Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn (32458 Views)

Otedola Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Tony Elumelu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Stock Market Investors Lose N11billion On Trading Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2019
Jayslicky:
The whole of MTN worldwide is not worth $40billion.

MTN is a going to be a thing of history in years to come, Airtel is far ahead of them in everything.

That's music to my ears... Please, how much is dstv losing or about to lose?... I need these 2 fvckers to burn.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by brookz: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2019
And in the other news,

The girl in Mtn that keeps saying one minute remaining has finally been arrested. grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Truthbites: 10:33am On Sep 06, 2019
All because of foolish citizens
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Hustoto: 10:41am On Sep 06, 2019
StrikeBack:
lipsrsealed
Wake me up when it's $100B
Rest in peace my broda cos am not sure u will wake up with this ur $100B
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by dammytosh: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2019
When u are done decieving urselves let us know.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by udemzyudex(m): 10:49am On Sep 06, 2019
Godsfavour78:
Assuming I was trader I would have placed a put option at the opening price or start shorting mtn shares. I saw this coming.

Trading too sweet abeg. If control big funds you can even incite Nigerians further against mtn using news and blogs and make cool millions.

If you control bigger funds you can even incite South Africans to behave more like animals using the press which will incite Nigerian further to burn mtn outlets. Their shares will fall like olosho pant falls when money dey hand.

You short you place put options you make billions

You can even bribe NSE official to make sure trading on mtn shares isn't put on hold. You don blow b DAT.

Trading sweet die .

Dats how the power brokers of this world do.

So don't quote to say rubbish abeg. I am just imagination oh.

I understand you, events in the world also judge how stock rise or fall. This is one of the thing I learnt when I was learning FX trading.

That's why most traders are always watch BBC or CNN

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by FarahAideed: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2019
Jayslicky:

MTN is a going to be a thing of history in years to come, Airtel is far ahead of them in everything.

Oga with a consistent average revenue of about 10 billion dollar annually for the MTN group , the entire MTN group will be worth over 50 billion dollars if it's to be sold today
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Godsfavour78: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2019
udemzyudex:

I understand you, events in the world also judge how stock rise or fall. This is one of the thing I learnt when I was learning FX trading.

That's why most traders are always watch BBC or CNN
yes very true. To me Events even play the biggest part especially in the short term.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by gaventa: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2019
This is just the justification of the looting and destruction act. We can’t eat our cake and have it. For those saying Nigerians will lose more they are just daft and bunch of hypocritical and clueless cowards. Even South Africans burnt buildings where foreigners sold to show you how much they wanted them to leave.
juvewalex:
If care is not taken , this may just be the beginning of losses for mtn investors .

Nigeria will lose yes, but mtn will lose most . It will be better for mtn to speak to its home country to provide enabling enviroment for other nationals in South Africa for business and security purposes.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Kolisky(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2019
StrikeBack:
lipsrsealed
Wake me up when it's $100B

grin grin grin

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by MrStan11(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2019
Godsfavour78:
Assuming I was trader I would have placed a put option at the opening price or start shorting mtn shares. I saw this coming.

Trading too sweet abeg. If control big funds you can even incite Nigerians further against mtn using news and blogs and make cool millions.

If you control bigger funds you can even incite South Africans to behave more like animals using the press which will incite Nigerian further to burn mtn outlets. Their shares will fall like olosho pant falls when money dey hand.

You can even bribe NSE official to make sure trading on mtn shares isn't put on hold. You don blow b DAT.

Trading sweet die .

wow, you are a good speculator. Gamblers use this through match fixing. Unfortunately for me, I trade Forex only.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by seanjy4konji: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2019
wetin concern me.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Kolisky(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2019
Jalabase:
*What happened in South Africa is Black VS Black crime, not xenophobia*

*XENOPHOBIA is the fear of Foreigners*

Watch and educate yourself

*©️JALABASE MEDIA✊*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmN7KEud6QU

See dindinrin grin grin

You mean, Southy is our Father's Land So, Southy and Nigeria practices the same culture?

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2019
Simplyleo:
$40b or N40b?

If the former, I'm cool, but if the latter, I'm not satisfied? angry

How much is Nigeria Foreign reserver that MTN will lose $40b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by bluke(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2019
Jayslicky:

u dont get it yet,
40b in 2 days, they are raiding the economy.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by lastempero: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2019
The funny thing is that fg is also affected by this menace because they refuse to act on time
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Acidosis(m): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2019
They will be back, of course, to fire some staff and reconsider wages and benefits. As much as we want MNCs to pay for crimes committed by their countries of origin, we also must realize that they're not directly involved in the crime. We can only use them as bargaining tool, we can't make them pay for sins they didn't commit.

It is perpetual f00lishness to engage and invite foreign investors on one hand, and pray for their downfall on the other hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Godsfavour78: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2019
MrStan11:
wow, you are a good speculator. Gamblers use this through match fixing. Unfortunately for me, I trade Forex only.
it can also be manipulated but it needs to be a very big event like war,political upheavals or major terrorist attack.

Trust me some people have done this.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Omudia11: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2019
Do you know what $40bn is? That's the whole GDP of some African countries.
Simplyleo:
$40b or N40b?

If the former, I'm cool, but if the latter, I'm not satisfied? angry
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2019
adedayourt:
here dey come again with their lies

I also dont believe this.there is a motive behind this press release
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2019
Xisnin:

You don't have to imagine anything.

You don't see anything wrong when the citizens of the same country hate on one
another but you don't want blacks to hate blacks.

Who are the so called citizens if I may ask?
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by nnamdi2008: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2019
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/09/xenophobic-attacks-mtn-investors-lose-n40bn/

we should quit d consumption of all south African goods and services like: stanbic ibtc banks, pick n pay , mtn , sab-miller products (TROPHY BEER, HERO BEER, BUDWEISER,)
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by kingjrofficial(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2019
Who cares...... IDGAF
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2019
the news is uncalled for..where we told how much they make in a day..not to talk of weeks ,months and years they have been here operating... its only when they loose big amount of money they will be crying foul...
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by yeyeosoronga: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
Jayslicky:

I cant wait for the company to DIE in Nigeria. Please Nigerians need to stop watching Big brother and DSTV
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by ZinoFasisi: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2019
Godsfavour78:

Trading sweet die .

U don't need to imagine, That's exactly d way things are bro. when they say people make billions from trading, u think they don't influence d market through back doors? They ALL do
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Xisnin(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

[b]Who are the so called citizens[/b if I may ask?
I don't know the so-called citizens, but I know they are all black.

asuustrike1: I hate other blacks in Nigeria but SA blacks should stop hating
other blacks because it is bad.

Stop preaching fake love.
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
Xisnin:

I don't know the so-called citizens, but I know they are all black.

asuustrike1: I hate other blacks in Nigeria but SA blacks should stop hating
other blacks because it is bad.

Stop preaching fake love.
Are you OK? angry angry Where did you see making such statement of hating fellow blacks? angry
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by adedayourt(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
Mustsucceed:

I also dont believe this.there is a motive behind this press release

Wateva comes outa d press should be filtered bfor internalizing them
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by 8stargeneral: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
only?... am not happy
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn by Sagay212: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2019
that's why its always good to have reasonable competitors. Thanks to Adenuga for investing in Glo. Imagine if we had only MTN and maybe Airtel. We would have just been stranded and look so fool.ish.

No reasonable competition for a store like shoprite. If Shoprite closes for like a month, some people will go hungry and almost die because they have no other place to shop than shoprite. Some even buy pepper , meat and vegetable at the same shoprite. Meanwhile the useless and cursed politicians stealing public funds will not use their brain to start a business similar to shoprite so that they can compete and even send them out of market when they repeat their xenophobia nonsense. The only thing the useless politicians want to do is steal money and buy houses in dubai and spend lavish on girls.

Imagine if dstv suspends operation for one or two months..people will grumble and be bored to death as there are no reasonable alternatives. the people who tried to compete with multichoice where frustrated out of the business with the help of some cursed nigerians because of bribe.

We really need to wake up. You cannot depend totally on foreign investors for everything. they will always take advantage of you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank / CBN Plans To Introduce N5000, N2000 Notes / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.