Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze (725 Views)

Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua / La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Didier Drogba Retires From Playing Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by Jidefido(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Super Eagles forward, Samuel Chukwueze, has disclosed how his mother was initially against him playing football while revealing how much he loved former Nigeria captain, Jay-Jay Okocha while growing up.

“My big hero was Jay JayOkocha. I loved watching him, and whenever he played for Nigeria I would be so desperate to see him win. If they lost, I wouldn’t eat. I couldn’t take it,” Chukwueze told Goal.

“In my home town, we had a local centre and I would try to go there to watch Nigeria games. We didn’t have a TV, but there was one there. I would peep through the window to see Okocha and the rest.”

Chukwueze has been in great form since signing for the Yellow Submarines from Diamond Academy in Abuja.
He scored five goals and created two assists in 26 La Liga appearances last season. The young forward has also started the new 2019/20 season well, scoring one goal in three league appearances.

He also talked about how he started out as a footballer and the resistance he got from his mother.

According to him, his mother was eventually the same person who later encouraged him to follow his dreams.

Read more at https://thesportsbay.com/30387-chukwueze-speaks-on-his-career.html
Re: How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by BrainBox4N(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Family is indeed a great factor in achieving greatness, they could hinder/propel one's dream. Congratulations Chukwueze from making it out of this.
Re: How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by Amazingman(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
This guy if properly worked on can mess Messi up
Re: How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by Bruno3000(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
They were destined to fail in their bid to stop you.
Re: How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by simonlee(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bruno3000:
They were destined to fail in their bid to stop you.
I agree with you...
but imagine the yam treatment he must have received from his mother because of football grin

1 Like

Re: How My Mother, Uncle Almost Stopped Me From Playing Football – Chukwueze by Rabbiharrison: 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lol now that you are playing football we never know you
Seems your parents love you more than you thinks

(1) (Reply)

SO Touching!cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Down In Tears As He Talks About His.... / NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance / FIFA Best Player: Samuel Eto’o Snubs Messi, Names Two Players That Deserve Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.