Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt (284 Views)

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt / The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
Mine happened sometime in 2014 when I got a text on my phone inviting me for a job interview. Well,even though I didn't remember applying for such job,I decided to go for the interview based on say man cannot continue to be jobless. I dusted my suit,wore my well pilished shoe and nodded my tie with the hope of getting an interview with a top multinational company. I stood at the ever busy bus-stop under the scourging sun,sweat dripping down my face while singing praise and worship hoping my faith would attract d next bus towards my direction.But it didn't happen. God so kind,a bus came my way after spending 45mins at the bus-stop. I got to the venue and what I met there shocked me to my marrow. The place being used for the interview was a rental shop. The coordinators where as dirty as the sit they offered us.To cut the story short,as we settled to have the interview with frown all over our faces,this weird looking guy looking drunk came on stage and started preaching about gnld products to us.Can u belief that this man bought out some pictures of him where he lodged in a five star hotel in Dubai and was boasting of how he enjoyed himself courtesy of gnld. He started ranting about how university degree is useless. Well,at the end of the day we were asked to pay #11,000 for registration and the products will be released to us for marketing. my brother,na so I take japa. I been think say na only me self but by the time I reach bus-stop na so I meet crowd wet follow come the interview dey cause the living daylight out of the man. abeg una fit share una own make we laugh small. This country too hard to dey serious all the time joor.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by yeyebrity: 1:13am On Sep 10, 2019
Hmnn... I've had quite a few. But, I'll quickly narrate the one worthy of mention. It was the year 2014, and I was desperately job hunting. So, a neighbour of mine hinted me about a job opening in a company located in the F.C.T. Abuja.

Damn! That day was one of those days that I was down on cash, and I was calculating on how I was going to get to my destination with my limited funds.
Anyways, man must survive! I grabbed my credentials and hit the streets.

When I got to the company, I realized that the premises was kinda quiet for a workplace. I had hitherto done a quick google search and realised that it was a new start up. But, I didn't see that as much of a big deal, as I was ready to resume duties asap.

I composed myself and stormed the MD's office. He was a man in his 60's. He offered me a seat and engaged me in a chat. He asked about my previous work experience, and I let it all out by explaining my previous duties to him.

Then he dropped the bombshell! He said, and I quote: "Before you go, I would like a mouth action". He said it so calmly and with a feeling of entitlement that one would think he was asking for a pizza. I was taken aback and didn't see that coming.

Then he continued: "You know that Christmas is a few weeks from now, and you'll need money. So, if you treat me well, then you'll get the job".

I was calm, then I told him to excuse me that I needed to use the bathroom. Immediately, I grabbed my bag and disappointed into thin air, and that was the last he saw of me.

To me, it was just a good riddance. If I wanted to eat a toad's egg, I'd go for the tastiest.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 10, 2019
yeyebrity:
Hmnn... I've had quite a few. But, I'll quickly narrate the one worthy of mention. It was the year 2014, and I was desperately job hunting. So, a neighbour of mine hinted me about a job opening in a company located in the F.C.T. Abuja.

Damn! That day was one of those days that I was down on cash, and I was calculating on how I was going to get to my destination with my limited funds.
Anyways, man must survive! I grabbed my credentials and hit the streets.

When I got to the company, I realized that the premises was kinda quiet for a workplace. I had hitherto done a quick google search and realised that it was a new start up. But, I didn't see that as much of a big deal, as I was ready to resume duties asap.

I composed myself and stormed the MD's office. He was a man in his 60's. He offered me a seat and engaged me in a chat. He asked about my previous work experience, and I let it all out by explaining my previous duties to him.

Then he dropped the bombshell! He said, and I quote: "Before you go, I would like a mouth action". He said it so calmly and with a feeling of entitlement that one would think he was asking for a pizza. I was taken aback and didn't see that coming.

Then he continued: "You know that Christmas is a few weeks from now, and you'll need money. So, if you treat me well, then you'll get the job".

I was calm, then I told him to excuse me that I needed to use the bathroom. Immediately, I grabbed my bag and disappointed into thin air, and that was the last he saw of me.

To me, it was just a good riddance. If I wanted to eat a toad's egg, I'd go for the tastiest.

Lol,the result of the mouth action could have tasted sour.

(1) (Reply)

Promoters / Driver Needed In Lagos / I Need Your Help Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.