Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua (21091 Views)

How Boxers Look As Women Thanks To Faceapp Featuring Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, / How Wilder Mocked God Before His Match With Fury(video / Tyson Fury: Anthony Joshua Is Finished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Nemere2020: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2022
Anthony Joshua will not box in December as he battles to rebuild his mental health after back-to-back Oleksandr Usyk losses.

The 33-year-old London 2012 Olympic golden boy was dethroned of his WBA, IBF and WBO world titles by the Ukraine mastermind in September 2021.

And he failed with his August rematch – despite a vastly improved performance – and broke down in the aftermath, throwing a couple of his old belts to the floor and crying in the post-fight press conference.

A decade of carrying such huge expectations on his giant shoulders came pouring out of the father-of-one, after he lost his crowns and any chance of his career-long goal of an undisputed decider,

And despite the Watford icon and promoter Eddie Hearn vowing he would fight in December, the powerhouse pin-up has now confirmed – although he is fighting fit – his head is still not fully recovered.

AJ entered talks with undefeated WBC Gypsy King Tyson Fury about a potential December 3 showdown.

But he pulled out of talks when his commercial and sponsorship partnerships clashed with playing second fiddle on the Fury show, planned for the Cardiff stadium.

And he has now confirmed to broadcasters DAZN, that his family has urged him to take an extended break to let his huge heart and mind recover from the punishing losses.

“You saw after my last fight, I swear it tore me apart,” Joshua bravely admitted. “I had so much riding on it, for me, the British fans, the undisputed fight.

“It just really tore me apart so, from a mental capacity, my close ones are telling me to rest, mentally.

“Physically I am down to ride, I am a warrior, I like this game and I like competing.

“But, from a mental aspect, I think people have really seen it means a lot.”

Bitter nemesis Fury has made a second career out of being a mental health campaigner, after his own breakdown coincided with a 2017 back-dated doping ban.

But Joshua bottled up all of his struggles until his rock-hard facade melted away in the scorching Saudi Arabia desert.

He now faces another rebuilding process and will most likely return to the ring in the Spring of 2023, against a mid-level opponent, to help get him back to winning ways.

https://thenationonlineng.net/family-stopped-me-from-december-bout-says-joshua/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667295220

4 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by terrezo2002(m): 11:19am On Nov 01, 2022
Thank God for your family. It would have been disgrace upon disgrace.

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Creamypie(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2022
A.j still dey talk? You would have just lost 3 straight matches, marking the end of your already poor rating and carrier.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by ouzo1(m): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2022
Ur family don tire for dey embarrassment wey ur fights dey bring.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by fergie001: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2022
A family that loves and cares... kiss

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by darocha1: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2022
Rest bro.

You love to fight another day.

10 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Needodo(f): 11:43am On Nov 01, 2022
Interesting!
Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by NwaNimo1(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
Bout or Beating.....?

[img]https://giffiles./217/217556.gif[/img]

.....don't try enter any ring with Fury!

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
cool
Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Juanmike(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
That's because December is a month of joy and happiness.
Not sadness.
Imagine the pain your imminent loss will cost them.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by CEOKmotors: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
grin

Coz they love you and don't want your ass whipped again.

12 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Odward(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
This pussy ass nigga should give it a rest. What a fucking loser.

7 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by money121(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by tiswell(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
Cowardice truly runs in their blood grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2022
Otedola dey use DJ Cuppy take dey collect people glory. You nor suppose sleep with that girl. Everybody when sleep with Cuppy done experience setback. I pity those when nor dey consult before bedding a woman.

Most of these Naija ladies especially Yoruba ladies are walking Shrine.

Avoid Yoruba ladies, do not say you weren't warned or informed. They are deadly, vengeful, vindictive and bitter. If you breakup with them, them go begin use juju fight you. Many musicians when fade away, na Yoruba lady when them offend nai bring them down. Many Yoruba men when done wise now, na Igbo, and Delta babes them dey go marry.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Eriokanmi: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
AJ, you've done your bits. You're one of the world legends and your name has been written in gold for a lifetime. You had no bad records all through your career. Fury can't even wear your shoes on this. Your decision to not fight him shows you're not money conscious. Someday, someone too would stop Fury...maybe usyk...and the game of boxing continues.

Anyone who thinks it's easy should garner those belts like you did. You fought the high and mighty...no single defeat until a couple of years back and recently.

You're a great man !

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by tolumizzy(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Make I no talk....tbh.....why did you shake bubu in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by VeryWickedMan: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Your family loves you my brother

21 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
That was a nice move by A J's family, health and life matters most, A.J could have won against Fury but at what expense having just come out from a bout, he needed time to recover.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Chinonye2022(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
The took the best decision for u brother na stubborn flies dey follow shit enter grave

6 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by New007: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Best decision ever. The way him for beat you eh? grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Brendaniel: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
This guy should not have met Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Curious345: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Hahahah

Because they know that fury will murder you

1 Like

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Kingcalls: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Dem no wan mk u die

2 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by GloriousGbola: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Chinonye2022(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2022
tiswell:
Cowardice truly runs in their blood grin

is not matter of coward the took the best decision for them no dey fum brave for person wey go kil u

3 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by nurez305(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Lol, your family still love you grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by DamianX: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2022
Make them no kill you o because na only you then get. Weakling grin

11 Likes

Re: Family Stopped Me From December Bout With Fury - Anthony Joshua by Stenewiser: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2022
angry angry
See wetin dj cuppy cause.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers Attack, Injure Osun United Players, Officials (photo) / Barcelona Tops Forbes List Of Valuable Football Clubs, Man United Out Of Top 3 / KSI Beats Logan Paul To Become Youtube Boxing Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.