Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? (9473 Views)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Are Most Nigerian Men Cursed To Stop Complimenting Their Wives After Marriage? / Why Do Men Cheat On Their Decent Wives After 2 Yr Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Loveaflame(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Just this evening a woman whom I know just told me that her marriage is about to collapse.The man wants to divorce her after he has made money.

She said he has just bought a 2.5m car and bought a house in a good place in Lagos.

My question to the great nairalanders is that

WHY DO MEN DIVORCE THEIR WIVES AFTER BECOMING RICH?
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by atampakoeg(f): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
ask the woman, your friend.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by harakiri(m): 4:53am On Oct 31, 2010
@Topic

This is why i am focused on not only being extremely wealthy but also to live my life to the fullest before considering that over glorified bondage called marriage.

@Poster

The way and manner you asked the question shows you are completely biased and one sided about this issue (not the kind of character i'd expect a man to exhibit). Perhaps you should have asked the woman the real reason why he wants to leave her. It's always easy for a woman to say "we suffered together and now that he is rich, he wants to leave me". She will NEVER tell you of the sleepless nights she gave him with endless nagging all because she wants one trifle or the other.She will NEVER tell you how she used to call him "incompetent failure" and "not man enough" during his trying years.She will NEVER tell you of the lengthy periods of time she denied him sExXx all because she wants to manipulate him into doing one useless thing or the other. She will NEVER tell you about the time when their marriage nearly crashed all because she had started flirting with men,having "male friends" and the husband somehow got to know but didn't over react on the issue.

One thing you need to realize (especially as a man) is that things like these just don't "happen" the way you presented it. This is an issue that has been building and budding over a long period of time.How are you sure the man hasn't been enduring all kinds of crap from the woman over the years? I'm pretty sure your myopic mind didn't bother to see opposite sides of the coin. Women bring up all kinds of crap after marriage. The "babe" you met years ago turns into the "evil witch" over the years. Mind you, if this woman was in the one in position of money, she would have dumped the man long ago.Women have this in-built "greener pasture complex" that they have no control over.They are forever doomed to chase after the best guy,the best house,the best car,the best boyfriend,the best husband,the best wedding gown, the best,the best, the best (It's all about them, them, them and them only). Are you so myopically blind that you don't see how women treat their men when they have more money? Any little thing, they'll remind you how they "delivered" you from the gutter and how they sponsored the wedding and how they did this and that to improve your life (always in your face).

Nuff said!
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2010
@harakiri Thanks so much, I enjoy your reply, seems like a morning food to me, Love ur reply .Good one.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2010
Harakiri,

You nailed it
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2010
harakiri:

@Topic

This is why i am focused on not only being extremely wealthy but also to live my life to the fullest before considering that over glorified bondage called marriage.

@Poster

The way and manner you asked the question shows you are completely biased and one sided about this issue (not the kind of character i'd expect a man to exhibit). Perhaps you should have asked the woman the real reason why he wants to leave her. It's always easy for a woman to say "we suffered together and now that he is rich, he wants to leave me". She will NEVER tell you of the sleepless nights she gave him with endless nagging all because she wants one trifle or the other.She will NEVER tell you how she used to call him "incompetent failure" and "not man enough" during his trying years.She will NEVER tell you of the lengthy periods of time she denied him sExXx all because she wants to manipulate him into doing one useless thing or the other. She will NEVER tell you about the time when their marriage nearly crashed all because she had started flirting with men,having "male friends" and the husband somehow got to know but didn't over react on the issue.

One thing you need to realize (especially as a man) is that things like these just don't "happen" the way you presented it. This is an issue that has been building and budding over a long period of time.How are you sure the man hasn't been enduring all kinds of crap from the woman over the years? I'm pretty sure your myopic mind didn't bother to see opposite sides of the coin. Women bring up all kinds of crap after marriage. The "babe" you met years ago turns into the "evil witch" over the years. Mind you, if this woman was in the one in position of money, she would have dumped the man long ago.Women have this in-built "greener pasture complex" that they have no control over.They are forever doomed to chase after the best guy,the best house,the best car,the best boyfriend,the best husband,the best wedding gown, the best,the best, the best (It's all about them, them, them and them only). Are you so myopically blind that you don't see how women treat their men when they have more money? Any little thing, they'll remind you how they "delivered" you from the gutter and how they sponsored the wedding and how they did this and that to improve your life (always in your face).

Nuff said!

Thank you.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Mbeki: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2010
Women should be more careful with how they treat their men when they've made the money, cos they by then, a lot of ladies out there will be competing for the soul of your man, any misbehavior from the woman will not deter the man from trying out his new found power (money)
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2010
harakiri:

@Topic

@Poster

Nuff said!

If a man receives insults from his wife just because he's broke, then there's no reason for him to stay in the marriage!

For him to stay and receive the insults and help (no matter how little) only to find the way out ones things get better, it just plain wicked!

All I can say is that life is unpredictable, things could turn around again for him . . . . and then what? undecided
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Plutarch: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2010
Its a very cmon thing. I personally attribute to guys not giving mind to their prospects,aspirations,ambition when choosing their wife. Many got married in their late 20s or early 30s when they were still trying to get their footing n as such marry a lady based on their prevailing condition/level.
My advise is that men shld marry ladies they will b comfortable wiv years afta marriage regardless of their positn then. I was just laughing reading a thread on Patience Jonathan's watery use of english;this is one of d reasons y men change wife when they attain high level.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by duchess4: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2010
And what if the wife had been the faithful and supporting type?
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Plutarch: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2010
@duchess,
Ideally a wife must b faithful n supportive. I am never an advocate of a man dropping his wife as a result of newly found fame or wealth. However, i fink a man should get it right from day one,his future plan/ambition should b taken care of when choosing a wife
Personally, i will never marry a woman who is not a univ graduate,good looking n wiv a respectable personality.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by omofat: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
~duchess~:

Then God will punish the man for such a wicked and callous attitude.

But if the woman was as described by Harakiri, then she deserves all she got and more
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by duchess4: 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
Plutarch:

@duchess,
Ideally a wife must b faithful n supportive. I am never an advocate of a man dropping his wife as a result of newly found fame or wealth. However, i fink a man should get it right from day one,his future plan/ambition should b taken care of when choosing a wife
Personally, i will never marry a woman who is not a univ graduate,good looking n wiv a respectable personality.

Good to know you already know what you want in a woman. Some men go into marriage blinded by love, lust or infatuation and begin to complain

when these emotions have kinda faded off when reality and real life expectations set in. That is when all those attitudes they used to loff so much

become a problem! grin
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by duchess4: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2010
omo~fat:

Then God will punish the man for such a wicked and callous attitude.

But if the woman was as described by Harakiri, then she deserves all she got and more

But while waiting for God`s punishment on such a fellow, what is the woman supposed to be doing?
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by omofat: 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
~duchess~:

But while waiting for God`s punishment on such a fellow, what is the woman supposed to be doing?

"Eat, Pray, Love".

"Love, Live, Laugh".

She will continue to live her life in the best way possible - whatever that means to her.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by duchess4: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
omo~fat:

"Eat, Pray, Love".

"Love, Live, Laugh".

She will continue to live her life in the best way possible - whatever that means to her.

Very sound advice!
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Shinatu: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2010
~duchess~:

It is difficult to be 'faithful and supporting' to a man like that especially for a long period
Everything you do to him will be 'because he does not have money' you cannot even be yourself, you
will have to be watching out for his ego in whatever you do.
He already will feel like a failure and you are the only one available for him to still exercise his authority on, so when he is rubbished outside, he wants to come home and mend his pride at your expense.

If it just the two of you, no problem, you may be able to cope for some time.
But when you have a family of three kids you have left the house since early hours of the morning to cater for, caresing someone's ego will be the last thing on your mind whne you get home.

Any single slip you make (which every human can make when stressed/overburdened) will never be forgotten and will definitely be used against you when the dough arrives!

So women please pray that your husband will not be in this situation, it may take more than an Angel to satisfy him

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by rubi(f): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
Men are polygamous by nature. When a man have money he will tear eye but when he is as poor as church rat he will be as subtle as snake and as gentle as dove. I don't blame women who insist in marrying a multimillionaire at the

end of the game they have nothing to loose. Money and power has a way of making people arrogant and proud if not well managed.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by tEsLim(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
I have a friend who is just waiting to be ok and then leave is troublesome wife that have nick-named him mugu. He's just staying in the marriage pending when things will be fine. I'll be glad when he leaves her too. She insults him even when his friends are around. Obviously because he's broke.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by omofat: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
tEsLim:

I have a friend who is just waiting to be ok and then leave is troublesome wife that have nick-named him mugu. He's just staying in the marriage pending when things will be fine.  I'll be glad when he leaves her too. She insults him even when his friends are around. Obviously because he's broke.

There is an old african saying that goes "the things you cannot accept when you are rich, you should start rejecting them while you are still poor". Your friend is still doing e go better, e go better? poor man prayer. What will he do if he never quite becomes rich?
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
~duchess~:

She should go and face her own career and make money for herself to show the man that she wasnt planning to leech on him or be a parasite
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by MaiSuya(m): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2010
omo~fat:

There is an old african saying that goes "the things you cannot accept when you are rich, you should start rejecting them while you are still poor". Your friend is still doing e go better, e go better? poor man prayer. What will he do if he never quite becomes rich?

GBAM! Suppose the man even eventually becomes rich, what exactly is the money expected to bring? More, perhaps better wives? I laff. . .
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Apostlexx(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2010
'how to keep your man forever' is a book 4 every woman who wants 2 enjoy her homd & prevent her husbd dumping her.u can prevent nd overcome assault from men with it
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by chyz1: 3:13am On Nov 03, 2010
Because that's the time the babez start rolling in.duh tongue
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2010
harakiri:

@Topic

@Poster

Nuff said!

My good, like-minded friend Harakiri. Always on point (and on the money).
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2010
money does not change anyone it simply brings out who you really are.
The man in qxn nobody knws y he left his wife if its becaus he is rolling in money now then he equally used her till he found his feet.
now thats a terrible person now that he has financial power and can talk to madam the way he deems fit why not try to correct her and put her in her place he didnt have to leave her for a pretentious new gal who is still outside and when she gets inside will show her true colour.
Re: Why Do Men Divorce Their Wives After Becoming Rich? by mengi: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2010
@harakiri
Nice shot, one bullet, one kill.

@ujujoan
even the ladies aint buying your poo.

PS
Divorce will come when the camel's back is broken, whether there is money or not.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew / What Will U Do If Ur Husband's Mistress Calls U With His Line? / Why Are So Many Attractive Religious Ladies Not Getting Married These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.