Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy (5832 Views)

What You Didn't Know About Wizkid / Wizkid Merits Festivity 10 Years After 'holla At Your Boy' / Wizkid – Holla At Your Boy (Throwback Mp3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Instrumentalng(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2019
Are you a Wizkid fan? I’m sure you know holla at your boy was his first official single and the song that paved the way for him. While Star boy is currently enjoying his dominance in the Nigerian music industry today, it is funny to think that he blew with someone’s work.

Funny right?

Wizkid released holla at your boy in 2010 as the first single off his Superstar album. In 2009 - a year before -, Se7en released a song with Lil Kim titled Girls. I won’t say much again, watch the video below and be the judge - watch till the end for the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2W-SXSHMA&feature=youtu.be
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2019
Forget that thing...because of the “holla at your boy” line, wizkid’s song is now a copy cat case...??

If this is infringement, then all writers would have been sued for plagiarism....
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Instrumentalng(m): 11:24am On Sep 12, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Forget that thing...because of the “holla at your boy” line, wizkid’s song is now a copy cat case...??

If this is infringement, then all writers would have been sued for plagiarism....

More than the line. The first verse, the chorus and the instrumental - thats complete plagiarism
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by elvision1(m): 5:59am On May 30, 2022
Wow, bump!
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Extremefiles(m): 6:10am On May 30, 2022
We know. Even this song plagiarised. If you sabi songs you go know... "Girls girls girls I do adore"
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Aidejay(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2022
This is old news. But it's been established.
Look at Holla At Your Boy's Wikipedia Page it's clearly stated there that the song is a cover. Plus there is a tweet wiz put out years ago, Se7en is properly credited.

I guess it's news to some people now.

Reminds me of when PSquare used to cover and remake songs anyhow and they became hits.
Re: Truth About Wizkid’s Holla At Your Boy by Slickest(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
You capping bro, se7en released this song in 2009 February.

(1) (Reply)

Anger Management Tour Was Hot! / Sound Sultan vs. Ruggedman: Who's Better in Rhyming? / Michael W Smith Grace Mp3 & Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.