Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,165 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism (531 Views)

My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
In the first stages of embryonic development, the cells make exact copies of themselves. But if this multiplication of cells were not controlled, a human being would not be formed; rather, a large piece of flesh composed of identical cells would be the result.
But such is not the case. Identical stem cells later begin to DIFFERENTIATE. As a result of this DIFFERENTIATION, bones, smooth muscles, liver, lungs, in short, all the body's cells, tissues, organs and systems are formed.
Scientists have discovered that the genetic program which dictates the DIFFERENTIATION of the cells and their lodging in the appropriate place in the body is written in the DNA. But this raises the question: Who wrote this magnificent program so perfectly in this microscopic information bank hidden in the nucleus of cells? This genetic program could not have been formed by accumulated random mutations because most mutations are deleterious in nature rather than beneficial. And if the process of chance (i:e accumulated random mutations) cannot explain how this genetic program came to exist, then nothing other than intelligent design can explain it.

Despite the fact that the DNA of every cell contained an enormous amount of information relative to every detail of the human body, the cells in the embryo find and read only that information which pertains to their particular organ. Bone cells never try to form an eye or any other organ; the nerve cells do not interfere with the red blood cells. Each one knows very well where and how it will function. How do unconscious cells managed to accomplish this ?

Furthermore, who causes the cells to read this program written in the DNA and to apply it without error ? How is it that millions of different cells can find the information relevant to themselves in an immense information bank in the DNA and change their structure according to this information ?
For example, consider the cells which form the eyes: How can they know when the pupil is fully formed? How can they know how to structure the retina, the eye muscles, and the lens and how to give them their appropriate location, size and shape? How do they know at what point to stop these processes?

In fact, Hoimar von Ditfurth, A German evolutionist scientist, has this to say about the miraculous development that happens in the mother's womb:

"How a single egg cell divides to form so numerous DIFFERENTIATED cells, and the perfect natural communication and the cooperation between these cells top the events that amaze scientists".

If genetic program written in human DNA can only be explained by intelligent design just like our computer program, then who is the best candidate to occupy the seat of this intelligent design other than supernatural intelligent designer we depicted as God ?

1 Like

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by emmy512: 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

If genetic program written in human DNA can only be explained by intelligent design just like our computer program, then who is the best candidate to occupy the seat of this intelligent design other than supernatural intelligent designer we depicted as God ?

We might as well say everything thing I'm life has already been made to follow a universal formula where every action taken by each and every one of us stirs life into something else.

Then I ask myself why do we try to be perfect in our endeavors when everything will fall in place depending on the action of others not only you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2019
By applying this genetic program, the cells bring into an existence a human person who has within himself millions of interrelated complex organic structures: a person who can hear, who can see, who can feel, who can think, who can make decisions, who can experience joy, who can appreciate beauty and who can study his own cells and DNA, and draw conclusions from his investigations.

But the important question is this: Who created this genetic program and implanted it in the cells?

1 Like

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
You just keep bringing "I don't know" or "I don't understand" arguments as definitive counters against atheism. All they do is reveal your ignorance (and ours too), they do not dispel the primary concern of atheism, what is the evidence of the existence of a god or gods. "I don't know" is evidence of ignorance, nothing else.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
LordReed:
You just keep bringing "I don't know" or "I don't understand" arguments as definitive counters against atheism. All they do is reveal your ignorance (and ours too), they do not dispel the primary concern of atheism, what is the evidence of the existence of a god or gods. "I don't know" is evidence of ignorance, nothing else.
LordReed,
1. Any truth that cannot withstand scrutiny is fake
2. Faith is a confidence one acquires through knowledge or personal experience

Do you have any truth against that of the OP?
Do you have any counter-knowledge of what you despise?

Only Atheists who believe with certainty that there is no God has the right to speak. Until you reach that nivana, go get the requisite knowledge.

It is recklessness to say, I don't know the correct answer but the answer of my co-debater is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
While growth in the womb continues, an even more amazing event takes place.

When some cells continue to divide and differentiate, others kill themselves, thereby allowing certain organs to take shape. This is known as "programmed cell death" in embryology .

For example, during the development of the hands and feet, some cells die off according to a certain pattern in order to form the fingers and toes.

In fact, Scientific American, October 1999 confessed as follows;

"More generally, building a complex organism like a human being is like creating an intricate sculpture. Cell division forms the clay, whereas cell death sculpts the clay into the desired form. Consider human hands, which start out as paddlelike structures. Fingers develop in the paddles, but then the cells in the tissue between the fingers must die for a proper hand to form".

At this point, we are faced with another question: who wrote a genetic program that is so versatile to the extent of making some cells to sacrifice themselves in order to make some parts of human body to take their functional shapes ?

This genetic program is too complex and highly specific to have been created by chance. If chance cannot explain it, then it must be deliberately planned for. There is no third option.

The existence of deliberate planning implies the existence of a planner. But a planner can only be a "personal being" with intelligence and consciousness. It is this very personal being we portrayed as God.
Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

LordReed,
1. Any truth that cannot withstand scrutiny is fake
2. Faith is a confidence one acquires through knowledge or personal experience

Do you have any truth against that of the OP?
Do you have any counter-knowledge of what you despise?

Only Atheists who believe with certainty that there is no God has the right to speak. Until you reach that nivana, go get the requisite knowledge.

It is recklessness to say, I don't know the correct answer but the answer of my co-debater is wrong.

It is reckless to say because neither you or I know something therefore whatever reason you decide is the answer, is the answer. That is reckless and stupíd.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by shadeyinka(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
LordReed:

It is reckless to say because neither you or I know something therefore whatever reason you decide is the answer, is the answer. That is reckless and stupíd.
Let the gnostic Christians have their stance against the gnostic Atheists and vice versa .

Agnostic Atheists are reckless when they put their mouths in the things they have not enough understanding

A butterfly thinks itself a bird
Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Let the gnostic Christians have their stance against the gnostic Atheists and vice versa .

Agnostic Atheists are reckless when they put their mouths in the things they have not enough understanding

A butterfly thinks itself a bird

That is the claim of the monumentally deluded to tell me that because you don't know how something works therefore you know how it works.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
Scientific American, October 1999 confessed as follows;

"More generally, building a complex organism like a human being is like creating an intricate sculpture. Cell division forms the clay, whereas cell death sculpts the clay into the desired form. Consider human hands, which start out as paddlelike structures. Fingers develop in the paddles, but then the cells in the tissue between the fingers must die for a proper hand to form".

If we suddenly encounter a human sculpture made up of clay in a bush, are we going to say we don't know how it came to exist ? Of course, we know with confidence that it must have been made by a personal being having intelligence and consciousness.

But a real human being made up of living cells is more complex and wonderful than a human sculpture made up of clay. Therefore, if we would never believe that unconscious and unintelligent nature can create the human sculpture that we met in a bush irrespective of the years is going to take the nature, then is it not a betrayal of our conscience to believe that the same nature has created the real human being ?
Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 8:21am On Sep 10, 2019
Let us consider our urogenital system that was formed during embryonic development. This system is made up of ;
1. a pair of kidney,
2. a pair of ureter,
3. urinary bladder,
4. internal and external urethra sphincter,
5. urethra,
6. vas deferens and
7. ejaculatory duct

The pair of kidney (which can be likened to two pumping machines) filter the waste from our blood and send it through a pair of long pipe called ureters into a storage tank (i:e the urinary bladder) which has two taps at its end. These two taps are called the internal and external urethra sphincter. Another long pipe (called the urethra) now runs from the end of the bladder to the tip of the penis through which the urine exits the body.
Again, there is another contractile pipe called the ejaculatory duct which enable another storage tube (i:e the vas deferens that contains the semen) to link with the same urethra that carries the urine coming from the urinary bladder.
During the period of ejaculation, one of the two taps ( i:e the internal urethra sphincter) at the end of the urinary bladder is involuntarily closed. Therefore, despite the fact that urine and the semen flow out of the body through the same pipe (the urethra) that runs through the length of the penis, they do not mixed together; only one can flow at a time. One of the two taps (i:e the internal urethral sphincter) which only close during the time of ejaculation is not under our control. But the other tap (i:e the external urethral sphincter) which can be open and close under our control enable us to urinate at any time we feel the need to do so.

See the plumbing system installed in human body: the pumping machines (the two kidneys), the storage tank (the urinary bladder), the storage tube ( the vas deferens), the two taps ( the internal and external urethral sphincters) and the four connecting pipes ( the two ureters, the ejaculatory duct and the urethra).

If the plumbing system installed in a building cannot be created by chance but through deliberate planning in the mind of a human plumber then the plumbing system installed in our body must also have been created by deliberate planning in the mind of a supernatural plumber which many people described as God.
Re: How Miracle Of Embryonic Development Destroyed The Back Bone Of Atheism by Abdulgaffar22: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2019
We all know that it's necessary to construct a building in basic stages: Once the walls go up, then the roof can be put in place. But we cannot proceed to plastering the walls before installing the electrical wiring and the water pipes. So while the walls are being erected, it's necessary to leave "gaps" where the electrical wires and water pipes can later be placed.

Similarly, during the construction of baby'skull in the mother's womb, "a pair of symmetrical gaps" known as the eye sockets have to be left in the skull where the two eye balls can later be placed.

Furthermore, during the period of plastering of the skull with the skin, another "pair of symmetrical gaps" for the eye balls have to be left in the facial skin. These "gaps" are highly modified to the extent of forming what is known as eye lids which enable the two eyes to be open and close at free will.

But how exactly do all these "symmetrical gaps" managed to be formed ? Do they formed by chance or deliberately created through intelligent design ?

If the "gaps" left in the wall of a building for the installation of the electrical wires and the water pipes cannot be formed by chance but through intelligent design in the mind of an engineer, then why such similar "gaps" left in the skull and in the facial skin for the installation of the two eye balls would now be formed by chance ?

Of course, they also have to be created through intelligent design in the mind of a Creator !

The atheists may want to argue and proclaim that those "pair of gaps" in the skull and in the facial skin meant for the installation of the eye balls were already encoded in the DNA of the fertilized egg .

But who encoded this information on the DNA ?

Again, how did bone cells (that formed the eye sockets) and the skin cells (that formed the eye lids) manage to "read and interpret" this encoded information on the DNA ?
Are we to believe that this process of "reading and interpretation" came to exist by chance ?
Even if we assume that process of reading the DNA came to exist by chance, then is it logical to also believe that its interpretation also came to exist by chance ?

An engineer who want to read and interpret the building plan designed by an architect have to posses some reasonable amount of knowledge and experience. Therefore, are we to believe that the bone cells and the skin cells that read and interpret the encoded DNA information require for the construction of the eye sockets and the eye lids also posses some reasonable amount of knowledge and experience ?

Again, how do they managed to determine the size and the actual location of these "gaps" ?

Furthermore, how do they managed to make these "pair of gaps" to be symmetrical ?

In order for any structures to be symmetrically formed during embryonic developments, its cells need to move in synchrony with each other at the correct time.
But how did bone cells that formed the "two eye sockets" and the skin cells that formed the "two eye lids" for the installation of the "two eye balls" manage to achieve this synchronous movement ?

But despite all these unanswerable questions, the atheists still have the mouths to proclaim that human body was poorly designed and therefore it could not have been created by God.

But how do they arrived at this conclusion ? They reached this conclusion by using their intelligent brains. But is the brain not part of human body that was poorly designed according to their claim ? So how can they rely on such brains to arrive at the truth ?

(1) (Reply)

Before You Read Their Posts / Today Is Christ The King Sunday / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.