Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,931 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo (32512 Views)

Davido And Broda Shaggi Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose (photo) / Sensei Uche Writes An Open Letter To Yusuf Buhari / Reno Omokri Writes An Open Letter To Linda Ikeji. Read The Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by ajayiopy: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
AM READY TO GIVE AWAY MY DSTV COMPACT FREE
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Okuda(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Yahoo Messenger!

DSS signed in...
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Jamebond007: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
PapaAdanna:
This AFONJA is making sense amongst so many of them
small boy grow up
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by kofero2: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
you talk good brother shaggi
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by nurusystem(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Mumu shaggi go and tell this yo your boys .chase you rslf rather,,,,
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Doctee: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
He said revolution he will soon be arrested
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Xkalaban(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
The bros is commonly sensing jorr.... angry

Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by fredpeter(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Boko haram would have been significantly important to the country if they focus on kidnapping government officials than ordinary civilians, they should start with osibanjo first then others follow suit. If they do this the will be in history books
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by olisaEze(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
internationalman:
Boko Haram may come in handy now if only they could cooperate

Even them don wade into d matter! cheesy

Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by useurkidney3121: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
SandraJane:

THERE WAS A COUNTRY!� The president of this country @muhammadubuhari , I regret to know that you are a Muslim, you are a General and nothing has been done to the killings of our brothers in South Africa� but if Cows were been slaughtered, we would have seen you @muhammadubuhari on NTA news.
I regret to know that you @profosinbajo is a Christian and a professor. We thought you could do better but you are just nothing but one of them

Nigerians please stop destroying the businesses of our own people. South Africans will be laughing at us for doing this.
Questions: *How manY South Africans have you seen in your street? *How many South Africans live in your house? *How many South Africans work in your office?

Answer: NONE!!!! They don’t live here, they don’t work here coz their country is better than ours. That’s the basic truth but WE MADE THEIR COUNTRY BETTER and didn’t make ours better.

I have been to South Africa and I can tell you Their men are the laziest men in Africa. When they see Other blacks, they believe we’ve come to take their jobs, we’ve come to steal their women . South Africans have the lowest self esteem in the World.

NIGERIA can be great again if we all put this energy to Chase out the OLD ONES in power. Only REVOLUTION!

The youth of this country, instead of us destroying our business, we need to channel that energy by destroying this present government. That’s the only way out������✊� Celebrities, stop fighting yourselves over who’s posting and who is not. That’s not what we need now. We are voices. Anything we do now will strengthen our followers to make a better NATION. Wake up NIGERIA, wake up....THE PROBLEM is THE GOVERNMENT!!!!, wake UP!!!!!! Brodashaggi

Source: https://www.naijaweb.com.ng/broda-shaggi-writes-open-letter-buhari-osinbajo/

Nice write up Brother Shagi... U gat my respect for this

1 Like

Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by everest8899: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
Leaders are the problem of this Country called Nigeria, of we all can be sincere to ourselves at then we will be able to know who is Who
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by madridsta007(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

I assent to most of your valid points.... But, where do we go from here? Who bells the cat? What foundational steps must be taken to address these mitigating issues where confab failed?.... Issues sir, issues... undecided

Your questions are quite broad hence I tried to limit my treatise to Shaggi and, perhaps, the impact of celebrities in a nation's polity. They seem not to know how powerful their voices are, especially in this current social media age. They spoke and already CNN, BBC and a host of other international media houses are amplifying their voices and forcing the SA government to act. And this influence of celebrities in social media in defining national and foriegn policy is not new; in the world's most powerful country, it is the hosts in Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc that largely influences Trump's decision. And Obama too. Trump reportedly decided not to attack Iran when he listed to Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

Now, what if these Nigerian celebrities, collectively, decided to focus on the tribal nature of Nigeria's politics and decision-making and its leadership deficit? Call out Nigerians foolish preference of tribalism over meritocracy? Bluntly, wholeheartedly and consistently? This is why I do not see Shaggi's message as anything new or impactful. It misses, perhaps intentionally, the root cause. They have a leading and important role and are not doing it.

1 Like

Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by frankobinna(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
That's a sensible brother talking
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Cuccitini(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
Neddstark:
So i am supposed to read the views of an areaboy imitator? E no go better for you bloggers
man if ur senses were to b converted to as a voucher card it can NEVER flash cos u don't have an iota of reasoning
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by guynextdoor(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
MAYOWAAK:
The government has shown the utmost restraint in dealing with this diplomatic impasse with South Africa

You don't have to like the government or those in power

All you need is a little knowledge of how international relations work

Contrary to the desire by some that Nigeria should have attacked South Africa with all guns blazing

It just doesn't work that way with international protocols and conventions.

Especially if you're dealing with a country of equal or near-equal standing in the international community

Nigeria and South Africa are equal in economic, military and political influence in international circles.

In bilateral trade, the balance of trade differentials tilt in our favour.

In 2018, Nigeria’s imports from South Africa amounted to just $514.3 Million while South Africa’s imports from Nigeria were $3.83 Billion. (Source: UN COMTRADE data)

In layman terms, this means that we make more money from trading with South Africa than they do with us so we need to thread gently and not jeopardize an economy already gasping for breath by taking rash decisions.

All of these factors matter a lot in international relations between nation states.

So you don't expect Nigeria to approach (not even invade) South Africa the way we would do to Togo for example.

Because, despite the theoretical equality of all sovereign nations, some are more equal than others.

Even America didn't rush to invade China the last time they had a trade war

And they've kept Russia at arms-length all these while

Only fighting one another by proxy.

You must exhaust all diplomatic channels in a case like this.

You can recall your Ambassador

You can cancel bilateral agreements

You can suspend direct relations e.g issuance of Visa

You can exert pressure on your allies to boycott the other country

If you have the clout, you can even get the super powers to look the other way while you pursue aggressive actions against the other country

But you must, always, get international opinion on your side

Except if you're USA or you're a maverick leader like Vladmir Putin.

So, your social media influencer wearing coat and speaking big grammar

Is just misleading you by saying the government should have done xyz.

We simply DO NOT have that leverage against South Africa.

Tell him I said he's an olodo rabata.

International laws and conventions don't work like that

Not especially for a third world country like ours.

Let's hope saner heads will prevail and we can quickly work things out with South Africa

Because both countries really need one another to provide leadership for Africa.
Great write up! Educate 'em...very crucial!
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by charlz16(m): 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
broda shagi i hail tuale for dat talk...... buhari den suppose kill u hw wish na cow dem dey kill for south africa u for don arrange better soldiers(retiered and non-retiered) make dem go south africa go fight dem de problem of dis country is our government den need gada all of una especially buhari burn all of una fire as ghana den do make we start afresh again cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by charlz16(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
broda shagi i hail tuale for dat talk...... buhari den suppose kill u hw wish na cow dem dey kill for south africa u for don arrange better soldiers(retiered and non-retiered) make dem go south africa go fight dem de problem of dis country is our government den need gada all of una especially buhari burn all of una fire as ghana den do make we start afresh again.
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by Neddstark: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Cuccitini:

man if ur senses were to b converted to as a voucher card it can NEVER flash cos u don't have an iota of reasoning

You must be a recharge card voucher seller. Illiterate poverty-ridden nigga that believes looting will put food on his table.
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by adontcare(f): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
internationalman:
Boko Haram may come in handy now if only they could cooperate
lol
Re: Broda Shaggi Writes An Open Letter To Buhari And Osinbajo by apharm(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
Govt is the problem not south Africans

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State / Flavour N'abania Strips For Complete Fashion Magazine / Davido Pictured With Vice-President Osinbajo In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.