Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations (49497 Views)

China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Wande22(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2019
The problems with Nigeria is Nigerians themselves

1. Have you in your wildest imagination seen an advert about DUBAI showing its slums?

2. Have you seen the slums of Singapore in any documentary?

But if it was Nigeria, (most especially Ibadan) you will never escape the "BROWN-ROOF" IMAGE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Baroba(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Smartwave:
We all know certain tribe behavior, even within Nigeria. There character, human relations. ( Not everyone can tolerate that ). They exhibited the same character in Ghana, the Ghanaians was forced to lock up there shops, I'm sure if Lagos, Kano and PH are not Nigeria city they would have experience same. :- lack of respect to host community, get money, any how, in respect of who get hurt. fake goods, drugs dealing etc. Imaging someone that did not finished secondary school or learn any vocational work, but travel abroad to find money?? He must commit crime to get it.

Even online with no gun to your heard, your cowardice is still been exhibited, be a f**king man and name names...I cannot stand Sisi Chi Chi men..

3 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Amyyy2020: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Wow
I gerrit now...sad though
livebyday:
This is not surprising, I intentionally don't comment much on this incident due to the general level of reasoning I see on this forum

Nigerians are the minority in terms of foreign immigrant population in SA for crimes.

A poster asked above why we are in the headlines and it surprises me! is it that the person doesn't understand the concept of envy?

The regular young man in Mzanzi is lazy, gives into the cull of hard drugs, derives pleasure in.rapimg under aged High school girls and when his wife returns home from work tired and exhausted then confronts him with the information the neighbors gave her that he brought a teenager into.their home.while she was at work he proceeds to beat her up.

Now then moves in the Nigerian trader who came.armed.with determination to hustle hard and repay the money used to send him there, he has no time for trivialities but Hawks his gala and coke on the streets there..

Mind you mzanzi youth see such jobs as far below them, they believe they have earned the right to a good life for their parents suffering apartheid... They have a serious entitlement complex

But they watch the Nigerian hustle everyday leaving his house at 6am to catch the early morning train out to sell gala and coke in CBD joburg to workers

After six months same nigerian trader rents a shop and starts selling medicines in a chemist and he is getting more money the typical mzanzi young man is infuriated and upset as his wife he beats up.regularly is comparing him to the Nigerian ..and this annoys him

To cut a long story short the Nigerians hustle spirit holds a mirror up.to the SA youth faces and they don't like what they see hence they resort to the age old primial instinct which says what they don't understand they fear and how do weaklings respond to fear ? They mob attack and inflict bodily harm

Nigerians aren't a major concern for crime in SA as they are just loud and more determined hustlers

The typical Mzanzi youth is local , uninspired and a masochist

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by passion007: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2019
livebyday:
This is not surprising, I intentionally don't comment much on this incident due to the general level of reasoning I see on this forum

Nigerians are the minority in terms of foreign immigrant population in SA for crimes.

A poster asked above why we are in the headlines and it surprises me! is it that the person doesn't understand the concept of envy?

The regular young man in Mzanzi is lazy, gives into the cull of hard drugs, derives pleasure in.rapimg under aged High school girls and when his wife returns home from work tired and exhausted then confronts him with the information the neighbors gave her that he brought a teenager into.their home.while she was at work he proceeds to beat her up.

Now then moves in the Nigerian trader who came.armed.with determination to hustle hard and repay the money used to send him there, he has no time for trivialities but Hawks his gala and coke on the streets there..

Mind you mzanzi youth see such jobs as far below them, they believe they have earned the right to a good life for their parents suffering apartheid... They have a serious entitlement complex

But they watch the Nigerian hustle everyday leaving his house at 6am to catch the early morning train out to sell gala and coke in CBD joburg to workers

After six months same nigerian trader rents a shop and starts selling medicines in a chemist and he is getting more money the typical mzanzi young man is infuriated and upset as his wife he beats up.regularly is comparing him to the Nigerian ..and this annoys him

To cut a long story short the Nigerians hustle spirit holds a mirror up.to the SA youth faces and they don't like what they see hence they resort to the age old primial instinct which says what they don't understand they fear and how do weaklings respond to fear ? They mob attack and inflict bodily harm

Nigerians aren't a major concern for crime in SA as they are just loud and more determined hustlers

Cheers

This stereotyping of entire peoples is exactly the problem. My friend, nobody likes being called lazy, which ,by the way, is a relative word. If you've moved from a deprived area, chances are you'll work harder than the local population of a more affluent area. Immigrants from third world countries are generally harder working the world over. Trouble starts when you start referring to the local people as lazy. We've seen this between Nigerian ethnic groups. We've seen the backlash when Buhari called our youths lazy. The human being is very sensitive and Nigerians say it as it is, no sugarcoating -- which is both a virtue and a problem. In matters like this, we need a bit more tact and diplomacy. Certainly referring to people as lazy will escalate the situation.

That said, there's no excuse for killing foreigners or wanton loot of their sustenance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Kinematics: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2019
Wow, I was thinking Nigerians are the majority.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by BBM: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2019
IntrovertedK:
that's because of their fellow whites in sa. There are many european in seychelles too that they've become part of seychelles, they are all migrants.
True
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by TMKsouth: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2019
mmb:
According to official South African statistics, as of 2011, 2.2 million foreigners live in South Africa.

Source: UN

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_South_Africa

OH PLEASE, these are the just the official stats for the legal migrants. The illegal ones are 10 times as much.

There are almost 3 million Zimbabweans and 800 000 Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Basher8583: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2019
Flyingngel:
See where bad leadership back home have landed us.

Abeg keep your trap shut.

Too much excuses. Why can't you act decently in your host country. Animal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by movetoca: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2019
Smithkafors:

How are they contributing the most headache? are Nigerians the only people that carry drugs,most if not every country has people that are into drugs.Did you not watch documentary where they should shops owned by Nigerians being looted nd burnt?.
For me,the primary reason for this is envy because Nigerians are very aggressive when it comes to business because they have families to send back money.

N.B. Other foreigners are well into crimes compared to nigerians.The only reason why crime in Nigeria is pronounced is because of our media,crime sells their newspapers.Another reason is because of tribalism everyone wanting to pull each other down thereby making it pronounced.Are Nigerians into crime more than Mexicans and Brazilians?
You are totally understand Nigeria's problem. Tribalism is why we broadcast little things here. South Africans are into crimes like rape and robbery more than Nigerians yet no one is calling them names.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by caprini1: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Nigerians in South Africa this year, 2019, is more than 200,000

If you're interested in studying in Cyprus, click here

https://www.nairaland.com/5383879/study-south-cyprus
And you still want to send people out to Cyprus abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by richPHAROAH: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2019
27000 legal and documented nigerians and 1000000 illegal nigerians. argue with nelson mandela wife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by TMKsouth: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2019
caprini1:
And you still want to send people out to Cyprus abi?

LOL!
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Jman06(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
so we are not even the majority yet we are being targeted. ....at times I wonder why we are so much hated across the globe..May God help Nigeria!
The reason is simply bad leadership. Bad leadership has turned many Nigerians against their own country, so no patriotism, no love for fellow citizens and no love for the country! My people have a saying that when a man decides to call his treasure rubbish, strangers would have no choice than treat such treasure as rubbish.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Semperito31(f): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2019
Robisky001:
So why are they mostly targeting Nigerians only? Nigerians must be a special breed from the rest.

Cos we are hard working, and their babes are running after our men
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Naija247blog: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2019
That's really a large number
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by lomprico(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Robisky001:
So why are they mostly targeting Nigerians only? Nigerians must be a special breed from the rest.

Nigerians are the most successful among the bunch, thus the envy. am sure other African nationals envy us there too.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by ZinoFasisi: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
so we are not even the majority yet we are being targeted. ....at times I wonder why we are so much hated across the globe..May God help Nigeria!

u shouldn't wonder, u know d reasons
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by ahukannakate(f): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2019
Imagine the statistics, why are they carrying Nigerians on their head
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Sidneyjack: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2019
Do we have such records in Nigeria? Does Nigerian government know the number of foreigners in our country?
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Elliot2(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2019
Whether Nigerians are only 1000 in number or not,we should realise the damage a small amount of Nigerians can cause in a place. Few Nigerians,especially the Igbo people can easily incur the hatred of people in course of business due to their self acclaimed smartness. Other than pure crimes,some of them are very exploitative. I have once developed a strong feeling of hatred for the Igbo man due to my encounters with them. Those guys exploited me due to my naivety, selling fake and substandard goods for me with very high prices even higher than the originals. Imagine a foreigner in your community exploiting you with fake and substandard good. And worse part is,they still call you a mugu for falling prey to them. My elder brother has similar hatred and trust issues for the igbo and also Yoruba men,because of the amount he had lost to fraudsters from those places. So,just imagine them bragging with that ill gotten wealth to spite you.
In as much as we hate xenophobic treatments from south Africans which may be due to envy,we must equally see other factors like the exploitations of the hosts by our brothers and sisters over there. We all know Nigerians are very smart and hardworking, and it is no wonder these traits become pronounced when it involves crimes committed by Nigerians. We put all of that talent and hard work when we want to be mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by sparko1(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

Where is @neddstack see yourself, 500k Nigerians you said, list is out oh!

Whenever you see a man that won't stand with his brother, you have found a dangerous man!
No matter what, as far as he didn't commit a crime, even if he did, the law should take its cause
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Princedapace(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2019
StillX10:
This statistics shows that South Africans only envy Nigerians

Official and not including those with illegal papers.

And make we stop deceiving our selves. Nigerians who messed up Nigeria are capable of messing up any other society.

That thing that makes Nigerians to run from their country is what they can do in other countries.

I am not having any sympathy for Nigerians. Almost every country has issues with Nigerians. Just that SA handler theirs in a brutal way, every country is making it harder for Nigerians to come into their country. Canada, USA, UK, etc. It is same story everywhere. This shows there is something wrong with us in this country. But we don't tell our selves the truth.

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Flyingngel(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Basher8583 post:

Abeg keep your trap shut.

Too much excuses. Why can't you act decently in your host country. Animal.

You are very stupid. In fact you are mad.nicompoop like you.
What concern you with what i post.
I don't insult people on this platform. I alway try to be civil, but for you to bring insult that is part and parcel of your family way of life to my mention shows that you are mad raise to the power of trillions. Nonsense.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by mostHandsome01: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

You are wise Sir .

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by antadiop2: 10:34am On Sep 09, 2019
JimohMomoh:

You have said it all, most guys that comments on top are either ignorant of what is really happening on ground or choosed to be sentimental.
Zimbabwe and other southern african countries are the most persecuted in SouthAfrica.
Nigerians are popular there because of flamboyant lifestyle of some of them and many do drugs too. Some even do drugs and still own legit businesses to cover up.

Just like Nigerians, there are lot of Zimbabweans in jails too. The Zimbabweans even do drugs more than Nigerians.

The whites in SouthAfrica came during colonial rule and due to tourism, they forsee these voilence so they mostly live together in planned highbrow areas, segregating themselves from blacks. They hardly live in slumps and legitimately move around with guns.

Actually whites from Holland started arriving in the 1600s then the British whites came later and displaced the Dutch leading to the boer war 1901.
Also there are a lot of poor white folk in SA, please google a documentary by Reggie Yates on white poverty in SA. A lot of poor whites also ran away to England for better life.

God is you
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by ignant: 10:39am On Sep 09, 2019
There is a propaganda initiated by South African nationalists and spread by their media about the population of Nigerians there. They cite 800,000 but they have no evidence for this.

A fact checking organisation called 'Africa Check' based in South Africa made a research and put the Nigerian population at less than 33,000.

If we assume, for the benefit of their argument that there are 100,000 to 200,000 undocumented nigerians, then imagine the number of undocumented nationals of countries surrounding SA.

When Lucky Dube was murdered, do you remember the country they claimed its citizens did it, even without investigation? I do.

The taxi driver recently murdered, remember the country they claimed its citizens did it? I do.

This is instructive.

Make no mistake- some Nigerians are involved in crime, just like other nationals and the SA govt has the legal routes to take.

If they continue to subtly use their mobs, it is only fair there be consequences.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2019
toyetade:
There are so many undocumented Nigerians living illegally in SA. These were not counted in the UN figures. That UN figure cannot be correct.
and also undocumented stat for other countries.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Shokudo(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2019
I can't see Japanese, Norwegians, Canadians and Switzerland nationals in this list.

You hardly see the citizens of the above countries roaming the world. They are very good countries to relocate and reside

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by banji1(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2019
Robisky001:
Forget that story my brother, those are the documented Nigerians in SA. The undocumented runs into thousands. Some dey enter through porous route from Namibia, Zimbabwe sef...ask a typical Nigerian in SA and they'll give you the real pix of things.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by anthonnnny(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2019
Flyingngel:
See where bad leadership back home have landed us.

Bad leadership back home brought hate to us across the globe ? .. Gree say you no get sense first .. Then I'll tell you why..
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by GoldHorse(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2019
Robisky001:

It's because of the way some of our brothers especially from the east behave. It's extremely lousy, noisy and very disrespectful to the community there! This is not to drag anybody or tribe. It's what I have witnessed and it is the fact!

I first witnessed it in Cape Town. Was on my way to eat, around noon, at one restaurant that sell nice Nigerian (mainly) Ibo food. I passed by one big house and the noise coming from this house on this very quiet street was to say the least very thunderous. Music, shout, etc. I was quite ashamed when I heard Ibo language being spoken.

This is just one of the things I witnessed. There are other disgusting things I won't want to discuss here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix) / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / Nigerians In UAE Say They Are Being Forced To Leave Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.