Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob (10636 Views)

A Great Gift To The Daughter Of Prophet And Lessons To All Muslims / Lesson From Israa And Miraaj (miraculous Journey Of The Prophet) / Through Thick And Thin: The Lesson From Prophet Ayoob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Lukgaf(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2020
"Undergoing tests is an unavoidable occurrence in life. We cannot choose the nature or time of our tests – but we can choose to pass the tests. To do so, we will have to hold firmly to sabr (patience) and remain pleased with the decision of Allah Ta‘ala.
"

The incident of Prophet Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam) is well known to one and all. Initially, Prophet Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam) was enjoying great prosperity. He had abundant animals and crops, many children and numerous homes. Allah Ta‘ala then decided to test Nabi Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam). Hence, he lost all his wealth and even his children. Allah Ta‘ala even tested Nabi Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam) with an illness that afflicted his entire body. The only two limbs of his body that were spared from this illness were his tongue and his heart. Nevertheless, even in this condition, he would keep his heart and tongue engaged in the remembrance of Allah Ta‘ala.

As for the respected wife of Nabi Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam), there are two views regarding her name. According to some ‘Ulama, her name was Layyaa, while other ‘Ulama have mentioned that her name was Rahmah.

While Nabi Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam) was patiently enduring this test, most of the people abandoned him, until he was left alone in a corner of the town. However, his loyal wife never left him or abandoned him. She remembered his favour upon her when conditions were favourable, and hence she remained at his side through thick and thin, ever loyal and faithful.

She would patiently tend to him and see to all his needs. In some narrations, it has even been mentioned that when her wealth was eventually depleted, she began to carry out domestic work in peoples’ homes in order to earn a living and see to her ailing husband’s needs. Together with this, she had lost her children and her husband was extremely sick. Through all these tests, she remained patient and did not complain, even though she went from a life of comfort and happiness to one of difficulty and sadness.

(Al-Bidaayah wan Nihaayah vol. 1 pg. 262)

Lessons:

1. The proverb “a friend in need is a friend indeed” is often quoted, highlighting the fact that a true friend is one who will remain with you in difficult times as well as good times. We can well imagine that if such loyalty is expected of a good friend, then what must be the high level of loyalty that is expected of a true spouse? After all, the relationship between the husband and wife far surpasses any friendship! Hence, a true, loyal wife is not one who will abscond to her father’s house when “the goings get tough”. Rather, she will patiently remain with her husband and assist him, to the best of her ability, as she would expect of him had she been in difficulty.

2. Undergoing tests is an unavoidable occurrence in life. We cannot choose the nature or time of our tests – but we can choose to pass the tests. To do so, we will have to hold firmly to sabr (patience) and remain pleased with the decision of Allah Ta‘ala.

Source: uswatulmuslimah.co.za via JamiahUlamaKZN

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2020
Just a little test and lots of our brothers would start patronising fortune tellers or Babalawo under the guise of Islam.
May Allah grant us Istiqama.

Rabbana wala tahmil alayna isran kama hamaltahu 'alal-ladheena min qablina
Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us

Rabbana wala tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bihi wa'fu anna waghfir lana wairhamna anta mawlana fansurna 'alal-qawmil kafireen.
Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith.

Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana ba'da idh hadaytana wa hab lana milladunka rahmah innaka antal Wahhab
Our Lord! (they say), Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure.

Rabbana Hablana min azwaajina wadhurriy-yatina, qurrata 'ayioni wa-jalna lil-muttaqeena Imaama
O my Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous.

Rabbana-ghfir lana wa li 'ikhwani nalladhina sabaquna bil imani wa la taj'al fi qulubina ghillal-lilladhina amanu
Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancour (or sense of injury) against those who have believed.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by ThatFairGuy1: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2020
Allahumma aameen.

3 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by U09ce: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2020
Jazakumullahu khayran

3 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by money121(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by FamousMonk: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2020
PedophilePiiko:
Nairaland mod I love Allah because when I bomb innocent people and die I will fuvk 900+ virgins...
Allah Akbar cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by GodPunishBiafra: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Ma'sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by GodPunishBiafra: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2020
PedophilePiiko:
thick and thin I know is virgin tight thick pussy

Allah Akbar
Or deh
Olo foh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Mikyle: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2020
Allahu Akbar. may Allah not make our test of faith drive us away from his way.

3 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Kherdija(f): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Ameen y hayyu ya Qayyum

2 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by chillychill(f): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2020
Sabr is more than patient. Sabr is the way we deal with hardship while waiting for it to pass. It is also accepting one's situation as the will of Allah(swt). Sabr is the strength of one's soul. It also teaches us not to break when we've been bent. But walahi sabr isn't easy, may Allah make it easy for us all cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Emu4life(m): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2020
Ayoob was a patient servant of Allah. Salaamun ala Ayoub
PedophilePiiko:
thick and thin I know is virgin tight thick pussy

Allah Akbar
PedophilePiiko:
Nairaland mod I love Allah because when I bomb innocent people and die I will fuvk 900+ virgins...
Allah Akbar cheesy
Now this is becoming stale. If deep down in your heart you are happy with your own
religion and your path to eternity, you wouldnt be too bothered
about the path of faith others follow.. your comment reeks of
insecuirity, and you need to badly see others negatively just to
feel positive about yourself

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Nigerianleleyi0: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2020

I just sincerely hope this gets me through the thick and thin of NL

My goal is to reach FTC one day ��

2 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by motayoayinde: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2020
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ASPECTS OF ISLAM IS THAT ALLAH MAKES THE OBJECT OF OUR EXISTENCE VERY CLEAR. NO CONFUSION.
LIFE IS NOT UTOPIA. ALJANNAH IS.
BUT YOU WORK FOR IT BY BEING TESTED. YES LIFE IS A JOURNEY OF DIFFERENT TESTS.
GOOD OR BAD, SWEET OR BITTER, HAPPY OR SAD, RICH OR POOR, HEALTH OR SICKNESS. ALL OR NEARLY ALL WILL COME YOUR WAY. HOW YOU HANDLE THEM DETERMINES YOUR SUCCESS HERE AND HEREAFTER.
WE SEEK ALLAH'S HELP ALWAYS.

5 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by explosiveskull(m): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2020
Lukgaf:
"Undergoing tests is an unavoidable occurrence in life. We cannot choose the nature or time of our tests – but we can choose to pass the tests. To do so, we will have to hold firmly to sabr (patience) and remain pleased with the decision of Allah Ta‘ala.
"

This is the story of job in the bible na.

1 Like

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by ContractKiller: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Plagiarised from the Bible. Not a single original idea in the head of the koran's author.

Lukgaf:
"

5 Likes

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by fashionhub: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
ContractKiller:
Plagiarised from the Bible. Not a single original idea in the head of the koran's author.

1. AH-AH BUT EVEN THE ISREALITE HAD THE INFORMATION BEFORE THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN,
WOULD WE SAY THE BIBLE DUBBED ISREALITES
BIBLE IS AN ENCYCLOPEDIA NAH
Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by newguy1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jazakumullahu hiran. This sermon came at a time I needed it the most. Sabr!!!!!!!!!! . I won’t lie I have seems things mate getting on well junior doin great but I still feels am at a stand still. Hearing story of what Alfa’s can do for u soothsayer doin theres n also hearing for u to make it u have to break someone else. May almighty Allah keeps providing for us n May he not give us a test we cannt overcome

1 Like

Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Businessman1986(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
Mikyle:
Allahu Akbar. may Allah not make our test of faith drive us away from his way.

Allahumma Amin
Re: Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob by Mouhstorph5(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
What a timely sermon. JazakAllahu khairan for this OP.

(1) (Reply)

Hajj: The Wisdom Behind Kissing The Black Stone / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism / Your Phone May Lead You To HELL FIRE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.