Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,071 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

*the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * (1029 Views)

You Won't Believe What Happened During "Night Class" In Uni �� / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / FUOYE Farm Practice Year (FPY) 2017/2018 Session (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 12:42am On Sep 11, 2019
*THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE FUOYE PROTEST*
*TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10 2019*

The issue of Inadequate power supply as been as issue in Nigeria as a whole. The light issue in oye and Ikole is quite appalling. The students have kept quiet for a while but they just can't take it anymore.
Last semester in Ikole Campus,there was a protest which brought results for a while but it seems the electricity distribution officials aka NEPA have failed to fulfill their promises.

This morning students on both campuses(ikole and oye) got to school only to see the gates locked.
We are tired of reading in the dark! The students of Fuoye living off campus deserve light.

Heartbreaking to see the fake news posted on top blogs and websites in the country concerning the Fuoye student's protest. The students didn't attack Mrs Bisi Fayemi(Wife of the State Governor) , she did!

The students on both campuses (Oye and Ikole) went out for a peaceful protest...why?
The epileptic power supply on both campuses is so appaling.....
Some students in Ikole were having lectures when the members of the SUG called the students out for a peaceful protest...
The students went out en masse for the protest! and locked the NEPA office , they then went to the palace of the King of Ikole . Not long after they heard that a student of Ikole who happened to be a class govenor in 100L had been shot dead by the police! This young man went to join is fellow comrades in oye campus only to get shot in the EYE!
They got angry ,went back to the NEPA office and burnt it down...thank God no one was in the building

At Oye Campus
Mrs Bisi Fayemi's was with her convoy on a tour passing through the oye/ikole road then students stopped her at oye hoping she could help with the issue on ground ,according to reports she ordered the shooting of these poor students and they ran for their dear lives.

“Then the police officers started manhandling and chasing the students.

“The students repelled by stoning the officer and the police started shooting our students sporadically which led to the death of one and several were injured.”

FUOYE Students Union President, Comrade Oluwaseun Awodola, however denied the students attacked the Governor wife’s convoy.

“I was sleeping when my PA came that the army official wants to see me. I went to the official and we approached the road.

“On getting to the road side which was closed to the police office, the Mopol said the CSO was around.

“All of a sudden a CPU(moral) official from nowhere came and slapped me.

“Immediately the CSO was begging me and other security officials

“Students came over and they were like they want to see the person that slapped me.

“At first i was aggrieved but later I was calm. We left the scene then the CSO was like once we get to the Governor’s office the police officer will apologise.

“Nobody attacked the convoy of the Governor’s wife. We already agreed we will be having a meeting with the Special Adviser to the Governor and NLC executives tomorrow by 10am before we meet at the school gate tomorrow.

“All of a sudden, a Mopol official fired gun shots. Immediately, students were like why did he shoot?

“The CSO to the Governor came immediately and told the Mopol to stop shooting.

“They started shooting teargas, gun and the likes. Then students started throwing stones that was how everything started.

” Nobody attacked the governor’s wife convoy. We ended the protest around 2pm,” he said.

According to the report students did not lead the attack until the governor wife ordered the shoot out of students and the news reports that are convoy vehicle's where destroyed and that she escaped in Ayegbaju, which is not true.
When the students realized a fellow student had been attacked they went wild and attacked the police men.
So far 4 students are dead, 2 injured and 3 policemen are dead.
The policemen went furher to go to Student hostel to shoot and fire tear gas! More new coming

Students are not hoodlums!
Students should be respected
The Vicechanncellor has ordered students to leave the school premises latest by 10am tomorrow morning!
The school will be on lock down till further notice
#savefuoye
#saynotonepaphobia
Say No To Fake News!
Re: *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by WarriFirstBorn(m): 6:08am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by Tocynone(m): 6:28am On Sep 11, 2019
"4 students and 3 policemen are dead" . I see serious trouble loading, this is no joke.

1 Like

Re: *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by Behrooztoolz: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2019
God help.
Re: *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by Fatasy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
you were sleeping,while others were protesting
Re: *the Truth About What Happened During The Fuoye Protest* * by jnoz23(m): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2019
because candle don finish for market?

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG About To Disinfect Schools Across The Country / BREAKING: Permanent Secretary Lobbies Sultan To Cover Up Allegations Against / Planning To Study In The UK? You Will Need These Important Documents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.