Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt (14838 Views)

The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market / My Job Hunt Experience / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by IyaTola: 1:40am On Jan 15, 2023
Sometime in 2014 when I got a text on my phone inviting me for a job interview. We'll, even though I didn't remember applying for such job, I decided to go for the interview based on say babe cannot continue to be jobless. I dusted my suit, wore my well polished civer shoe with the hope of getting an interview with a top multinational company.

I stood at the ever busy bus-stop under the scourging sun, sweat dripping down my face while singing praise and worship hoping my faith would attract the next bus towards my direction. But it didn't happen. God so kind, a bus came my way after spending 45mins at the bus-stop. I got to the venue and what I met there shocked me to my marrow. The place being used for the interview was a rental shop. The coordinators where as dirty as the sit they offered us.

To cut the story short, as we settled to have the interview with frown all over our faces, this weird looking guy looking drunk came on stage and started preaching about gnld products to us. Can you u belief that this man brought out some pictures of him where he lodged in a five star hotel in Dubai and was boasting of how he enjoyed himself courtesy of GNLD. He started ranting about how university degree is useless.

Well, at the end of the day we were asked to pay #11,000 for registration and the products will be released to us for marketing. I just sat there cursing them at the top of my voice,na so I take japa. I been think say na only me self but by the time I reach bus-stop na so I meet crowd wey follow come the interview dey cause the living daylight out of the man.

Abeg una fit share una own make we laugh small. This country too hard to dey serious all the time joor.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 1:43am On Jan 15, 2023
this are the same exact people I meet my first time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 1:46am On Jan 15, 2023
grin
christianjoy:
this are the same exact people I meet my first time
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 1:50am On Jan 15, 2023
lavylilly:
grin
see different excuses I was using
They never give up
Somehow but I was determined to get out of that place

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 1:56am On Jan 15, 2023
christianjoy:
see different excuses I was using
They never give up
Somehow but I was determined to get out of that place
Next time tell them you will not leave there until they provide your tfare, act as if you want to break something, scatter the place more like se were fu wan (show them small craze) tfare go fall out.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Onyeka90210(m): 1:58am On Jan 15, 2023
Hmmm
Just here for the stories grin
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 1:59am On Jan 15, 2023
lavylilly:
Next time tell them you will not leave there until they provide your tfare, act as if you want to break something, scatter the place more like se were fu wan (show them small craze) tfare go fall out.
lolz it was last year sha when I need things badly
But we move.
I kinda like working in a hotel
Less stress
Been looking for one though

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 2:10am On Jan 15, 2023
christianjoy:
lolz it was last year sha when I need things badly
But we move.
I kinda like working in a hotel
Less stress
Been looking for one though
Can you work in club?

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 2:10am On Jan 15, 2023

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 2:19am On Jan 15, 2023
lavylilly:
Can you work in club?
yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 2:26am On Jan 15, 2023
christianjoy:
yes
Call Tunji 08083351155, his the manager, make sure you get the job. Don't take no for answer as the girl handling the position just resigned

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 2:29am On Jan 15, 2023
lavylilly:
Call Tunji 08083351155, his the manager, make sure you get the job. Don't take no for answer as the girl handling the position just resigned
what is the location first before calling

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Hamachi(f): 3:07am On Jan 15, 2023
So after graduating from the university about a year ago i have'nt got a job. I know most of you will say (just one year and you are complaining.) Well it does'nt matter.

All that matters is that one is without a job and it is extremely annoying and life is boring.
You see adverts everywhere of job openings and you wonder if there are just for show or if people are really getting these jobs.
Once or twice you see a testimony on nairaland that someone just got a job and you begin to pray for your own, but these days people hardly even give testimony if they got the job or not.
You wait and wait for a miracle because now your degree does not matter again. If you don't have somebody somewhere, 'na only miracle you go hope on'.

After going through school, burning mid night candles, going for lectures, doing stupid assignments that lecturers never read and struggling to see that your name is on flimsy attendance cheat for ten marks, what do you get?
Answer - A long stay in your fathers house, waiting for when somebody will visit and dash you money. Because your parents do not have your time again.
Most times, you might even here comments like" abeg do go marry" or better still "you no get boyfriend?".
Sometimes you begin to wonder what went wrong but in the end, what can one do but hope for a miracle.

Life is hard o. Especially if you are unemployed and a girl in naija.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Cutehector(m): 5:48am On Jan 15, 2023
christianjoy:
what is the location first before calling

before taking the job, make sure you know why the former employee resigned.

Many people fail to ask this question.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by fman(m): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2023
Hamachi:
So after graduating from the university about a year ago i have'nt got a job. I know most of you will say (just one year and you are complaining.) Well it does'nt matter.

All that matters is that one is without a job and it is extremely annoying and life is boring.
You see adverts everywhere of job openings and you wonder if there are just for show or if people are really getting these jobs.
Once or twice you see a testimony on nairaland that someone just got a job and you begin to pray for your own, but these days people hardly even give testimony if they got the job or not.
You wait and wait for a miracle because now your degree does not matter again. If you don't have somebody somewhere, 'na only miracle you go hope on'.

After going through school, burning mid night candles, going for lectures, doing stupid assignments that lecturers never read and struggling to see that your name is on flimsy attendance cheat for ten marks, what do you get?
Answer - A long stay in your fathers house, waiting for when somebody will visit and dash you money. Because your parents do not have your time again.
Most times, you might even here comments like" abeg do go marry" or better still "you no get boyfriend?".
Sometimes you begin to wonder what went wrong but in the end, what can one do but hope for a miracle.

u need a skill.. learn a skill and make money from it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by fman(m): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2023
lavylilly:
na olosho work?
That name tunji, sounds suspicious..

Christanjoy u better run for your life!!!
Avoid stories that touches the heart. Na nairaland we dey...

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by christianjoy(m): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Cutehector:
make sure you know why the former employee resigned before taking the job.

okay

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by helen4(f): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Even when you have the opportunity to get to an interview, the level of disrespect is so much in teaching profession. So, 2021 December I and the kids relocated to hubby's at Abeokuta. Initially I was against it because that means leaving my stable job to an unknown. After series of arguments, I gave in. Hmm, long story short I have been jobless since then. Why? No job in Abeokuta and if you manage to get any, the pay is ridiculous. Last week I went for two interviews spending 1k each for tfare alone. The money quoted was 30k gross pay. Right now I am open to factory work self. What is the essence of years of experience and the certificate one owns if they can't fetch me money.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Rubyjade: 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
Cutehector:

before taking the job, make sure you know why the former employee resigned.

How will they find out this information? Remember, the person has left and most staff may probably don't know why he left.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by lavylilly: 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
fman:
na olosho work?
That name tunji, sounds suspicious..

Christanjoy u better run for your life!!!
Avoid stories that touches the heart. Na nairaland we dey...
Oga! Shut up if you don't know anything about this. It's a club in Surulere

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Sabadon(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
grin

It was a teaching job, pay was 18k, teaching biology, geography and Agric science from ss 1 to 3, including A level and GCE class. Went for school marketing, one of the parents of the students asked if i understood yoruba...i replied no, and he spoke in "yoruba, asking what if he asks me to bring my coconut head for a hard knock if i ll understand it"?(my colleague interpreted it for me) Other parents and students presenyt laughed hystyerically.

Long story short, i resigned. Pursued my goal and glad where i am now

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Tonyavaro: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
Omo, me n my paddy we just commot for nysc based on say we no wan old for house.

We enter street one day dey waka for ojodu berger , na so we collect one flier ..you sabi all this flier na wey Dem dey look for manager, biz developers, office assistant...Omo na so we collect am o.

Interview na like next 2 days , na so we root out fresh white shirt put starch ontop am, knack sharp brogues with laptop bag.

On the day if interview , me and my paddy (Teejay) we collide for BUStop before we march go interview venue.

Long story short , after we dey listen to motivational talk for 2 hours , Dem com brief us say na GNLD work.

Omo, me and Teejay just look each other burst laaf,...we con para Waka commot...since that day nothing consine me n job interview again .

Teejay dey UK now for msc , me dey run biz here.

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by CLRF: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
I never hunt for any Job in my life. I hardly update my CV until employees invite me for a Job opening and they are ready to employ me.

The most important Job for me is Praying for the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE-goNJeMuw

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by strangest(m): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
Na next year own go worse if Una like make Una no vote wisely...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by chriskosherbal(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
In NIGERIA there are alot of horrible job experience

i will drop mine soon
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by bigdammyj: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Reading...
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by jamesversion: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
IyaTola, you have started this morning.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by DenreleDave(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Never really had one so serious except 2015 when I
was looking for a place for IT... A frnd and I Waka Waka ehnnn but it is well sha..

I have available an original clipper for sale.

It is new and sealed

Price is 5k

Lagos mainland. You can reach me on the nomba in my siggy

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by qanda: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Mindlog: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
Reading....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by jclave22(m): 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hamachi:

go learn handwork

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by jamesversion: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
lavylilly:
cheesy

I bought this dress for one babe last year. But na you murder the dress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nationwide Recruitment At Reactor Beverages Limited / Federal Civil Service Job April 15, 2015 Mass Recruitment / Sportybet Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.