Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,734 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? (10611 Views)

Lowering One's Voice; Women And Phone! / Marriage After Fornication: What Says Islam! / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Lukgaf(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
In reality, everyday of a Muslim's life should be a day of activism against the abuse of women and children.

Abuse of women and children is condemned in Islam. Abusive men show complete disregard to the Islamic teachings of kindness, mercy, and compassion. They totally ignore the example of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) , who never hit a woman or child and was extremely gentle and compassionate with his entire family.

The Noble Quran contains several verses extolling good treatment of women, and makes it clear that the relationship between men and women is to be one of kindness, mutual respect and caring, and not one of oppression, violence and abuse.

Islam has enshrined the sanctity of chastity and the protection of women at all times. A woman’s honour and chastity is to be respected under all circumstances.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) vehemently disapproved of men ill-treating their wives, and led by example by never ill-treating anyone, including any woman or child in his entire life. He exhorted men thus saying, "Treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers"; and at another instance he said, "The strong man is not the one who can use the force of physical strength, but the one who controls his anger." (Bukhari)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have stated, "(Is it not a shame that) one of you beats his wife like a slave and then sleeps with her at the end of the day." (Riyadh-us-Saliheen)

As Muslims, we must stop covering up abuse, in the name of "preserving family honour" for verily, the honour of Allah I, is above all honour.

Violence against women and children has hurt many, destroyed families, and weakened the society. How much longer can we afford to look the other way?

Let there be zero tolerance for violence against women and children!!!

Source: Darul Ihsan

7 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Venddetta: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmm. Talking about Islam and the abuse of women and children, where do we start?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Jazakumulahu khaeran kiss
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by NLSavage: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2019
Iffa hear

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by BoboKush(m): 8:23am On Sep 06, 2019
Is that xo
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Odioko1(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2019
Ww
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by AbuTwins: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Wife beating is unislamic?!? This one doesn't even know his own religion.

I think you know yours well?

Venddetta:
Hmmm. Talking about Islam and the abuse of women and children, where do we start?

As if non-Muslims dont Abuse women!

This is the definition of prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by koolaid87: 8:43am On Sep 06, 2019
Marrying underaged girl is Islamic and not a child abuse says Mohammed, pbuh

3 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by marvin906(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2019
so marrying underage isn child abuse..
wetin Musa nor go see for gate

13 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by JeromeBlack: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2019
This is a very controversial issue in Islam. Some muslims dont see abuse the way some other muslims see abuse.

There are imams that state that wife beating is permitted in Islam. They use Surah 4:34 to support wife beating.

There are many muslims who believe that it is okay to marry 13 or 14 year old girls since there is one age of consent in Islam. There is also old Arab culture in which girls who hit puberty are ready for marriage.

The aforementioned verse is pictured below-

Cc lanrexlan, vedaxcool, tintingz, albaqir, Empiree, anigbajumo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by anigbajumo(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2019
IamBlanco:
Liars! that's what you are OP! delete this piece of sh*t you put up there.

Islam is founded on the abuse of women, show me one Islamic country where women has exclusive rights? name just one.

your false prophet Mohammed took sex slaves and asked his followers to do so as well.

he instructed Muslims to "strike " their wives!

when did who ever you quoted up there acts become the standard for Muslims to live by? what happened to the standard of Mohammed? who happened to be a rapist, pedophile, raider, conqueror and one who owned black slaves.

y'all do taqiyya but you know deep down that it's a frickin lie. lies lies lies... that's what Muslims do all over the world. confront them with facts about their religion, they become illogical, emotional and intolerant.

Wea this one see all these poo with no iota of evidence, u come here to write trash on wat u lack deep understanding about.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Empiree: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Ajegbodo nie to nwa eni kunra
JeromeBlack:
This is a very controversial issue in Islam. Some muslims dont see abuse the way some other muslims see abuse.

There are imams that state that wife beating is permitted in Islam. They use Surah 4:34 to support wife beating.

There are many muslims who believe that it is okay to marry 13 or 14 year old girls since there is one age of consent in Islam. There is also old Arab culture in which girls who hit puberty are ready for marriage.

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by JeromeBlack: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:

Ogbeni, so English.

Speak in English, local champion

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Cc lanrexlan, vedaxcool, tintingz, albaqir, Empiree, anigbajumo

The Qur'an gives muslims approval to beat their wives, they can simply use that verse to justify their actions.

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Empiree: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
Dimwits worry so much about Muslims while they themselves are infested with domestic violence.

Kettle calling pot black
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
Yorubas will say "Eni ti e ti jona bi guguru shangishangi ko ni kona mo tiwa" grin which literally means "Someone who is badly damaged won't lure us into the same pit"

Waste of time recycling the same thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by sesaan(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
Una na go sit down go bring problem

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by JeromeBlack: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
Dimwits worry so much about Muslims while they themselves are infected with domestic violence.

Kettle calling pot black

grin

The thing is paining you eh?

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Khaleell001(m): 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
crafteck:
The whole of Islam is based on woman abuse so this topic no make sense, since I've been forced to take Islam, (na their way)

this idiocy is raring its ugly head again from your side.

Qur'aanic verses abound and prophetic naration are numerous establishing this yet, some pained loud mouth want to define Islam for us.
Such ignoramuses of epic proportions.
Go get a life.
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Khaleell001(m): 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
marvin906:
so marrying underage isn child abuse.. wetin Musa nor go see for gate
Marrying underage girls? eh eh. Na your pikin?
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by MakeWeTalk: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2019
ISLAM COMMANDS YOU BEAT YOUR WFE

here is a write up of my thinking for leaving Islam

My Father is Muslim and my Mother is Christian.
Many atimes my father has beaten my mother and when we complain or my uncles on my mothers side complain my father replies

"You know I am a muslim man and follow the Quo'ran to the letter.
In Islam we are told to beat our wives if she mispleases us"

So I asked my father to explain what he said and he showed me the quo'ran that say's clearly you can beat your wife.

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

Qur'an (4:34) -
" Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

So I tried to comfort my mum, when she said "She will not encourage her daughters to marry a Muslim"
And I asked her why not and
she said in her Christianity men are commanded to LOVE THEIR WIVES NOT BEAT

Again I asked for proof and she showed me these in the bible which I checked.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

These verses in the bible shocked me.

So brothers please tell me how come our quoran encourages beating our women while the Christians God & Bible says not to beat our wives,

I have even sought teachings on this and all the Imams teach you to beat your wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3b3TpKaly0?t=13s

This is worrying to me, as I wont want my sisters to be beaten by her husband.
So am I agreeing that my sisters should marry a Christian and not a muslim.?

Also why does your bible command you not to beat your wife, while our quoran commands us to beat our wives?

After doing my research I left Islam.

And can say one striking difference apart from loving your wife, is that Christians have a promise of salvation which muslims do not have.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED:
BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY,
BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Even Mohammed is not promised salvation

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers,
NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

So comparing , you can see that Jesus is better & rejects beating up women

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by crafteck(m): 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2019
Khaleell001:

this idiocy is raring its ugly head again from your side.

Qur'aanic verses abound and prophetic naration are numerous establishing this yet, some pained loud mouth want to define Islam for us.
Such ignoramuses of epic proportions.
Go get a life.

Na so truth de pepper una 4 body

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by marvin906(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
Khaleell001:

Marrying underage girls? eh eh.
Na your pikin?

not this religious bigot again..
abeg free me carry your toxic energy with you

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Khaleell001(m): 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
marvin906:

not this religious bigot again..
abeg free me carry your toxic energy with you

Yeah. it's him stupid!

Toxic energy kee you there.

If you were not a bigot why poke your nose into what's none of your effing business?
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by marvin906(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
Khaleell001:

Yeah. it's him stupid!

Toxic energy kee you there.

If you were not a bigot why poke your nose into what's none of your effing business?

suicide bomber..
very soon you carry bomb and Start shouting Allah akbar
local terrorist

4 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by Khaleell001(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2019
marvin906:

suicide bomber.. very soon you carry bomb and Start shouting Allah akbar local terrorist
yes. I will carry the bomb of truth and blast out your stupidity.
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by sagifed9: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2021
Nit
Re: Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam? by true2god: 10:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Quran 3:24;
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband’s] absence what Allah would have them guard.
But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - advise them; forsake them in bed; and strike them. But if they obey you, seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Show Us The Straight Path To Paradise / 10 Categories Of Muslims You Will Find In The Mosque During Tarowiyy (Aasamu) / Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.