Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) (58755 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Simona Halep Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 Wimbledon (Photos) / Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2019
This woman just retire nah. These children go give u incurable injury o
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2019
Already passed steffi, Magaret court rather record of 24 GS in open era
Carlyboi:
Wow!another lost final I think she should focus strictly on the grand slams for 2020 and see if she can finally surpass steffi graff and pick up 24,25 grand slams and just retire afterwards!
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2019
TempleHouse:
The DNA of Black People will not allow them to quit when the ovation is loud, and thus the reasons why Serena will continue to lose in the final of every Tennis Grand Slam.
I've encouraged my 10 yrs old daughter to keep training to meet Serena in the final in 2027 God's willing. ,
by the then Serena go clock 70
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Carlyboi(m): 12:43am On Sep 08, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
Already passed steffi, Magaret court rather record of 24 GS in open era
i sha kno say na one of Margaret court and stefffi graf noni!
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 12:44am On Sep 08, 2019
Emereze360:
good evening my fellow nairalanders,my lecturer gave me a 10page assignment to write on "DISCUSS THE VIEW THAT PEOPLE OF NIGERIA NEVER LIVED IN SPLENDID ISOLATION FROM ONE ANOTHER EVEN BEFORE THE COLONIAL RULE " Pls am confuse on how to start it ,ur kindled suggestions will be needed (its my continuous Assessment worth 40%) pls help a brother
na we send u make u go school.
like someone said above school na scam

go learn work my guy
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by fela4live: 12:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Carlyboi:
Wow!another lost final I think she should focus strictly on the grand slams for 2020 and see if she can finally surpass steffi graff and pick up 24,25 grand slams and just retire afterwards!
What are you saying? She already surpass Steffi Graff. You should be talking about Margaret Court.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Carlyboi(m): 12:47am On Sep 08, 2019
fela4live:

What are you saying? She already surpass Steffi Graff. You should be talking about Margaret Court.
someone mentioned that already!and I know it’s either of the two also!
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by adeswagsdmj(m): 12:48am On Sep 08, 2019
You guys saying she should retire

She is at the Final not defeated in the First Round

Abi you think say na Beans to reach Grand slam Final

9 Likes

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by saajus: 12:51am On Sep 08, 2019
Iya, e don do na
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by TempleHouse: 12:53am On Sep 08, 2019
DateMynd44:
she gave birth?
thought she's unmarried?
Are you in Congo Republic where WiFi is only in Government House
Serena is married with a daughter over two years ago !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by robotix: 12:55am On Sep 08, 2019
fernandez1:
Iya should just retire jejely
she no get sense na... Somethkng she should have left since...some people don't know when to leave when the ovation is loudest
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 12:56am On Sep 08, 2019
TempleHouse:
Are you in Congo Republic where WiFi is only in Government House Serena is married with a daughter over two years ago !
hmm Venus Noor?
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by zomoears(m): 12:56am On Sep 08, 2019
thatigboman:
Serena should just retire. The continual humiliation is just too painful to bear

I think she puts herself under pressure to win a 24th Grand Slam and/or best Margaret Court's record of 24, forgetting that the Margaret created the record in a different era where the competition was less.

Margaret Court retired at 35 yrs, Serena is already 38 and pushing. For her to make it to the finals shows she is still good. Guess she just collapses under pressure. She needs a psychologist to work on her mentally.

7 Likes

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 12:58am On Sep 08, 2019
At this point the ovation is loudest, please take a bow.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by zomoears(m): 1:03am On Sep 08, 2019
luminouz:

Then you know nothing!
Even geniuses have bad runs but a true champion never quits in face of adversity,that's what makes them extra special. Serena,Federe and even C.Ronaldo.

She is chasing a dream,to be the best women gram slam title holder. She reached the finals in 3 of the 4 slams, that's to tell you her zeal and drive to win. She is still very good. Though she lost,but she would win again, trust me. Next year is Serena's year. Bookmark this quote and serif it doesn't come true next year

Me thinks she needs a good psychologist to work on her. The pressure of the finals and breaking the record seems to get to her. Or maybe the Reddit guy, Alexis, is not doing something right.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Studyinchina200(m): 1:04am On Sep 08, 2019
You should tell your Country's politicians the same thing.

yinkus6750:
Serena should stop allowing young girls to be using her to shine when it matters most.
Age and motherhood is telling on her.
She has made her name , she should quietly retire and quit while the ovation is still loud.
Same for Fed too.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by NaijaElba(m): 1:07am On Sep 08, 2019
fernandez1:
Iya should just retire jejely

I was about to say this. She needs to stop embarrassing herself. seems her time has passed.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by AntiMCU: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2019
mysportdab:
19-year-old Bianca Andreescu has shocked the tennis world by defeating Serena Williams 6-3, 7-5 in the 2019 US Open Final, MySportDab reports.

Andreescu has become the first woman from Canada to win a Grand Slam after producing a stunning performance to beat Serena Williams in the US Open final.

Andreescu, playing in her first Major final, was gifted the ideal start after Williams double-faulted to drop serve and the 19-year-old was nerveless as she stayed in control and won the opening set 6-3.

In the second set, Andreescu's level elevated even higher as she ruthlessly took advantage of a poor Williams serving day and served for the match at 5-2.

Williams hit back in stunning fashion to level the set at 5-5 but when serving to stay in the match, Andreescu found her form again and on her third championship, she cracked a forehand return for a winner to create history on Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Watch Video;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/09/omg-19-yr-old-bianca-andreescu-defeats.html

Can she fucking retire?
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by AntiMCU: 1:13am On Sep 08, 2019
luminouz:

Seems so...those extra oestrogens,progesterones and endorphins she had been using before childbirth seem depleted. She still has drive but lacks the cutting,merciless,ruthless,laser-focused mindset to win. She will get it back,I promise you
At what age?

Would have agreed with you if she was younger.

The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 08, 2019
TempleHouse:
The DNA of Black People will not allow them to quit when the ovation is loud, and thus the reasons why Serena will continue to lose in the final of every Tennis Grand Slam.
I've encouraged my 10 yrs old daughter to keep training to meet Serena in the final in 2027 God's willing. ,
nonsense

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Ishilove: 1:32am On Sep 08, 2019
Serena, please quit while the ovation is loudest.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Octobertwentysix(f): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2019
This is what pregnancy, delivery and motherhood does to a woman, it takes a toll on the body and energy reminds me of Martina Hignis a former female world number one during the reign of Leyton Hewitt. She never remain the same after delivery had to retire.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Octobertwentysix(f): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2019
This is what pregnancy, delivery and motherhood does to a woman, it takes a toll on the body and energy reminds me of Martina Hignis a former female world number one during the reign of Leyton Hewitt. She never remain the same after delivery had to retire.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Subduer: 2:31am On Sep 08, 2019
yesloaded:

Same here but I wish this woman can just retire, there's time for everything
Playing the finals in two consecutive years shows Serena is still a force in Tennis Circuits.
Motherhood is a delight, but the opportunity has cost her Tennis titles that are nothing to compare with being a mom. Her body chemistry is adjusting slowly to the form that wins sporting titles. I'm Serena's fan.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by mrmannothot: 3:00am On Sep 08, 2019
Hey nairalanders sorry to bother u guys but please a brother is in need and is sincerely pleading for help

i need someone to please help me with the sum of two thousand naira, i will pay back if required to by the twentieth of this month.......pls help a fellow in need if u can

and pls if u can't i also appreciate......don't quote me back pls if u can't help me it would be useless wasting ur precious time on me

happy Sunday to u all.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by bellotaofeek: 3:06am On Sep 08, 2019
Serena reminds me of mike Tyson. When your time is up. Take a leave and don’t be humiliated.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by banji1(m): 3:15am On Sep 08, 2019
If you put your heart into it, you can achieve it.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by richPHAROAH: 3:25am On Sep 08, 2019
can this hoe just retire. too much g angbang is making her weak
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by richPHAROAH: 3:26am On Sep 08, 2019
mrmannothot:
Hey nairalanders sorry to bother u guys but please a brother is in need and is sincerely pleading for help

i need someone to please help me with the sum of two thousand naira, i will pay back if required to by the twentieth of this month.......pls help a fellow in need if u can

and pls if u can't i also appreciate......don't quote me back pls if u can't help me it would be useless wasting ur precious time on me

happy Sunday to u all.
imagine the begger dishing out orders lol. guy sell your phone or pawn it for 2k. this begging pattern is so pathetic. reformat it
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 08, 2019
Serena Williams is not the greatest female tennis player of all time

Margaret Court Remains the greatest Female Tennis Player of all times.

Margaret Court won a record 64 Grand Slam tournament titles, including a record 24 singles titles, 19 women's doubles titles, and a record 21 mixed doubles titles. The total includes two shared titles at the Australian Championships/Open in 1965 and 1969.
Re: Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) by ScotMisile: 3:34am On Sep 08, 2019
Exactly the same mistake Mike Tyson made, still fighting when you've been defeated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Confront Coach Mikel Arteta After Chelsea Loss (Photos) / Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract / Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.