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2011
LadyT:

Its a power thing why he is making her suffer I dont understand.

This is why the yoruba says when a lie goes for 20years one day the truth will out itself. He never thought she would talk.
LadyT ,jo ma binu so gbo ,mo kan ni kin je ko mo wipe oko mi kan le bi mo se ri foto e ni sha ! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by otokx(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2011
It will be interesting to hear his own side of the story.
Re: Toni Payne Files For Divorce, Reveals How Her Marriage Crashed. by lakode(m): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2011
This woman loves 9ice unconditionally , that is scarce 9ice might not get this from any other woman .As much as I love 9ice style and his song , I must say He got it all wrong on this one , Yeah I know nobody holly pass but 9ice could do better than this sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BSTAN Group Signs Shortcut And M.C Papi As Ambassadors / Exclusive Pictures From Joseph Benjamin’s Birthday / Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.