Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) (78516 Views)

Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video) / Starving Lion At Gamji Gate Zoo In Kaduna (photos) / Starving Elephant Spotted At The Maiduguri Zoo In Borno State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
TheSourcerer:
Lol Nigeria which way ,? Lol so you paid money to see a toy

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Mumu
U for enter their cage go touch them na

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by nicepoker101(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
chiiraq802:
9ja na scam... Mk dem kuku sell dis country naaaa... nid my own share Asap!!! grin
part of sambisa forest is yours. grin
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Gracealone:
No. Chinese don't call such crocodiles fake.

They are replicas!

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Dee60: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
You should have put your hand inside to touch it to really prove your point!

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by oluwaahmed: 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Of course you will see a fake because the real crocs are in the real zoo grin
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
smudge2079:
who tell you say you get share?
. Hehehe... The least fit reach me.... Hehehe
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
nicepoker101:
part of sambisa forest is yours. grin
Haaa.... No ooo... Ah no want Boko boys wahala
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
Davidzy23:

No be lie bro.. last last All na scam.. ��
Major scam bruh.....

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by SendAbroad: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
Please always confirm news before it is posted on Front page...why didn't the visitor enter the cage to confirm if the Crocodiles are real?

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by QueenVaji: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Don't mind the mumu. Crocodiles are experts of stealth and most importantly experts of standing still to catch prey. Their number one hunting weapon is the element of surprise. The prey won't even know the crocodile is active until it suddenly strikes when it get close enough and little or no chance of escape again. That was how one time I went to a zoo too and visited the crocodile pond. Didn't see any crocodile. Pond was green and dirty and was very still. No bubbles, no ripples, no movement, no nothing. I was like hissing that the zoo doesn't even have a croc after my guy that told me to visit said they have a croc. I was tempted to jump the barrier and enter the den, and was going to but my mother's prayer on my head was plenty grin. NatGeo Wild crocodile documentaries flashed in my head and I remembered that this is exactly the kind of pond a croc would hide in and be invisible until you get close and it strikes from under the water. So out of curiosity I picked a long twig of wood and put it across into the water and was swiping around to see if I could get a reaction if a croc was inside. No reaction, no sign of movement or so I thought and saw. Finally i gave up and stopped swiping. But the stick was still in my hand on one part and the other end was still inside the pond. I was talking with other people who came to watch the croc pond, and then suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud splash and the croc grabbed the stick, omo mehn, I just jumped with sudden fright, people around screamed, the croc pulled the long stick into the pond, i let go sharp sharp. It happened so fast. Then I was wondering what if I had stupidly entered the den thinking no crocodile was present and stood by the pond. That was the day I got a first hand real life lesson that crocodiles are masters of stealth. They can stay motionless underwater for long and even hold their breath underwater for long, and you won't see any bubbles or ripples, nothing to show that a croc is there until it strikes. Finally I understood what it's like for those wildebeests that drink by the lake in the Nile River, when I watch how they fall into those crocs hands, I used to think they were stupid animals, but now I realize that the reverse is the case, that crocodiles are 1, extremely intelligent and 2, they are masters of stealth, just like tigers.
And dat is the end of ur story lol...... Now lemme fcck u up cos i dnt like ur type of pple... First of all, d crocs at dat abeokuta zoo are dead crocs...
Somehw they used some chemicals to preserve d whole croc. I comfirmed this from a friend dat works there.. .. I dnt know hw they did dat but anybdy with a good sense of reality will see that those crocs are dead animals.. Buh then its really unwise for anybdy to jump into a crocs den to comfirm if its real or not...
Secondly, your whole story is actually fake also.... I dnt know if u were trying to show off ur writing skills or wat but u sounded really pathetic up dia.. Ewww

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by seanjy4konji: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
see zoo with block and roofing sheets...

we act like animals really.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Seunfunmi21(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
argon500:
Zoo in Abeokuta?

Where is it located?
One dey inside oopl
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by ademijuwonlo(f): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
That was how I thought OAU Zoo' croc was carved wood till it moved and made a loud sound. I was terrified cos I didnt know it was real until it walked.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by eazyhifii(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
argon500:
Zoo in Abeokuta?

Where is it located?

That should be OOPL.

The guy that posted that shii is clearly a liar.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Sanchez01: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
Djicemob:
So you think if the zoo want to sue nairaland for publicizing this fake news, you think say anything concern the so called "tweeter user"? Nairaland by its T and C don automatically push am give lala for posting.
What determines it as fake? Ans: The SOURCE! Nairaland is the channel via which the information was shared. It is not the source of the news. For all that it's worth, the info in itself was made public by the source.

So if there is to be a legal case here, it will hang on the source and not the channels used.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by panmunium(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
I can't stop laughing, this one weak me
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by oloriLFC(f): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
youngcizza:
make una try watch the video naaa....
the crocs are moving ( the second video)
nawa for nairaland o.. just misleading people anyhow
You dey mind all of them? People are getting less intelligent day by day. The youths especially undecided
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by oloriLFC(f): 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
youngcizza:
make una try watch the video naaa....
the crocs are moving ( the second video)
nawa for nairaland o.. just misleading people anyhow
You dey mind all of them? People are getting less intelligent day by day. The youths especially undecided
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by aysuprano(m): 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
wellmax:
But Crocs are not rear nor scare Na, why fake it.

They feed on meat thus their feeding will be expensive since we have a poor maintaince culture in the country they decided to fake it
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by eedriyz(m): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
So many gullible folks on this thread. Small time, you people will be calling Buhari a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by tyrone07(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Those are real Crocs. I have two of those same species of crocs and its normal for them to stay still like that

2 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
martineverest:
how do we believe the Twitter user?...cocrodile can stay still for hrs or daysg, besides I don't think zoo keepers will give u this info even if the cocrodile is fake.becausw it could spoil the zoo business
maybe the Twitter user never saw the cocrodile move and believed that it's fake
It's fake.. watch the video and see where a toy croc stucked his head out awkwardly.. Crocs don't stuck their head fully out of water like that.. they submerse 85% and u can clearly see the rest.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
QueenVaji:
And dat is the end of ur story lol...... Now lemme fcck u up cos i dnt like ur type of pple... First of all, d crocs at dat abeokuta zoo are dead crocs...
Somehw they used some chemicals to preserve d whole croc. I comfirmed this from a friend dat works there.. .. I dnt know hw they did dat but anybdy with a good sense of reality will see that those crocs are dead animals.. Buh then its really unwise for anybdy to jump into a crocs den to comfirm if its real or not...
Secondly, your whole story is actually fake also.... I dnt know if u were trying to show off ur writing skills or wat but u sounded really pathetic up dia.. Ewww
Is it at OOPL
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by PelDils: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Shay this Na zoo self or Ooz
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Lugianostar(m): 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
All these analogy of fake life in these country is for what i often ask myself.

They will have gone for millipede and squarels that are everywhere?
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by PromiseJonah(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
you would make a good lawyer

Gracealone:
No. Chinese don't call such crocodiles fake.

They are replicas!

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by zomby(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
This one may be a fake crocodile, but keep in mind that crocodiles have the capability to stand still for many hours without any movement with a very dry scale, which makes them look fake (especially when it is very sunny outside).
However, this is when they are mostly deadly...Do not attempt to check whether they are fake or not, by poking them ...It wouldn’t be pretty!
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by godofuck231: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2019
Try jumping into its cage and see the power of aguiyi
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by beresponsible(m): 12:14am On Sep 06, 2019
wellmax:
But Crocs are not rear nor scare Na, why fake it.
Rare nor scarce. Sorry you confused me

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by glowingflame7: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Ever heard of crocodile tears? They are fake. Crocodiles can fake it. Make sure you don't go near one.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by oadeniyi: 12:58am On Sep 06, 2019
Dis guy is a dunce for trying to make a fool of everyone here. Since he said he confirmed it to b a toy he shud av jumped into d cage for further clarification.... Òdè

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen / Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.