Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi (32663 Views)

Alex Iwobi: Why I Left Arsenal For Everton / The Hardley Apartments: Inside Kanu Nwankwo's Lagos Hotel & Cost Per Night / Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Naija247blog: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2019
Kanu Nwankwo, Ex Super Eagles captain has said to the public that Arsenal made a huge mistake by selling the 23-year-old player, Alex Iwobi to Everton.

Speaking to Goal.com, he believes the Gunners should have kept Iwobi especially after the last AFCON, who was at the club since he was eight years.

Alex Iwobi left the Emirates Stadium on deadline day, in a deal that could eventually total £40million ($49m). As for Ex Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, the Arsenal’s decision to cash in on the 23-year-old Nigerian, was a wrong one.

“I would say they made a mistake, 100 per cent.

“Why they let him go, I don’t know."

“He’s a boy who, in and out, is Arsenal. He always wanted to do his best for the club. He loves the club, but not only that he can play football.

“What he brings week in, week out, the fans need to appreciate that.

“I think he is still young and those are the type of people you want in the team, people who grew up here, who knows everything about the club and wants to die for the club.

“He was one of them, so for us to lose him and to let him go, was a shock. I couldn’t really believe we did it, but that’s football,” he said.

“It was a surprise to everybody because it happened right at the end of the window,” said Kanu. “If I knew earlier, I could have said to him not to go and that it was better for him to stay.

“I would have said that there was no need for him to go because at Arsenal he will still play. He’s that good and he needs to know that.

“I think Arsenal would have been the best place for him because it’s a big club and you want to play in a big club and in Europe. Those are the games you want to play.”

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/09/10/kanu-nwankwo-blasts-arsenal-for-selling-iwobi/

18 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by NwaAmaikpe: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
shocked

Sentiments aside.
Arsenal took the best decision on Alex Iwobi.

The team needed to be firing on all cylinders this 2019/2020 season...sadly Alex had become an oil soaked, faulty spark plug.

Based on his antecedents in Arsenal, we know his two header goals are just a fluke.
The Pepe choice will pay off on the long run.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
Arsenal sold Iwobi to buy Pepe , Iwobi has scored two goals why Pepe is still struggling to hit a shot on target after the hype. Meanwhile for those using Gotv and Dstv check last topic for promo prices to enjoy matches and movies.

24 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by festacman(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2019
It is a win-win situation for all parties involved.

Alex Iwobi doubled his weekly salary from recent increment of £70,000 at Arsenal to between £120,00 and £150,000 at Everton. In addition, he gets more playing time to develop given the assurances of Everton manager.

Arsenal FC sells its academy product for a good price to balance its books while keeping an eye on him as he develops at Everton for possible repurchase.

Arsenal fans will have a chance to look for another villain to lambast after each poor outing.

Everton FC will strengthen its attack force.

Bottom line: Alex Iwobi was not forced out of Arsenal. He was willing to leave because he got a better offer at Everton and an opportunity to prove himself as a professional footballer and a grown ass man as opposed to being perpetually underrated at Arsenal as "Arsenal youngster".

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Oceannaagent: 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2019
Better than sitting out all his time in bench at Arsenal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by lizdammy: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
ok

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Flier: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
That is why Africa will never develop because they ae not ready to call a spade a spade
Deep down he knows Iwobi is below par but he want him to be at Arsenal anyway

22 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by ginaeve: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
KANU is gunning for Arsenal technical crew position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Nicklaus619(m): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
His opinion though, for me arsenal took the best decision in letting the young chap go, at least he has gotten better than he use to, that's called challenging your self cool

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by straighttalk(m): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
Watin concern Kanu fo d matter
Na im sell?

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by AjalaJ(m): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
Is he a decision maker?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by igbohausayoruba: 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nwaimaikpe my man

Always here to read ur comment

U gat a fan bro

But I hate you

4 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by deltateam: 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Arsenal sold Iwobi to buy Pepe , Iwobi has scored two goals why Pepe is still struggling to hit a shot on target after the hype. Meanwhile for those using Gotv and Dstv check last topic for promo prices to enjoy matches and movies.

Taa. To hell with gotv and Dstv. To hell with south Africa and their sh1t.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by theowane: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
Kanu, why are you crying more than the bereaved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Futureinvest(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
He should vex na..

Wise man, many investment for the expensive future.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Carlyboi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Arsenal sold him cos they needed to recoup some money from the small investment they did especially as regards Pepe’s deal the likes of ozil mikhitaryan el neny mustafi etc won’t command anything close to the 35m Everton offered even no club was willing to take ozil on loan it was only torrreira that had strong interest and the club wasn’t really keen on selling him!

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Racism in Arsenal is much

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Ezeudo7: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
The whole world knew he was moving to everton and papilo did nt know!

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by VirginSearcher(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
The day he embarrassed the Rennes player was his end at Arsenal.. karma is real.. he is a stup1d boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Abalado(f): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
Sometimes we might be thinking this is where our destiny will shine and rise but God has a better plans for us, I believe God is moving Iwobi to a greater heights that's why they made such a mistake, but Ferguson would never made such a big mistake, ....bad management affecting arsenal already, now Iwobi is there in everton making name while Pepe or Okro is here making trash..They will be regretting already now but they won't be able to talk,,,

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by richPHAROAH: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
english toh bad

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by Softouchgraphix: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Blasts Arsenal For Selling Alex Iwobi by bizhop01: 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
Arsenal that even sold Henry to Barcelona,
kanu should find a place and sit.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State / Lebron James' Son, Bronny Suffered A Cardiac Arrest During A Basketball Workout / Copa America: Luis Suarez In Tears As Peru Defeat Uruguay On Penalties (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.