Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? (4394 Views)

D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook / Simplykay's Kitchen- Food Entrepreneurship, Tips And More. / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by Kulas: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2010
Believe it or not,its hundred percent true that majority of people prefer eating in an Igbo,Calabar/Akwaibom kitchen/restaurant than Yoruba or Hausa kitchen.Here in lagos,if there are three restaurants situated close to one another with Calabar/Akwaibom,Igbo and Yoruba being the cooks respectively,people will be trooping in,in the calabar/akwaibom,igbo kitchen,including the yorubas themselves,other tribes and foreignerl eaving the Yoruba/Hausa own.Many of them confirmed truly that food prepared with this ethnic groups mentioned are better than theirs.Besides,they are neater.I think credits should be given to these people and also advised other tribes to learn how to prepare delicious food to emulate their counterparts as well as being neat.Hope its true or any objection?.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by Reenoj(f): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2010
true talk my dear, their food is just exceptional n cleanliness really plays a big role there.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by bashr4: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
hmm una dey find yoruba people trouble , i no follow oo
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by meyri: 2:22am On Jan 13, 2011
It just so good! Simple!
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by babyme1(f): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
Bc we pay much attention to wht we put in the pot wink
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by ifyalways(f): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2011
Kulas:

Believe it or not,its hundred percent true that majority of people prefer eating in an Igbo,Calabar/Akwaibom kitchen/restaurant than Yoruba or Hausa kitchen.Here in lagos,if there are three restaurants situated close to one another with Calabar/Akwaibom,Igbo and Yoruba being the cooks respectively,people will be trooping in,in the calabar/akwaibom,igbo kitchen,including the yorubas themselves,other tribes and foreignerl eaving the Yoruba/Hausa own.Many of them confirmed truly that food prepared with this ethnic groups mentioned are better than theirs.Besides,they are neater.I think credits should be given to these people and also advised other tribes to learn how to prepare delicious food to emulate their counterparts as well as being neat.Hope its true or any objection?.
If this is ur personal observation,cool but if u are saying its a Fact . . .dat one na lie.
Im a proper Igbo girl but anytime i travel out of Igboland/country,God in heaven knows that its only Yoruba food that i crave for.Im not alone,i know quite alot of ppl that wud climb the highest mountain for a plate of ewedu and amala kiss kiss
I only eat Igbo foods at home,when eating out,its either Yoruba,Itsekiri or Ghanaian dishes for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by nwangap(f): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
the only reason i will go for yoruba food is price, igbo/calabar food can be very expensive. the hausas, i don't know if they have food at all!
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by toyemz(f): 3:27am On Jan 19, 2011
personally i think its more to do with the intricate way it is prepared.while Yoruba and Hausa foods and stews are quite easy to learn how to prepare.you can so easily get stuck in getting it right with the calabar and igbo stews especially in knowing the different kinds of leaves and spices.

On the other hand, it might just be a case of having something different than what you are used to in your own environment

@Nwangap
really?
you have never tasted Hausa food my sister
i think you are in dire need of travelling up north to know and experience that Hausa do eat and they do have their own kind of foods and yes
when it well prepared it comes out really lovely
peace out
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2011
There's an element of truth in what the OP said. I remember back the during NYSC in Taraba, there was this Igbo woman that owns a restaurant 'Mama Onyii' in Wukari ,her food is mostly over subscribed lol, in fact it got to a point that igbo corpers were complaining that the food was finishing quickly and the woman says corpers from other tribes were the ones rushing her food. She convinced to make bitter leaf soup with beta ogiri with the mindset that it wld'nt be rushed , very wrong that one even finished before other soups.
For me, i prefer Yoruba Jollof rice or stew when i want to eat rice then Calabar/Igbo kitchen when i want to eat swallow cool
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by iice(f): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
Haven't noticed.
I eat whatever i find appetizing and i'm very picky. I love my own food die ooo.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by ekyblink: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Dnt even go there o shocked Calabar food is what they crave for...they only go for igbo food if ey are left with no option.
An igbo girl once invited me to her house OMO the soup i ate was nothing to write home about...was more like a cold water soup cool Honestly, therez more to cooking than just throwing leaves into a pot.
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by gidson12(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2013
ekyblink: Dnt even go there o shocked Calabar food is what they crave for...they only go for igbo food if ey are left with no option.
An igbo girl once invited me to her house OMO the soup i ate was nothing to write home about...was more like a cold water soup cool Honestly, therez more to cooking than just throwing leaves into a pot.
just tell us that ur igbo girl friend is a bad cook, and shut up, owkay
Re: Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes? by ekyblink: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=gidson12]
just tell us that ur igbo girl friend is a bad cook, and shut up, owkay[/qu

Am sorry I cant put everybody's blame on one person smiley
Am sure u urself is a bad cook but wount knw it since u avnt tasted something better... kiss

(1) (Reply)

How To Assemble And Cover A Two Tier Cake With Icing / Pic : Fisherman Caught Huge Hippopotamus In Akugbene Fishing Camp In Bayelsa / ETHANOL Distributors/buyers Needed Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.